1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that DX Luke and I can say that is a bad picture of his likeness (he is much better than that in hand). That being said I do not have Hoth Luke so I can’t say much. But I do agree based on that picture alone Hoth Luke likeness does come through more than Bespin. Still those eyes bug me. They are just not “real world” eyes…..unless your Jared Leto. :)

Jeez that Hoth jacket looks like it's an issue. Huge Hasbro metal fasteners are one thing, but when they are nearly impossible to hide because of the cut of the jacket, it's gonna be a problem. Seen this on multiple figures now.:(

Man, I wish they didn't use the new eye-system on this and Han. But they did, and I can live with it, they are pretty damn good likenesses IMHO. This is going to come down to QC on how the eyes are cut out. On these pictures, the left eye looks too open and does not match the right eye.

Great collection BTW!!!

P.S. I am going to re-sew the snaps--those look dreadful :mad:

Frost on a lit saber?

That hair is no good, needed some paint highlights or something, looks like a giant blob of plastic up there.

Yeah, I guess they were trying something new on the saber. I guess the generic smooth clear plastic works best, even though it reads as a lightsaber about as well as the Kenner vintage ones did.

Those pics Goldo38 may have just sold me on this actually. At first I thought the likeness was off but the more and more great pics I see the more and more I want this with the Taun Taun. Does anyone have pics of Luke riding the Taun Taun?

Man, I wish they didn't use the new eye-system on this and Han. But they did, and I can live with it, they are pretty damn good likenesses IMHO. This is going to come down to QC on how the eyes are cut out. On these pictures, the left eye looks too open and does not match the right eye.

Yeah it's ironic that the new system they came up with to save time and money is probably even more inconsistent and plagued with issues than their own way of doing things.

Personally I'd much rather take the risk of getting some badly painted eyes over some badly cut out ones.

Luke+Hoth.jpg

I am long time Star Wars fan but I started collecting 1/6 figures less than a year ago so I am still a newbie figure collector. But to me, all the pictures I have ever seen of HT Luke always looked like an Episode 4 Hamill likeness. You can always easily see an Ep4 Hamill (pre car crash or whatever accident he was involved in) vs Ep5/6 (simply look at his nose). I can't understand why HT chose the episode 4 Hamill for that figure.

I can't believe I am the only one to notice this? This picture makes it very obvious to me that HT is an ep4 sculpt while SS is ep5.

I don't think Team America should be getting all the credit for the eyes. It should be the original TV series on which TA was based...

Thunderbirds_1280.jpg

Then again, maybe the eyes were modelled on the old Star Wars newspaper strip...

bJaDGLO.jpg

The Exclusive has just come back up for pre order. use code LUCKYMARCH to get $20 discount. Works on other stuff too.

Crap that Luke looks good on a Tauntaun. I wasn't going to get a Tauntaun..no room. I guess now I might have to rethink it :slap

Back