1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn, I'm tempted to get this eventhough I don't have any 1/6th SW figures. I just want to collect those bad @$$ MOFOs in the SW Universe. Here are my list IMHO:

1. Boba Fett
2. Darth Vader
3. Gen. Grievious
4. Anakin Skywalker (Sith version)
5. Darth Maul
6. Darth Sidious

What do you think? :cuckoo: Anymore suggestions? :wave

Well, once you start down this dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will!

And I ain't kidding. Same thing happened to me.

That is how it was attached on the real suit in the movie..you guys are just looking for stuff to complain about of which you know nothing about. The jetback is attached to those hooks and that material goes through his back armor to a harness that is secured on him. If the final product is done this way consider me impressed...its the way it should be.

I love "those hooks and that material goes through his back armor to a harness that is secured on him" , but what I dont want is how the hook is open instead of closed. It makes the jet pack not secure at the hooks, not at the harness assembly.

You're the one who's talking about things you know nothing about :cuckoo:
:lol
:wave:peace:wave

I love "those hooks and that material goes through his back armor to a harness that is secured on him" , but what I dont want is how the hook is open instead of closed. It makes the jet pack not secure at the hooks, not at the harness assembly.

Yeah I read his post and thought that it didn't explain anything about the jetpack staying on him when activated. If the hooks are open and the only thing keeping it on his back, then when it is turned on it would fly right off his back.

My guess is that it was that way in the movie because they wanted to be able to make it easy to take it on and off easily between shots. They didn't care or know that uber nerds would pick this fact apart 30 years later. They were making a MOVIE. With fictional characters in fictional situations.

I was looking over the specs and noticed this:

-Articulated Prometheus 1.1 body with over 30 points of articulation

We were expecting the armor body, but okay. I can see that they needed a fuller body to fill in his physique better. And the 1.1 is definitely better proportioned than the regular pro, which I have come to dislike because it looks a bit short and stumpy. This is the body that comes with Clone Wars Anakin. Taller than the regular pro, but with the narrower shoulders (not the broader shoulders of the GI Joes which are mostly on the Pro 1.2).

And like some people have pointed out, he comes with "newly developed and sculpted forearms and chest"--which seems kinda strange considering that's all covered up anyway. Why the need to sculpt new arms and chest? And I think making a new chest is kind of a big deal, isn't it? If they were going to go to the trouble of sculpting a new set of forearms and chest, why not use the armor body as the base and modify the arms and chest on that one instead?

I don't know about how it was connected in the movie, but to know for practical use, we have to go to those who do this sort of thing.

I give you, the Martin Aircraft Jetpack:

https://martinjetpack.com/video-gallery.aspx

Nice, now that I'm a little more educated on the license do you guys think ht is gonna go back and do all the figures ss has already done? If so I might wait for those after seeing the price on boba, not sure if I'll skip grievous though looks too damn awesome

The only thing that looks off in the picture is his barrel on his rifle..it should be chrome..not black.

Lighting issue. It is chrome.

Weapons3.jpg

Nice, now that I'm a little more educated on the license do you guys think ht is gonna go back and do all the figures ss has already done? If so I might wait for those after seeing the price on boba, not sure if I'll skip grievous though looks too damn awesome

prob just the big name ones....

I'm sure this has been answered many times but HT will be releasing their own version of Boba Fett correct? I'm on the fence on this figure and wouldn't spend the money if I know there is a HT in the future.

I'm sure this has been answered many times but HT will be releasing their own version of Boba Fett correct? I'm on the fence on this figure and wouldn't spend the money if I know there is a HT in the future.

Then get this version. Hot Toys can only make whatever Sideshow allows them to as they still own the 1/6 Star Wars license. So expect Hot Toys to get permission to only make figures Sideshow made a long time ago... And all of these nonhuman/armored figures from Sideshow are very high quality. Even the clone headsculpte, while not looking anywhere near as lifelike as Hot Toys due to paint apps, are still good. But their armor is top notch!

At this time, it is my understanding that we don't know anything about future HT releases. Anything would be speculation, though it seems that can has been opened. The question is what will be inside, given the nature of the license/license holders.

If you like the figure, buy it. If you don't, pass. Murphy's law will dictate that if you pass, HT will never make a Boba Fett. If you buy, they will release photos the day after you open it. But, then you can have 2 Fetts, which I would point out, isn't such a bad thing.

Back