1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my replacement Fett... already found another issue within seconds of opening him up. Missing paint apps on the jetpack. :slap

This is exactly what I was afraid of when returning the full figure. Should just had them replace the vest. Sideshow and AE were very fast in getting me this, I must say. No complaints there.

I'll have to fully inspect tomorrow in daylight. Hope there's no other problems. But at this point, this figure and experience is just aggravating me.

Sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having, WG. If it's any consolation to you, I decided weeks ago not to bother picking up this whole figure & to just piece together my own using parts from my ESB Medicom figure, a Hot Toys Slim TT & whatever else I've been able to get from Toy Anxiety, eBay & Monkey Depot. I screwed up a couple things along the way & am still waiting for the last few things to arrive, so this release has taken more of my time, attention & expense than it would have had I just bought this entire figure outright!

Oh, well. Live & learn, I guess. As soon as I'm done, I'll be sure to post photos of the end result.

Sorry to hear about all the problems you've been having, WG. If it's any consolation to you, I decided weeks ago not to bother picking up this whole figure & to just piece together my own using parts from my ESB Medicom figure, a Hot Toys Slim TT & whatever else I've been able to get from Toy Anxiety, eBay & Monkey Depot. I screwed up a couple things along the way & am still waiting for the last few things to arrive, so this release has taken more of my time, attention & expense than it would have had I just bought this entire figure outright!

Oh, well. Live & learn, I guess. As soon as I'm done, I'll be sure to post photos of the end result.

Same. I'm using the Hasbro VOTC as a base with about $45 worth of SSC parts, but building my own helmet out of the Hasbro shape. I just couldn't afford this SSC ESB one and the upcoming ROTJ version.

But I really wish this fig had been perfect instead of the explosion of vest fixes and issues that both threads are full of. It's so great when they just nail it. All those thousands of wasted hours futzing and cutting, scalpels into $180 figures within hours of arrival. It's a really solid figure, but this shouldn't happen.

Futzing aside, vest and all, what bothers me most is that they didn't get the colors right. He's so green! Got it in hand now, great paint apps, truly great, good detail. But dat green. Just not ESB. :(

Futzing aside, vest and all, what bothers me most is that they didn't get the colors right. He's so green! Got it in hand now, great paint apps, truly great, good detail. But dat green. Just not ESB. :(

I couldn't agree more. Despite so many things Sideshow got right, the chunky vest, the funky proportioned body & the shade of green they went with just undermines what should have been a figure that would otherwise justify the new $175 price point.

Got my replacement Fett... already found another issue within seconds of opening him up. Missing paint apps on the jetpack. :slap

This is exactly what I was afraid of when returning the full figure. Should just had them replace the vest. Sideshow and AE were very fast in getting me this, I must say. No complaints there.

I'll have to fully inspect tomorrow in daylight. Hope there's no other problems. But at this point, this figure and experience is just aggravating me.

Sorry to hear that, Wor. Can you take a picture of the jetpack? I'm curious to see what they did. They can probably just send you a new one of those though.

Whats up fellow Fett fans? This is my very first post but I've been a long time reader of these forums in the past. I wanted to throw in my two cents worth on this intergalactic bounty hunter from the Star Wars Universe. So here is my review.

Now as most of you know Boba Fett has been done in 1/6 scale before by Hasbro, Marmit, and Medicom. I have all of these figures and to date I think Sideshow has given us the best one so far. Is it perfect... NO. The green they chose is not the greatest for the armor. The body doesn't hang as nice as Medicom or Hot Toys bodies. Heck even the jump suit is a little too small for him. Putting his legs in action poses seems to show more grey plastic leg than I would like. But lets not forget Medicom and Marmit had there problems too. Medicom bodies are pretty small and fragile. The jet back was attached way to high. As were his yellow shoulder armors. Marmit's head was too small and lets face it the entire chest was plastic and just didn't cut it. Plus both companies got the colors wrong as well for the green armor and they forgot his blaster rifle arm sling. Where SSC really stands out for me is the attention to the fine details in paint and materials used. No molded belts here and the fact they used a separate clear plastic for the visor was a huge hit for me. The dirty jumpsuit and they even painted the shoulder armors different color yellows. Every marking, symbol, scratch, and dent is just like the movie. The fact that he comes with a cool light up base and a ton of hands really go far for me on this figure too. Until Hot Toys comes out with what will probably be the ultimate Boba Fett. This one will be sitting proudly on my shelf.

2i6f2hw.jpg

348jerd.jpg

2mhtz7t.jpg

Worgar, if they won't just switch out the pack for you and you don't want to do another figure swap, I'll send you one with perfect paint apps if you want to send me yours. I'm repainting one of my Fetts, so I could care less what apps are on the pack.

Worgar, if they won't just switch out the pack for you and you don't want to do another figure swap, I'll send you one with perfect paint apps if you want to send me yours. I'm repainting one of my Fetts, so I could care less what apps are on the pack.

Well that's a VERY KIND offer, thank you. I'll see on Monday what they say about the 2nd return. In the mean time, I gotta investigate this figure and see what else might be wrong, if anything.

God, I just want to enjoy Fett already.

Well.... so I futzed him up.... and...

he's fantastic! :clap

Fett1-1.jpg
Fett2.jpg
Fett8.jpg

Fett3.jpg
Fett4.jpg
Fett9.jpg

Fett5.jpg

Fett6.jpg

Maybe not my pics, but he is fantastic.

Did the full vest fix: cut plastic backing for flexibility, stitched the sides tighter, and added a bit of padding in the chest.

I also added a bit of padding to the belly, because I didn't like the gap between belts and vest that was also concave.

I also pulled out the hand pegs about a third of the way out of the wrist to extend the forearm a bit.

Beyond the repairs, I found that my new Fett -- with exception of the missing markings on the jetpack -- is superior to my last. Better detailing, not as much slop as before, better Wookie braids, pant-leg velcro strap matches the suit -- overall much better.

So if I can get a replacement jetpack, then I'm very, very happy.

Last edited:
Well.... so I futzed him up.... and...

he's fantastic!

Gotta quit visiting this thread. It's like a roller coaster. For someone who's trying to determine if he wants to buy or not, the lot of you are making it very difficult.

One person say's he's not impressed and I'm like "Okay, cool, I'll wait". . . then the next person says "Fantastic" and now I'm like "Must have now!"

Make up your mind people. . . maybe I should start a poll. We need more poll threads.

:p

That does look pretty good. Didn't realize.

I actually could get him in that same pose with the gun, I have the fist hand. Just a little more futzing to pull the cod piece down a bit.

Whats up fellow Fett fans? This is my very first post but I've been a long time reader of these forums in the past. I wanted to throw in my two cents worth on this intergalactic bounty hunter from the Star Wars Universe. So here is my review.

Now as most of you know Boba Fett has been done in 1/6 scale before by Hasbro, Marmit, and Medicom. I have all of these figures and to date I think Sideshow has given us the best one so far. Is it perfect... NO. The green they chose is not the greatest for the armor. The body doesn't hang as nice as Medicom or Hot Toys bodies. Heck even the jump suit is a little too small for him. Putting his legs in action poses seems to show more grey plastic leg than I would like. But lets not forget Medicom and Marmit had there problems too. Medicom bodies are pretty small and fragile. The jet back was attached way to high. As were his yellow shoulder armors. Marmit's head was too small and lets face it the entire chest was plastic and just didn't cut it. Plus both companies got the colors wrong as well for the green armor and they forgot his blaster rifle arm sling. Where SSC really stands out for me is the attention to the fine details in paint and materials used. No molded belts here and the fact they used a separate clear plastic for the visor was a huge hit for me. The dirty jumpsuit and they even painted the shoulder armors different color yellows. Every marking, symbol, scratch, and dent is just like the movie. The fact that he comes with a cool light up base and a ton of hands really go far for me on this figure too. Until Hot Toys comes out with what will probably be the ultimate Boba Fett. This one will be sitting proudly on my shelf. I will show some pics but I have to post 5 times first. 4 to go.

That does look pretty good. Didn't realize.

I actually could get him in that same pose with the gun, I have the fist hand. Just a little more futzing to pull the cod piece down a bit.

That would be cool to see. And yeah, lengthening the torso with the codpiece/belts would be good, he's looking a bit pole-drivered.

I do wish they'd nailed the helmet shape and look of the chest, but the overall package is a really nicely finished figure.:clap

Back