1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so what are all the problems people have been having with this figure and how do they get fixed? I think the helmet looks fine in relation to its distance with the torso, I don't really get what's wrong with the chest armor, and everything else looks fine to me. But this would only be my second Sideshow figure, so maybe I'm just inexperienced.

Repainting purposes. I believe I can repaint it,make it better, but don't want to risk anything. Here's my Medi Fett:

i6e913.jpg

Kinda went all out on this one, nearly every scratch is screen accurate.. I have too much spare time on my hands :lol

What's also cool about it is that I spray painted it silver first, and then applied the paint on top of that, leaving silver scratches, looks better in person since the scratches aren't painted on, but actually look like it's been scratches off.

I must say sir, you are very talented. :D I'm honestly quite indecisive on which version of Boba I wish to get. Either the Sideshow or Medicom. Can't pick since both are pretty damn swell!

Okay, so what are all the problems people have been having with this figure and how do they get fixed? I think the helmet looks fine in relation to its distance with the torso, I don't really get what's wrong with the chest armor, and everything else looks fine to me. But this would only be my second Sideshow figure, so maybe I'm just inexperienced.

I feel the same way. Maybe that's just us, but I just don't see what's not right about it.

Has anyone checked the colours against the pantones from the original suit? They are shown in the Making of ESB book.

well for myself i'm not a stickler for down to the last details picky.............and i own the ssc fett, medi fett, and marmit fett..............but if some unknown power forced me to get rid of two............sideshow's would remain easily. just a great figure and as good of pictures as we have seen they still don't do it justice. having to do minor tweaks aside.............he my favorite figure.

Here's what I mean:

bc820ca9.jpg

I'd be interested to see how accurate the SS colours are to this.

I have to say, all the shots I've seen of the figure on a TT have had far more natural poses.

I had no intention of buying this figure. And scrolling through this thread looking at “in hand” pictures did not sell me on it as well. That was until I saw the actual figure displayed at a collectable store. I don’t think pictures do this figure justice. It caught me eye and I was like DAAAAMMNNN this looks good.

The only thing that disappoints me was that I had to pay $160 for it. This $160 was reserved for a future (unknown) Hot Toys purchase. I wasn’t planning on buying a SS Star Wars item. Boba Fett looks great in the display case. And does seem to fit amongst my Hot Toys. But It did not give me the WOW that I felt opening 89 Joker, Jack Sparrow etc. You can see where I am going....it is not Hot Toys!!!

Some of the mods we seen can be made. I have to chim in and say that the helmet should have been wider.

But I still love my Fett pending modifications: TT body arrival. :wink1:

Correct...they are Matty 12 inch figures. The only "custom" I did was that base and changing Ray's Slimeblower suit to Tan (originally came in grey).

Sorry for posting GB on this thread...:monkey3

I had never seen those before, I really like the outfits.

Some of the mods we seen can be made. I have to chim in and say that the helmet should have been wider.

But I still love my Fett pending modifications: TT body arrival. :wink1:

If you want total "screen accurate" this figure isn't it on several fronts, but if you want something that is the best rendition of the character ever done in 1/6, this is it. The rifle alone is worth the price of admission.

Has anyone checked the colours against the pantones from the original suit? They are shown in the Making of ESB book.

Waste of time. Han's Hoth jacket was brown on that Pantone costume chart. How it looked on the set and how it looked on film are two different things.

If you want total "screen accurate" this figure isn't it on several fronts, but if you want something that is the best rendition of the character ever done in 1/6, this is it. The rifle alone is worth the price of admission.

Waste of time. Han's Hoth jacket was brown on that Pantone costume chart. How it looked on the set and how it looked on film are two different things.

:goodpost: :clap:clap

Absolutely love this figure. No matter what the small details do or don't capture, it exudes Fett for me. Nice one, Sideshow. :)

i was bored today & decided to shoot the fetts.

ssc.........medicom........marmit
3bfs1.jpg

Thank you very much for posting the side-by-side pictures barryo.

This proves in my mind anyways that the SS Fett is the superior of the three.

Medicom's visor sure does look best of the bunch though, and overall helmet design. SS wins with the earpieces though.

Oh jeez, the old Hoth Han coat color debate again!

Not to add fuel to the fire on this topic but for the time I could see why people would make that mistake. Back in the day if you were old enough and fortunate enough to see ESB when it was first in the theaters, we didn't have the opportunity to see the film over and over especially in HD quality. I was lucky as a child to get to see the movie once if not twice. There were no pay per views or VHS to see the movie over and over at home. So basically when you saw the movie and then played with the figures your mind plays tricks with you and kids remember things a certain way. I too thought the coat was blue and yes mainly because of the figure being that way. It wasn't until years later after seeing repeat viewings and with a better TV and picture that I noticed certain details and colors. As a child it wasn't a big deal to remember details like that.

Back