10th Doctor trench coat (Doctor Who)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vikkitx

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I've been meaning to sew a trench coat for the 10th Doctor for ages, and finally got a chance to work on it. You should be able to see a bit of the dark blue lining.
10drtrench02.jpg

Les Walker repainted the Character Options 10th Doctor figure. The head is mounted on a Dragon body instead of the original CO body.
10drtrench01.jpg

I'm still not happy with how the back turned out. The vent turned out OK. I had to enlarge the pattern slightly for the coat to fit over the 10th Doctor's suit. I think the coat looks baggy as a result, instead of the usual snug fit along the figure's back.
10drtrench05.jpg

Oh I also think he looks amazing. That repaint is a vast improvement to. :D

Oh I also think he looks amazing. That repaint is a vast improvement to. :D
Thanks for the kind words, folks.

Sue: I only wish I was a better photographer. The detail Les put into this repaint is incredible: freckles, a very faint five o'clock shadow, etc. The reapint looks so much better in person. I think it took well over a year to get it, due to the heavy workload Les has. But hey, quality like that is well worth the wait.

My poor attempts to show off the detail in a Les Walker repaint...
10dr04.jpg

There are freckles along the cheek and nose, and a very faint five o'clock shadow on the upper lip and along the jawline.
10dr03.jpg

Just curious, did you put the repainted Tennant head on a new body? The CO body was kind of floppy in general.

Just curious, did you put the repainted Tennant head on a new body? The CO body was kind of floppy in general.
Yep, the repainted head now is on a Dragon body for just that reason. Plus, I didn't like the joints on the CO body.

I just received a 10th Doctor coat from Vikii and it's excellent. Great work, Vikki and thanks.

10coat.jpg

I just received a 10th Doctor coat from Vikii and it's excellent. Great work, Vikki and thanks.

10coat.jpg
Glad you liked it!

BTW, I am completely jealous of that blue-suited/red-sneakered Tennant outfit you have! That's an awesome find.

Glad you liked it!

BTW, I am completely jealous of that blue-suited/red-sneakered Tennant outfit you have! That's an awesome find.

I like this version too. It's much better than the brown suit version. The joints are tighter and the suit in a much better material. This one was a British kid's toy and he "outgrew" it and his mother sold it to me. It had a couple paint marks on one cheek but they cleaned up. I kind of like it even more since he was a real kid's toy.

blue1.jpg

Last edited:
Back