1-6th X-wing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1-6th X-wing project

Looking good Mr. Snow. You have too much skill for one man. I'm still a about a 2 weeks away from the throne being done:pow

Wow Dorgmal, "Impressive, most impressive..."
I got some PVC pipe and other various fittings for my moisture vaporator...I will be posting pictures soon. This environment piece I am planning will have a 12 inch diameter sand coated base. I plan on using it for all sorts of displays, especially that sandtrooper SS just announced. I am also thinking about a Cloud City weather vane that could be mounted on the wall...It would make for a very dynamic display when the Vader arrives from Sideshow, recreating the "...I am your father" moment. When I get the experience from making the sand base for my current project, I would like to try and make a 1/6 escape pod environment one day. (someone mentioned that earlier) I reckoned if I waited for someone else to make them I'd never see them realized. The Falcon exterior ramp section (lowered) would could also make for some cool possibilities.

That is going to be very cool, it would look great with my landspeeder. Once you get it finished we will have to do a virtual photo shoot.

You take some shots of your diorama and I will take shots of my Lanspeeder and I will photoshop them together.

I am really keen on collaborative projects, its such a shame that a lot of you guys are in the USA or Canada. Nevermind. I am so pleased to see so many people building.....

Dorgmal

Looking good Mr. Snow. You have too much skill for one man. I'm still a about a 2 weeks away from the throne being done:pow

Why thank you Mr. Lopie. I am really sorry that i have not got around to finishing the drawings for your throne. I was so keen on getting a little cross continental workshop on the go. But I have been so busy with work and other non 1/6th stuff.
I can not wait to see some shots of the chair, especially shots in progress.

Speak soon old chap.

Dorgmal

This is ridiculously awesome :bow :bow

Why thank you dear boy. I am learning so much from doing this and can not stop thinking about what to build next. I loved doing the Landspeeder and look forward to doing a photo shoot and build a proper diorama. The same goes for the X-wing.

I want the next project to be really cool, I really want to push my self to the limits technically and mentally......

I would not do any of this with out comments like yours to spur me on into the night.

Dorgmal

I know you’ve been busy; I’ve been keeping track of your progress. Whenever you’re done with the X-Wing I have some more pics of the throne if you want them for reference. I’ll take some pics this week and post them.

Wow Dorgmal, "Impressive, most impressive..."
I got some PVC pipe and other various fittings for my moisture vaporator...I will be posting pictures soon. This environment piece I am planning will have a 12 inch diameter sand coated base. I plan on using it for all sorts of displays, especially that sandtrooper SS just announced. I am also thinking about a Cloud City weather vane that could be mounted on the wall...It would make for a very dynamic display when the Vader arrives from Sideshow, recreating the "...I am your father" moment. When I get the experience from making the sand base for my current project, I would like to try and make a 1/6 escape pod environment one day. (someone mentioned that earlier) I reckoned if I waited for someone else to make them I'd never see them realized. The Falcon exterior ramp section (lowered) would could also make for some cool possibilities.

Id love to see that m8, im thinking of making 1 myself.

Also Dorgmal m8 awesome stuff, cant wait to see the finished paint job. Just remember when you dry brush, take your time and just flick it lightly over anything sticking out, and any edging. You cant rush dry brushing take your time and build it up til your happy.

Id love to see that m8, im thinking of making 1 myself. DON'T THINK Bob, DO IT!!!Dorgmal.:rolleyes:

Also Dorgmal m8 awesome stuff, cant wait to see the finished paint job. Just remember when you dry brush, take your time and just flick it lightly over anything sticking out, and any edging. You cant rush dry brushing take your time and build it up til your happy.

Oww don't you worry i am really gonna take my time on the paint work and thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it. I have already done a bit of a rough paint job, just to get the real of what it will look like.

I am thinking of getting an airbrush but they are so expensive. I really want to get a couple more dollies LOL as I actually don't have that many. Old Ben is top of my list at the mo, but might have to save for an airbrush first...

There is not masses to do on the x-wing really , if I stick to my plan of just making the front end!

Still gonna take me a while though...

Dorgmal

Dude... INSANE!
Love it... and get the helmet from Mooncat... I have one on my custom Pilot Luke and it is TONS better!

I'm going to have to look for one of those Tomy helmets. I hate that Hasbro's has that sliding goggles thing on top.

Oww don't you worry i am really gonna take my time on the paint work and thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it. I have already done a bit of a rough paint job, just to get the real of what it will look like.

I am thinking of getting an airbrush but they are so expensive. I really want to get a couple more dollies LOL as I actually don't have that many. Old Ben is top of my list at the mo, but might have to save for an airbrush first...

There is not masses to do on the x-wing really , if I stick to my plan of just making the front end!

Still gonna take me a while though...

Dorgmal

I would love an airbrush but they are kinda expensive. I used to paint for my local games workshop, so going from ickle figs to 12" is damn easier painting wise lol. The good thing about airbrushing is the quality and overall smoothness of the paint applied. You just cant get that quality with normal paint brushing on large areas. I would say if you plan on doing tons more projects like you have get 1, if not put it on the back burner for now and get some dollies m8 :D

If you're not doing incredibly detailed work with it, you can pick up a Badger basic airbrush set up fairly cheap.

I recommend using an air capacitor with the compressor though, to keep the level constant.

What have I DONE!

Well after lots of thinking and umming and arring, I decided just doing the front end would be silly and I like a challenge! So I have rebuilt the back end and cut out the wing ports!!
It now stands at just under 6 foot tall and weighs as much as a large pig.

I have also cut one of the wings out. just to see how big its gonna be, and its gonna be big!

mecopy.jpg

Can't see pics when I'm at work :mad:

As for an airbrush, I got a cheap and cheerful effort from Hobbycraft, nothing fancy but it does the job well enough and it was only about a tenner.

Cheers,
Doug

Can't see pics when I'm at work :mad:

As for an airbrush, I got a cheap and cheerful effort from Hobbycraft, nothing fancy but it does the job well enough and it was only about a tenner.

Cheers,
Doug

I bought an airbrush last night, spent the last on my money so I have to wait till I get paid next month. The other thing I need to know about is what paints to use. I have been using car primmer which is great but a bit expensive. So advice on paints would be really good.

I will pick all u guys brains about airbrushing when I start playing.

Shame u cant see the pic Doug!! They will make u laugh...

Dorgmal

I use thinned Tamiya acryilics (when I can find them)

Will be able to see pics when I get home

Cheers,
Doug

Back