1/6th tusken raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryo

Dealer of Death
Reaction score
1/6th tusken raider *** updated page 3

well i decided some time back to make a tusken raider. i finally wrapped it up or i think i have anyway.

i used the old hasbro one as a base and reworked/repainted a bunch of it to almost a whole new fig.

head = original hasbro head, dremmeled down and added thin strips of cloth material & painted with pastel chalk
muzzle piece = added thin leather strips on top of existing sculpt & weathered/repainted
boots = original hasbro boots, added thin strips of cloth material & painted with pastel chalk
body = replaced with a dragon "neo"
robe = original hasbro, tea treated
outer coat = made from scratch, weathered & tea treated
pouches= replaced with cloth versions & added waist pack......painted & weathered
gaffi stick & collar moisture collector = original hasbro & repainted

lastly..............water treated.

tusk1.jpg

tusk2.jpg

tusk3.jpg

tusk4.jpg

tusk5.jpg

let me know if you like it and any suggestions for improvement.

Last edited:
thanks guys and i do plan on dusting him up some more.
yea the porportion of the head is a lil' big. i was actually considering cutting the muzzle portion & eye vents to add to a blank head a rework the size from scratch. i have another sandperson so i probably will give that a shot soon.

Man, that is awesome.. great work. How many hours did you put into it?

thank you. hours?......hmm........a couple of hours a night over about 5-6 days.........10-15 hours maybe.......:confused:. whenever i do customs i kind of lose track of time anyway. maybe i should start jotting my work start & stop time down...:D

10-15 hours is not bad at all for an awesome figure.. Tusken Raiders are great figures. Lots of detailed on them..

i switched out the bendy hands and replaced with a pair of gloved hands i had in the parts box.........weathered a bit to try to match ref pics........
tusk6.jpg

i think they look better than the others. well this one is about done for now until i scratch build another head.

As I said before, it looks great, gloves look much better. Dam u now I want to get a tusken and do the same. The Mrs is gonna kill me and its all your fault.

Can I make one suggestion. If u can, re-make the respirator wire, I think it is a little thick at the mo. Dam u I want a Tusen :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Dorgmal

realANHtuskhead1.jpg

That is pretty sweet :)
thank you sir
Definitely prefer the upgraded gloves :rock
thanks for the push to change them. good call..:D
That is some nice work! Now get going on that 1:6 bantha. :lol
im working on it, my cocker spaniel is gonna take one for the team on making this bantha happen............:lol.......j/k
As I said before, it looks great, gloves look much better. Dam u now I want to get a tusken and do the same. The Mrs is gonna kill me and its all your fault.

Can I make one suggestion. If u can, re-make the respirator wire, I think it is a little thick at the mo. Dam u I want a Tusen :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Dorgmal
another good call, yea it is a lil thick, i guess im not done...:(
shouldnt be a hard change though. thanks again.

Back