1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do the boots etc come off easily then? I assume there's leg or foot pegs inside or something? I didnt want to start pulling those off and not being able to put them back on!

Yeah it's super easy. Just be careful with the belt and snaps but nothing difficult to overcome. Totally worth it IMO. You can also consider ditching the Bespin coat and shirt for a possibly better fit.

Yeah it's super easy. Just be careful with the belt and snaps but nothing difficult to overcome. Totally worth it IMO. You can also consider ditching the Bespin coat and shirt for a possibly better fit.

Cheers. May well give it a go this weekend! I assume putting Luke in the smaller Han body doesnt affect his poseability on the Tauntaun?

Oh, one thing I was going to ask. How easy is it to tuck the pants back into the boots? Do you need tweezers or something to push the pants back into the boots? Or do the boots slide back on without pushing the pants up too much?

I just kind of folded/wrapped the pants so they're tight around the leg and then put the boot on and then futzed. Whole boot is on a peg so it's really easy to take off and on. Luke is still perfectly posable on the taun taun.

I just kind of folded/wrapped the pants so they're tight around the leg and then put the boot on and then futzed. Whole boot is on a peg so it's really easy to take off and on. Luke is still perfectly posable on the taun taun.

It's a peg that goes into the boot. Dunk them in a mug of hot water to soften up the joint, and they should come off easily.

Thanks guys! Sounds pretty simply overall, so will definitely give it a try. I've removed the belts etc so no issue there. I was mainly worried about the boots and the jackets etc, but that all sounds pretty simple. I heard the underlying bodies are slightly different in the torso area. Will be interesting to see them both. Thanks again for the tips!

Yeah, I think I swapped Luke and Han bodies in about 5 mins total. Boots are really easy to pop on and off. And yeah, definitely no shirt or Bespin coat - makes the snow coat hang way more naturally.

When redressing Han I found it best to leave his shirt and short jacket off. He doesn't need the bulk, and it makes it easier to put the coat sleeves into the gauntlets.

^^Agreed.

Yeah, I think I swapped Luke and Han bodies in about 5 mins total. Boots are really easy to pop on and off. And yeah, definitely no shirt or Bespin coat - makes the snow coat hang way more naturally.

Right, so no need for the white shirt and Bespin blue jacket. I could use those for a custom I suppose!

Hoth Luke and Han ready for body swap. As easy as everyone has said it would be! And the detail and quality of the outfits really becomes apparent when you get a closer look like this!

Although, the base bodies look pretty much the same size so I'm not sure it's going to make that much of a diff? Will swap over bodies now, but not sure that Luke's vest will fit any better on Han's body........

Swap completed. Overall, pretty happy with it. The vest fits a little better on Luke although it still tends to start splaying apart slightly. A bit of velcro would've been nice there to just keep it together.

With Han, I still kept the white shirt and bespin jacket on too. But I used the old DX11 Joker trick where the tip was to put all the three layers together first, and then put the body in. Much easier that way, and it doesnt make the snow jacket look to bulky in the end.

I'm just glad at least now Han looks taller than Luke lol

Hoth Luke and Han ready for body swap. As easy as everyone has said it would be! And the detail and quality of the outfits really becomes apparent when you get a closer look like this!

Although, the base bodies look pretty much the same size so I'm not sure it's going to make that much of a diff? Will swap over bodies now, but not sure that Luke's vest will fit any better on Han's body........

The abdomens/stomachs are different, one longer - the two bodies are probably under 1/2" different in height overall though.

Did you take a "before" pic for the swap or just the "after" pic above?

But what I dont get it is that when I had the two naked bodies side by side, the heights were essentially identical from the ankles to the shoulders! I couldnt work out why the height ended up being different lol.

Did you post more pics earlier in this thread? I just saw him hanging behind your two new Hans. Looks good. Still thinking HT will re-issue a Bespin Luke or do a 2.0, but it might be a fun project to put one of these together.

735277B0-3B40-4E99-B352-D6760B244FDA_zpsdzauaofr.jpg

I had all the parts except the HT boots in my parts bin. SS got the location of the front belt pouches wrong on the original Bespin Luke so I moved the long pouch to the side of the buckle and found the holster slid forward as it should. All I added was the Hoth Han body and Hoth Luke head and Voila! I had literally been planning these "bonus" figures since the Hoth announcement. The Bespin Han jacket and shirt were pure gravy!

^^That looks really good. Clothes fit really well on the body, and the HT boots make a huge difference in selling it. I think I scored a HT Bespin Luke in the end last night at retail. We'll see, ships from overseas on Monday so hopefully it's not a box of gravel.

Can anyone recommend hands that match the skin tone of this Luke head sculpt? Looking for something a bit darker than normal. Maybe Bruce Banner hands? Though don't think he has a trigger hand.

Back