10 Best Superhero Movies of all TIME....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The acting in Hulk wasn't bad, nor was the direction. The hulk dogs were a wrong direction, but otherwise it was an interesting interpretation of the character that tried to add a little depth to the subject. Far better than than X-3 and a lot of other comic films.

Well if its Superhero movies, I guess the likes of Sin City and Akira dont count so heres mine, while excluding some of my favourite comic book films.

Batman Begins
V for Vendetta (some say terrorist I say hero, tomAto/tomaaaato!)
X-Men 2
The Incredibles
Batman
Batman Returns
X-Men
Superman Returns (yeh so!:lol )
Spiderman 2
Superman The Motion Picture

I agree with the worst Superhero films on there too, but both of Schumachers(sp?) attrocious, disgraceful and sad excuses for Batman films should be on there. Disgraces the character, I just have an overwhelming hate for that.
I havent even been remotely able to see Catwoman, as I cant bear seeing such a brilliant character destroyed.
The trouble is nowdays, is that superhero movies are making so much of the big bucks, theyre practically fishing for comics and heros to make blockbusters out off.
Its just sad...

A thread for best comic to film threads should start up, that would be interesting!

Last edited:
Azog said:
Worst.
1. Nick Fury (w/ David Hasselhoff)
2. The Punisher (w/ Dolph Lundgren)
3. Meteor Man
4. Steel
5. Batman and Robin
6. Incredible Hulk
7. 70's Spider-Man Movie
8. The Ultimates Animated Feature
9. Superman 3
10. Superman 4

Batman and Robin should be like all time #1

There is a Captain America movie from the early 90's, which I heard is horrid as well.

The sequel to' Hulk' is coming out soonish. Its called 'The Incredible Hulk' Dont know what its about, but Ang Lee isnt involved.

I also think Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is one of the better superhero movies. Also Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. If either of those had been live-action they'd be perfect superhero films.

Here's my list, I didn't include non Comic Book Superheroes because that would make the worst of list way to long. Also if it's not listed, it's because I forgot about it or haven't seen it.
My favorite:
1. Spider-man 2
2. Batman Begins
3. The Crow
4. X-Men 2
5. Spider-man
6. The Rocketeer
7. Richard Donner's Superman
8. Superman II
9. X-Men
10. Batman
11. Batman Returns
12. Blade 2
13. Blade
14. Hellboy
15. Sin City

Somewhere in the middle (they're not so bad or so good):
Batman 3 The Hulk, Punisher, Daredevil, Constantine

The absolute worst:
1. Catwoman
2. Steel
3. Nick Fury
4. Batman & Robin
5. Spawn
6. The Phantom
7. Captain America
8. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
9. Superman 3
10. Superman 4
11. Elektra
12. Punisher (Dolph Lundgren)

Darklord Dave said:
I also think Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is one of the better superhero movies. Also Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. If either of those had been live-action they'd be perfect superhero films.
Oh forgot about those. Yeah, the one with MR. Freeze is great, sooooo much better then Arnold's version.

The Crow, Sky High, are glaring omissions from the list.
I also like the animated Batman vs. Dracula very much.

JS

1. Superman: The Movie
  2. Batman Begins
  3. Superman Returns
  4. Batman
  5. Superman 2
  6. The Rocketeer
  7. X-Men
  8. Spider-Man
  9. X-2
  10. Spider-Man 2
I left off toons, because that'd get too hard. Otherwise, Incredibles and Mask of the Phantasm would easily deserve spots on that list.

I stuck with adaptations of comic books, because it opens it up too much otherwise. The Matrix is a superhero movie.

Blade is a comic book adaptation, and he's a hero with powers, but he doesn't feel very superhero-y to me.

I think that Unbreakable is a great movie.

Interesting to see someone had Ultimate Avengers in their worst-of-all-time list. I don't think it's great, but I found a lot right about it. However, there is just something wrong that I couldn't put my finger on. I think it may be the pacing, and I think that's because they were too tied to the structure of the comic it was adapted from. Still, it's no Batman & Robin.

Yikes, remind me to steer clear of Time Out New York or any other venue featuring David Fear. What a crappy list.

I do agree with some of his 'worst' pics though.... Hulk sucked to no end, and Daredevil is one of the worst films I've ever laid eyes on.

BDboystoys said:
The sequel to' Hulk' is coming out soonish. Its called 'The Incredible Hulk' Dont know what its about, but Ang Lee isnt involved.

According to Marvel, it's not a sequel it''s a remake. They got a new contract, and kinda want to pretend that the first was never made. Like Roger Cormans Fantastic 4,which out me to sleep, but it's still better than the Alba one!

PosterBoyKelly said:
According to Marvel, it's not a sequel it''s a remake. They got a new contract, and kinda want to pretend that the first was never made. Like Roger Cormans Fantastic 4,which out me to sleep, but it's still better than the Alba one!

i wonder how Ang Lee feels about this? He should really stick to "Brokeback Mountain" genre films.

Well, seeing that he did such a lack-luster job on it,maybe he doesn't care at all. Marvel also said they plan on doing Iron Man, with director John Favreu signed, AntMan from the guys who did Shawn of the Dead, and possibly Thor. It was all in last months Wizard, that Paramont signed to Marvel saying, pretty much, do what you want you're in control.

Here's my list of best Superhero Flicks:
1-Batman (Burtons, I know I love Begins, but it comes down to Nicholson)
2-Batman Returns (And DeVito, I was a fat kid and was Penguin for Halloween, it wins based on memories)
3-Spider-man
4-Batman Begins (trust me it really is even with Spidey, but one had to go above the other, and I love Sam Rami)
5-X2 (it was just the best X flick IMO)
6-Incredibles (what the F4 movie should have been like)
7-Superman 2 (hail ZODD)
8-Spider-Man 2
9-X-Men
10-Superman

I know, not thrilling or original, but thy're my favs. And rabid Batman Begins fans, don't get me wrong, I love it 4 outa 5, but I hated Scarecrow, he was pretty, young and short...NOTHING like Scarecrow, though Neeson and Bale make it amazing. I only mention this because my face has been shredded for liking Burtons films more 100000 times, so please don't make it 100001 times.:eek:

Not in any particular order:

01. X-Men
02. X-Men 2
03. X-Men 3 (yes i liked it.........just cause it don't follow the comics, don't make it bad. could they have done it differently............yes...........but i still thought it was great)
04. Spider-Man
05. Spider-Man 2
06. Sin City
07. V for Vendetta
08. The Fantastic Four
09. Batman
10. Batman Begins
11. Blade
12. Balde II
13. The Crow
14. Hellboy

I would not consider the Hulk or Daredevil to be horrible..............

Daredevil coulda been better had they not had Ben Affleck and changed the story slightly

the Hulk coulda used a big time story change...........loved the CGI with the Hulk..........but Bruce coulda been done a little differently...........acting was alright...........liked Sam Elliott, but not his some of his lines...........they had the CGI of the Hulk down great............just bad story............but still a decent movie

The (Thomas Jane) Punisher was decent as well...................except i didn't like how they shot him in the heart and he lived........................that was the killer for me........................

Last edited:
1. Superman: The Movie
2. Superman Returns
3. Batman Begins
4. Superman II: The Adventure Continues
5. Batman

Spidey would be up there if I could stomach Tobey Maguire in the role.

Interesting how the MSN article is called "Men in Tights" but seems to avoid costumed heroes as much as possible.

Dis be mines:

1. Batman Begins
2. Unbreakable
3. X-Men 2
4. Superman Returns
5. Spider-Man 2 (even though the scene when he hops off his moped and the 2 boys standing alone ask how he did that gnaws at my skin)

I can't give a top ten yet.

Worsts of dose left be:

1. Catwoman (Awful in every way)
2. Batman & Robin (Awful but enjoyable for ages 3-6)
3. Fantastic Four (No depth to the characters)
4. Hellboy (Cool special effects & a cool character doesn't make up for bad writing, felt like I was being spoon-fed the story, probably would have enjoyed if I was 10 years younger)

Haven't seen Superman sequels, Rocketeer, and only parts of Elektra & Daredevil.

PosterBoyKelly said:

oh! Woah! Thats the first time thats been done in present time for a relatively new film isnt it!
I didnt think Hulk was that bad though. I mean it definately isnt going to be on ANY list of mine but to pretend it didnt exist when it wasnt a disaster is strange! I know its fondly hated by people on the net and comic fans, but most others found it ok. Cant say it was worse than F4:monkey1

Either way, hope they use this chance to make a really good adaptation, instead of what they do nearly everytime with a comic film nowdays.

I'm not sure what they're going to do with the new one. All I know is Abomination is supposed to be the villain, again according to last months wizard interview. Thor is underway too, written by the guy who wrote Batman Begins, so it might be pretty cool. I hope they play the whole "Is Thor really a God, or just a crazy guy with some power" angle like in the Ultimates, but than again that's a little bit like the Maxx. I wonder who'll be Thor, maybe Canadian Glam rocker Jon Mikle Thor (if you're unfamiliar with him, and like to laugh alot, check out the film Rock N' Roll Nightmare, you'd think it's a Christian propaganda film....except that there's boobys in it.)

Back