1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the sculpting job on the hair is fine, but it definitely does need to be painted lighter or in different gradations of brown to better duplicate Hamill's hair in that movie (or just to look more like actual hair and not a plastic helmet).

GREAT work on Luke, v3t!

From the waist up (minus the pulling vest) he looks terrific.
:duff, yeah that was annoying me too lol but to i couldn't be bothered sorting it tonight, i will no doubt futzed the vest through the week/weekend

Awesome photos once again. Can't wait to get this figure. Not feeling the hair on ths guy either, but it's not a look that was in the movie anyhow and the main sculpt came out great so not too concerned with that head.

yeah exact same here mate, won't ever display it.
Frosted glitter lightsaber?!?!? WTF?!?! :slap

Yeah its **** to put it blunt lol

Are the gauntlets glued to the sleeves or are they placed over them?

They are just placed over the sleeve

I saw this on Ebay this morning. Doesn't look too bad?

_57_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yeah, the shape of the head actually looks better there than in previous pics. Still think that's going to be a nice head to try on Luke Snowspeeder and a couple of others. The hair looks to be modeled on the Medical frigate or medical center scenes.

Interesting that the paint seems more the letdown than the sculpt on this head. The hair is too flat/mono and the face paint just doesn't have much life or finer detail to it. Still think a it's a nice Luke, even if clearly not at the same level of finish as the HT Lukes. Still think the sculpt on this says Luke more than the non-BD HT Luke though. Look forward to evaluating in-hand.

This particular head does have a slightly wonky eye.

Ok had some time with it, futzed a little and posed it. Overall impressions are he's a great figure, not as good as han i much prefer Han. The unhatted sculpted is very meh, i just don't like the hair sculpt, Granted i will never use it as luke will be going on the tauntaun when that gets here. I also do not like the saber the frosted effect is pants hot toys saber all the way, looks like luke borrowed leia's glitter saber lol. The badge is sewn in place or maybe glued im not 100% sure, so be aware of that if attempting to mod it to fit the pocket.

I haven't put him with han yet, i had to drag myself to unbox him again due to work and being tired so they may come later or probs tommorow now. I am definitely happy with the purchase don't let my grouchiness fool you lol i can't wait to get him on the tauntaun.

Any whoo here are some pics, poses aren't the best

11046187_955131314498483_1006605082318761448_o.jpg

That one looks great.:clap Keep 'em coming!

Bummed re: rank badge though. That "pocket" it sits in is in no way similar to the prototype. I wish it was less noticeable. To me it's a pretty obvious error right up front and sounds like it will be very difficult to fix.

Decided to get them together, Han looks smaller due to him being further back because of the bloody antenna. i haven't done a upright comparison as we can presume they are on the same body.

10863890_955152357829712_1010580044942861322_o.jpg

They look fantastic together. You can really see Hamill in that shot. Strange how different the gauntlets came out on these two, in terms of how they meet the hands.

Decided to get them together, Han looks smaller due to him being further back because of the bloody antenna. i haven't done a upright comparison as we can presume they are on the same body.

10863890_955152357829712_1010580044942861322_o.jpg

If they're on the same body they made a mistake; Luke should be on a short Prometheus. Has anyone measured Luke to see if he's 12" or compared him to a HT Bespin Luke? I'm curious if he's too tall or Han is too short.

Some amazing pics stealth. Glad I'm getting Luke.
:duff many thanks man

They look fantastic together. You can really see Hamill in that shot. Strange how different the gauntlets came out on these two, in terms of how they meet the hands.

Jacket thickness, lukes sleeves aren't as thick as han's parka consequently pushing them down

If they're on the same body they made a mistake; Luke should be on a short Prometheus. Has anyone measured Luke to see if he's 12" or compared him to a HT Bespin Luke? I'm curious if he's too tall or Han is too short.

:dunno can't say im arsed really, luke will be on the tauntaun for me. Stick him on a TTM22 and problem solved is it not?

That's the issue; do I stick Luke on a short body or Han on a TrueType? That's the question.

I don't think there's any question. These are both on Prometheus bodies that come out to approximately 12" with a head. It is an absolute certainty, no measuring required, that if you want Luke to be in scale, he'll need to be shortened.

Hot Toys' Bespin Luke is also too tall, so that shouldn't be a benchmark for anything.

I don't think there's any question. These are both on Prometheus bodies that come out to approximately 12" with a head. It is an absolute certainty, no measuring required, that if you want Luke to be in scale, he'll need to be shortened.

Hot Toys' Bespin Luke is also too tall, so that shouldn't be a benchmark for anything.

Thanks for the answer buddy. I'm planning a few Bespin customs and want to be prepared when/if these eventually ship. ;)

I'm surprised with all the criticism toward these Hoth figures this hasn't really been mentioned. It's a pretty big screw up in my opinion.

I have a body here that I was already planning to use for something else that's somewhat similar in build to HT's slim, but I haven't measured its height yet - wonder if I'll do a swap and possibly adjust the height, or if I'll just stick Luke the Tauntan and forget about it. Hmmm.. :)

I'm not planning on shortening my Bespin Luke, but I'm knocking Vader down a bit (still haven't done the legs).

Luke is clearly too tall. This is the 2nd or 3rd pic.

Has Sideshow ever addressed this in the past? Seems its always been a problem. Remember the Han + Luke Stormtrooper debacle where they cheated their photography to make Luke 'look' shorter? That was messed up.

Luke is clearly too tall. This is the 2nd or 3rd pic.

Has Sideshow ever addressed this in the past? Seems its always been a problem. Remember the Han + Luke Stormtrooper debacle where they cheated their photography to make Luke 'look' shorter? That was messed up.

With the exception of the Stormie two-pack it's never been an issue. All the SS Luke releases were on a short Buck or Prometheus. It's ironic (and unfortunate) they would pay so much attention to a (supposedly improved) eye system and paint scheme and forget that he's considerably shorter than Han.

Now, what short body to use for Luke?

Back