1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6th Scale Sideshow TaunTaun (in development)

Blue coat or FAIL. :lecture

That is actually a really important issue for me too.

I mean the actual prop coat was a very dark brown. But its on-screen appearance due to lighting effects and/or the camera filter was blue and the Kenner figure forever reinforced that perception.

A brown coat should be the exclusive and the blue one standard, by which I mean the exclusive would include both colours.

Let Hot Toys do it and offer us two full bodies and both coats so everyone's happy.

Blue coat and brown coat for posing and making people happy would be a very cool idea. :lecture

Kenner/Hasbro have used both brown and blue. Blue on the vintage and some of the newer releases, brown on everything from the 90's and early 2000's, including their 12" Collector's line.

BTW, Hasbro's 12" line Taun Taun is too big, and it looks even bigger when placed next to their Dewback. ;)

What if? ;) LOL just kidding :)

BogaROTS-SWE.png

Hasbro has done several 3 3/4" blue coat Hans in the last 2-3 years.

Yup, that's what I said.

And the Hasbro 12" Taun, with tweaks, could be made to be the right size. It's not hugely off.

I have the Hasbro Taun Taun and I love it, but there no amount of modifying you can do that is going to shrink the head down to the correct size. ;)

Mine actually fell off the shelf the other day and one of the leg joints broke. Even after repair I can't get the leg back on, so I'm going to have to modify the connection and permanently glue the legs in place. Do you have any links to mods others have done to theirs?

Not seeing the SSC tease pic one there?

You're right. I went back and looked at the teaser pic again and it's different. It looks more like the one on the stop motion puppet.

I wonder if their going to replicate the stop motion puppet or the full size prop? The head on the prop is larger.

I'd assume full size as that's the look more associated with them.

Is this going to be a vinyl figure with no articulation like the Dewback??? Would be nice if they gave it a ab crunch under a fur body suit... Atleast that would give us an option to own more than one with different display options. I will own one no matter what, but a pose variation would make me need 2.

i'm thinking the outline of the saddle & stirrup is more of a give away than the pouch.........:dunno

I'd actually welcome anything 1:6 Rebellion right now!
HT Luke needs some company :D

Taun-taun and snow outfit will definitely be a good use for the BD head.

I am hoping we will finally see some finished prototype pice at next month's Comic-Con. The saddle pics have been out for a while so I am assuming this has been in the works for some time and that they are holding off the reveal for the show.

I am also hoping to get back to my 1/4 tauntaun scult and 1:1 taunaun bust next month over my vacation.

QuarterScale18.jpg

More pics here: https://www.thedragonsden.ca/Sculptures/index.html

That looks fantastic psimon. :clap Are you going to sculpt the fur or apply some sort of hair?

Nice sculpt, psimon.

Sad it's been almost two years and no further news on this or the probot...

Back