1/6th Scale TESB Yoda & Dagobah Hut Environment!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow 1:6 TESB Yoda & Dagobah Hut Environment!

Price gouging!!!!!!!!!!

Traumatized_by_Donald_Sutherlands_Face.JPG

BTW, Yoda's ES is 5,000 Regular and 750 Exclusive :lol

thats a lot higher than its been in recent times, right? I wonder if they are trying to reconnect with some of the people that collected this line in the beginning?

Ah got ya. Well, getting Yoda is the main thing cause he kicks ass :rock

Almost 6,000 total Yodas...

I think they'll still sell out within the next 6 months like Vader.

I mean, after Vader, Yoda would seem to be the most popular little figure to get if you figure all those non-collectors who just want one little guy for their desk at work, etc.

or the manufacturing costs in yoda were so low that SSC doesn't mind carrying a 1000 or so until they sell (or dumping them to gohastings, etc).

I think the clothing costs are the most expensive thing for SSC to make, and Yoda is pretty simple and sparse.

Well the regular is already on backorder... so I'd guess it will sell out sooner than later.

Yoda really is a must have figure IMO, kind of like the Emperor a SW collection is just not complete w/o him.

I see the regular is on backorder. :lecture

And Yoda trumps the Emperor as far as "must haves" go. Glad to see the little guy getting his due.

Part of my savings is because I'm in CA and get hit with taxes to boot. So if Yoda is $85 + 8 tax + 10 ship = 103... I got mine on sale for 60 so that's $43 saved. BUT I also got a few other things so the shipping got amortized.

Ah, that makes perfect sense.

And Yoda trumps the Emperor as far as "must haves" go. Glad to see the little guy getting his due.

Ironically enough, while I easily passed on Yoda, I didn't want to miss out on the exclusive Emperor. :dunno

I see the regular is on backorder. :lecture

I'd say Yoda might be second only to Vader... The Droids, Chewie and Boba would be pretty cool too.... If we ever get them.

I'm not. I'm still waiting for my replacement because they don't have any left. :mad:

Ah well let's pretty lame. Did they give you any timetable at all? Hopefully they don't pull a "Thor PF" and offer only a refund plus giftcard for your trouble.

3-4 days. Then this yesterday:

Thank you very much for your patience. We just wanted to follow up and let you know that we are still working on your exchange for the damaged piece of your Yoda 1/6 Scale Figure. We apologize for this delay. Once we have received confirmation of when your replacement part will be available, we will contact you regarding the details of this exchange.

A full refund would be palatable if I got to keep the figure. I'd take a gift card too. A big one.

I think the clothing costs are the most expensive thing for SSC to make, and Yoda is pretty simple and sparse.

Hands down the most expensive part of Yoda was the body. Even, if they had straight up re-molded Gollum's body and used that, it STILL would've been the most expensive. They still would've had to make molds of Gollum's body, and that's a lot of steel molds for all those pieces.

The steel molds to make a figure are still the most expensive part of the production process. The reason Hot Toys figures are so expensive, and the reason why they always have such crisp paint apps is that they use steel molds to paint the heads. It's always accurate and always precise.

The plastic molded pieces are the most expensive part of any figure.

Ironically enough, while I easily passed on Yoda, I didn't want to miss out on the exclusive Emperor. :dunno

Had the exclusive Yoda been the "Force" face, there would be a lot more people belly-aching about missing out on the Ex.

Ex Head > anything.

Last edited:

I gotta ask - who are the two villains on either end?

On the left is a Doctor Who Cyberman made by Dapol in the late 80's. Not sure what that is on the other side though.

Back