1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha thanks, I've been having fun now that I have space to display my figures after years of collecting them and keeping them in their boxes... so expect more photos! Maybe I'll start a thread to keep them in one place

I grabbed the last two from BBTS couple weeks back. Figured in a year, the going price of one would be just shy of about what I got these two for. Can't believe how tall and how large of a footprint the Tauntaun takes up in person.

Yeah, you're an awesome guy

Hello

I'm going to start a project, and I need help and advice;

I want to use the Taun Taun head of the sideshow figure to make the one that apears in The return of The jedi, at Jabba´s palace.

The head i want to use, is the one that comes straight:

TAUN TAUN.jpg

TAUN TAUN 2.jpg

the question is; How to make a holder to hold it on a wall. In order to get this result:

TAUN TAUN PALACE.jpg

TAUN TAUN PALACE 2.jpg

TAUN TAUN PALACE 3.jpg

I hope your advice and thanks in advance

Is that exclusive to blu Ray? Or in the originals? I've seen these movies 100s of times and never noticed that! (Never watched the br versions though...don't want to)

Is that exclusive to blu Ray? Or in the originals? I've seen these movies 100s of times and never noticed that! (Never watched the br versions though...don't want to)

It was in the movies at time of release, but it's quite dark so is hard to see. The Jerba (the other creature "parked" outside the cantina in ANH) head is on the other side of Han Carbonite, and that was also always there - but is even harder to see than the Taun head.

Problem with the Jerba is it looks half way between a cow and a dog - with a wig on top. Hence not too much merchandising for Mr. Jerba.:lol

It was named after Djerba in Tunisia - a ANH filming location (Ben's house) that's unfortunately better known for terrorism these days.:(

I would dig a Wampa very much. SS did a great job with Tauntaun. The neck connection could have been improved, though. But it's a great display piece.
a12d9c381c2e6d8aadbf44ffa09508d0.jpg
84a8945d7831ecd39dbce6b6aa9ee671.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I would dig a Wampa very much. SS did a great job with Tauntaun. The neck connection could have been improved, though. But it's a great display piece.
84a8945d7831ecd39dbce6b6aa9ee671.jpg

Nice pic.:clap I like the Han hood futzed with the "wind blown effect" too.:lol

I passed on the Taun because I just didn't like the non-posable/statue aspect. It's a very nice sculpt, but that head always looks like he's blowing out birthday candles.

Nice pic.:clap I like the Han hood futzed with the "wind blown effect" too.[emoji38]

I passed on the Taun because I just didn't like the non-posable/statue aspect. It's a very nice sculpt, but that head always looks like he's blowing out birthday candles.
Dang near spit my drink out laughing.

Nice pic.:clap I like the Han hood futzed with the "wind blown effect" too.:lol

Damn...gotta bake a cake just for that photo. Tauntaun's birthday. lol

Does anyone know of a large base that resembles snow to elevate this. I have a statue area in one of the halls in my house and my girlfriend suggested I put the tauntaun there but asks that it be higher. Anyone have any thoughts?

The only thing I can think of is large pieces of white craft styrofoam found at hobby shops like Hobby Lobby. You'd probably have to buy multiple pieces and cut them out in the shape of the Tauntaun display base.

Does anyone know of a large base that resembles snow to elevate this. I have a statue area in one of the halls in my house and my girlfriend suggested I put the tauntaun there but asks that it be higher. Anyone have any thoughts?

Back