1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's true...Flosi sent me the pics for approval...this one was voted the best of the year. :rotfl

boba+fett+-+drawing+of+the+year+1981.jpg

Did he get any pictures of the chicken he sacrificed and smeared the blood of all over the top of the drawing?

I'm a little bit in 2 minds about getting this figure or the deluxe sandtrooper. I know its boba fett and sandtroopers are ordinary in comparison, but i've yet to get one and the deluxe's amount of weapons and gear are making it tempting :gah:

Wait on the trooper, Mort. This is the FOURTH version they've released of the ST but the first of Boba. Not many recent SS figures increase in value but I'd say Boba could follow Darth Vader and Snake Eyes and become really sought after.

Wait on the trooper, Mort. This is the FOURTH version they've released of the ST but the first of Boba. Not many recent SS figures increase in value but I'd say Boba could follow Darth Vader and Snake Eyes and become really sought after.

:lecture Sound advise from Flosi.

And there are plenty of Sandtroopers floating around in the aftermarket. You'll have no problems tracking the deluxe (or any of the other ones) down later on.

That is good advice, i totally forgot to consider that people are going to be scooping up boba alot faster and selling for tons later on; now i have to decide if i'm gonna brave the customs and shipping by direct ordering from SSC to guarantee a boba or depend on retailers for supply in the UK, hmm..

Well, the EX item is a stand... Not the cool light up stand but a basic stand with some kind of unique Boba Fett emblem. It's really up to you but I'm going to save a couple bucks and go with the non-EX through another retailer.

That is good advice, i totally forgot to consider that people are going to be scooping up boba alot faster and selling for tons later on; now i have to decide if i'm gonna brave the customs and shipping by direct ordering from SSC to guarantee a boba or depend on retailers for supply in the UK hmm

wait for the
retailers.i will wait,too, here in germany

yeh, I'm not fussed about the exclusive stand, just the issue of availability from retailers here - I've never actually followed a figure from release in the US to import to Europe to see when/how they hit retailers over here so I'm worried they may not receive enough product for the demand on a popular character lol. I'm just being paranoid, not as if ill delay ordering once it appears over here.

Gonna wait on the regular release to hit local retail too. Besides, not expecting Regular boba to sell out quickly. Exclusive maybe but regular, not likely.

for about a month ago, i calculae the cost through SSC with Item+Shipping+Customs+fedex+international bank charges and compare that with UK retailers.

if it works out a good bit cheaper I'll get it here, if its a small amount i stick with SSC for Reward points and a faster delivery time.

For example i ordered the Hot toys Superman through OneSixthBruce and will save around $27

I never liked that they gave Boba a face let alone a back story. I thought his mystery was what made him so cool. I don't have a problem with him being the son of Jango Fett but even Jango really should have been just as mysterious.

Personally I don't think Jango or Boba should have been associated with clones in anyway because it takes away so much from their characters while adding nothing to the overall story. The clones could have been some other random character that was just as eligible physically to be cloned into an army.

The fact that Boba is only a clone and there are a million and a half other slightly altered versions of him in the galaxy means there is nothing really special about him. To me Boba Fett really being Captain Rex gone rouge would be more intriguing story than a goofy looking kid who lost his daddy. IMO.

But Boba isn't this great character people make him out to be. Al he ever did in the OT was follow the heroes to Bespin, Vader did all the rest. And when he did get a chance to show himself in a fight on the barge, he gets hit by a blind man and falls into a big earthworm. The end.

Kid Boba came off way more of a badaas than grown up Boba. He'd slit your throat with a switchblade.

But this is all moot cause I doubt Boba comes with a unmasked head.

I never liked that they gave Boba a face let alone a back story. I thought his mystery was what made him so cool. I don't have a problem with him being the son of Jango Fett but even Jango really should have been just as mysterious.

Personally I don't think Jango or Boba should have been associated with clones in anyway because it takes away so much from their characters while adding nothing to the overall story. The clones could have been some other random character that was just as eligible physically to be cloned into an army.

The fact that Boba is only a clone and there are a million and a half other slightly altered versions of him in the galaxy means there is nothing really special about him. To me Boba Fett really being Captain Rex gone rouge would be more intriguing story than a goofy looking kid who lost his daddy. IMO.

But the point is that Boba is a "clean" clone, no conditioning or anything, so he is special and different from all the others.

But Boba isn't this great character people make him out to be. Al he ever did in the OT was follow the heroes to Bespin, Vader did all the rest. And when he did get a chance to show himself in a fight on the barge, he gets hit by a blind man and falls into a big earthworm. The end.

Kid Boba came off way more of a badaas than grown up Boba. He'd slit your throat with a switchblade.

But this is all moot cause I doubt Boba comes with a unmasked head.

You can blame George for that , George almost always handled his bad guys horribly . For what its worth I don't want a reveal portrait either .

:lol sounds pretty sad when you think about it.

Though if you believe in the EU at all Boba eventually does jet pack his way out of the Sarlacc and returns to being a bad-ass for a while... i don't think he has officially died yet.

Back