1/6th VS. Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This forum 5 years from now:

1/6 are dolls for kids

1/4 are for too small and don't look impressive

1/2 legendary scale all the way.
I bought another house just to display them!

:lol

Paint in the key. SS has awesome sculptors that are on par with HT and everyone else in the game. They just can't get their stuff painted worth a flip for some reason.

SS has awesome sculptors that are on par with HT and everyone else in the game. They just can't get their stuff painted worth a flip for some reason. Paint in the key.

Yeah, sculpting might be debatable, and the paint certainly seems to be the main factor, but tailoring and other details come into play as well.

Whatever the reason, Hot Toys puts out some pretty damn lifelike looking figures, which hasn't been the case with PF...

I guess it really just comes down to whether you prefer the scale or the idea that "statues" are somehow more classy than action figures is one thing... but come on, we're talking about Star Wars and superheroes here, not Rodin.

When are they going to make 1/36th scale figures so I can display my figures collecting figures in my 1/6th scale detolf.

Yeah it looks like they got a little overzealous with the crinkles, but between the size and the light up features, I'd go PF all day. Not to mention that 1/6th shows up on ebay about once a month or so.

The sculpt of the 1:4 HIC is simply awful. Lighting and size are not as important as the collectible to look ok. It looks like a piece of tin foil from a chocolate bar. Even I as an imperial collector can see that.

Anyway if someone wants size and accuracy, and if also wants to impress visitors (since this was discussed here a lot), he/she needs to go 1:1. Nothing, no scaled statue or figure will beat that. ;) Though the 1:1 HIC made by SS will be less accurate and way more expensive than some fan made carbonite replicas with original Volvo parts etc. :monkey3

The sculpt of the 1:4 HIC is simply awful. Lighting and size are not as important as the collectible to look ok. It looks like a piece of tin foil from a chocolate bar. Even I as an imperial collector can see that.

Anyway if someone wants size and accuracy, and if also wants to impress visitors (since this was discussed here a lot), he/she needs to go 1:1. Nothing, no scaled statue or figure will beat that. ;) Though the 1:1 HIC made by SS will be less accurate and way more expensive than some fan made carbonite replicas with original Volvo parts etc. :monkey3

The original had Volvo parts? I didn't know that, that is funny :lol.

The original had Volvo parts? I didn't know that, that is funny :lol.

Yeah, the lateral panels are in fact reversed Volvo dashboard indicators with added greeblies and lights. Check out RPF and you'll find a lot of interesting things regarding how some of the props were really made for SW. ;)

Paint in the key. SS has awesome sculptors that are on par with HT and everyone else in the game. They just can't get their stuff painted worth a flip for some reason.

talking about paint,
i dont know why my or all indiana jones PF KOTCS has yellowish eyes.. whats up with that??? ...

oh well at least it has great similarity head sculpt compared to HT DX indi ones.. :yess:

Dont you get tired of yourself Nam. you always report people and nothing ever happpens to them, they will be here tomorrow and the day after and the next month after that. You need to learn to leave things alone and just ignore people. Plus l am sure the mods are tired of you messaging them reporting members as trolls just because you think they are.

WHAT!!! PFs only look okay, where is the creativity:cuckoo:. PFs blow away 1/6 in appearance everytime. obviously you haven't seen to many PFs in person. Yeah some people like 1/6 or 1/4, l like both, but 1/4 for me just has more of a bang wow factor you don't get with 1/6. Trust me you take the same character in HT 1/6 and a Sideshow PF and put them side by side l guarantee you you will see which one has more of a wow factor, not to mention HT is creeping up and close to SS prices.

It all depend on what you choose. The SS godfather, Scarface and a few others are crap and you can get much better versions in 1/6. Overall SS PFs for the most part are very accurate in every way and are bigger and overal more of an epic collectable, not to mention most PFs do not go down in price, most appreciate every year (at least everyone that l have is worth much more then what l paid).

This is coming form someone who only collected 1/6 for years, then l got my first 1/4 PF just under two years ago and will never go back completely to 1/6. If l love a movie character l will get a PF instead of a 1/6 version any day.

HT cons that i don't like.
HT rubber breaks down.
HT figures can get loose over time (that's why l don't care for poseable figures).
Not very big, don't have that big wow factor.

SS PF cons.
Some have paint issues (Rare though, well maybe a tad more these days).
Some of their characters are off on facial features and some are bang on perfect, it varies.

These are the only cons l have for PFs. everyone who sees my PFs are like damn those things are sick and they spend some time looking at them. Family members would say my 1/6 collection was cool and that was it (or woman would say cute collection:slap:lol) but my PFs always got way more attention from viewers, whether they were friends or family or just visitors, they all seemed to walk right past my 1/6 predators, Jack Sparrows and military stuff and walk right up and look at my PFs, and their reactions are my feelings when it comes to comparing 1/6 to 1/4 SS statues.

:yess: u the man!

In fact the 1:6 HIC looks miles better than the 1:4 proto which is crumpled like a tin foil. Pics courtesy of Shadow from Rebelscum:

1/4 PF:

20110721004172.png

20110721004169.png

1/6:

200909078.png

1/4 PF:

han_carbonite_pf.jpg

1/6:

sixth_scale_han_carbonite.jpg

Screenshot:

122g0ls.jpg

:lecture:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

dont know why roque statue keep popping up.. LOL..
its like picking one bad apple to condemn one bucket of apples..
its like picking sao feng 1/ 6 to condemn christopher reeves 1/6, where is the logic in that?

the best way to compare statues/PF with hottoys is to pick the best of each and compare them side by side.. looking at them, then u will be able to make a decision...

Nope, but myself and a whole slew of others are tired of you. :huh :lol

objection, leading the witnesses..

He's jaundice, duh :duh

sideshow definitely need to improve their paint departments..
however comparing sideshow to HCG, oh man i dont even wanna talk about HCG paint qualities...

if only they have same paint qualities as hot toys.. wow then just wow.. :)

So i guess if you collect based on "other people", PF is the way to go? Sorry, my collection isn't a status symbol. That's silly. I collect what I want.

Someone should post pics of action figure dolls vs statues. See which is better and attention grabbing.

Looks as if Spicy Mustard has found a path thanks to the guidance of his fellow Freaks so I'll go ahead and lock this thread up. To me this debate is all about personal preference, so if you love what you buy you're golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back