1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I caved in and ordered this figure. I upgraded my Vader having bought the new sideshow version and love it, highly recommend. And after having my faith restored in Sideshow I wanted to give this figure a try. The great comparison pics definately helped as well. Selling off my ver 1 and sold my deluxe Vader...no need to keep the old versions.

I'll post some pictures for you guys when I get him in (I'm surprised there aren't more pictures actually).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I caved in and ordered this figure. I upgraded my Vader having bought the new sideshow version and love it, highly recommend. And after having my faith restored in Sideshow I wanted to give this figure a try. The great comparison pics definately helped as well. Selling off my ver 1 and sold my deluxe Vader...no need to keep the old versions.

I'll post some pictures for you guys when I get him in (I'm surprised there aren't more pictures actually).

I'm in the same boat :( Selling off V1, and also looking to eventually sell off my Deluxe Vader. I'm just not sure if I should bite on the ANH HT Vader, while he does look amazing, I just prefer the ESB/ROTJ Vader. Did you mean you got the new SSC Vader? Or the HT Vader? And did you mix any parts in from your Deluxe, or keeping it stock? *Rubs head* too many options lol. That Vader tips thread is too daunting.. I don't even want to open it anymore lol

I'm in the same boat :( Selling off V1, and also looking to eventually sell off my Deluxe Vader. I'm just not sure if I should bite on the ANH HT Vader, while he does look amazing, I just prefer the ESB/ROTJ Vader. Did you mean you got the new SSC Vader? Or the HT Vader? And did you mix any parts in from your Deluxe, or keeping it stock? *Rubs head* too many options lol. That Vader tips thread is too daunting.. I don't even want to open it anymore lol

My "new Darth Vader" is the Sideshow Return of the Jedi version Darth Vader. Hope on over to that thread and check out my review/pics. I thought it to be very comparable to HT and a huge upgrade on the old SS release.

So is it safe to say the new sideshow fett is as good as a hot toys figure ?
In terms of quality I've been debating between sideshow and hot toys fett. I know these are from two diffrent movies.it's just a tough choice between the two.I'm not too happy with hot toys anymore because of how bad vader is and I'm still working on him. I've read the hot toys fett has parts falling off etc.so I'm thinking of giving the sideshow fett a chance I think he looks good and all.
Any opinions would be great :)

It's pretty close to be honest.. of course the base body isnt as good as an HT truetype, and the paint finish doesn't look quite as refined as the HT - but it does come really close. Of course the color scheme is completely different on everything from ESB to ROTJ Fetts so it is a little hard to compare. The gloves on the SSC look a lot better than the HT though, and I didn't have to reglue any parts on my SSC either (had to reglue a few things on the HT Fett right out of the box).

Honestly I usually like the HT stuff way more, Stormtroopers, Vader, Han, Leia, Luke & Ben... there's just no comparison on those figures imo. But V2 Fett here really is an exception and does stand up to the HT Fett pretty well.

Honestly if I had to choose one I think I would go with the SSC. I like the ESB look a bit better and like I said the quality is there on this particular SSC figure.

Thanks for the info sounds like you really like your sideshow v2.I'm glade you think it's getting close to hot toys level. I plan on just one boba in my collection.so fare sideshow is in the lead for me.

4f20dee6baff8229b6639245dc1e328e.jpg

893276bf042ef87ee427a835a59861ae.jpg

b486a9ff2271908aa89aa29c3c611df6.jpg

Just got this in today. Really happy with the new Boba Fett. I think it is worth the upgrade for me...I was on the fence but I'm such a huge Boba Fett fan. The differences aren't as striking or as vast of a change as compared to the new SS Vader I got in last week. But there definately is enough.
The colour looks better, the chest vest is a big improvement...the suit seems to fit better and I'm really liking the new grey/blue colour.

89bdefd4745532248b5d2f4b0497ba48.jpg

0e16232b635dce9423b0d9601baef512.jpg

This is how I posed him up in my display cabinet.

A few more things. I really like the last 2 sideshow figures I received. ROTJ Vader and New ESB Boba Fett. Both reissues of older figures but both are upgraded to a level maybe just shy with Hot Toys (very debatable). Now, I can't really speak for the HT version of each as i don't own them. But the sideshow figures of my 2 Favorite SW characters do me fine.

I'm sure a lot of ppl are debating whether to get the HT or the SS Boba Fett. I chose to upgrade my Boba Fett to the newer SS version because I own the SS Proto and Jango Fett (wanted to keep it consistent) and I own the ROTJ 1/4 Boba Fett from HT (didn't want another ROTJ version).

Big thing keeping both of the upgraded figures from being on par with HT is the bases. The plain hexagonal base! I just think they should have something Individual, unique put on them (name, or environment). I mean even what they have on the Jango Fett hexagonal base would be fine (Kamino on the face of the base).

Are these re-issues warranted? In my opinion YES. I can't say the Vader and Fett are new figures because there is so much that is similar to their old counterparts. But, the additions/upgrades make it feel like a new figure in that the presence is better. With both figures I find they open up a much broader posing potential due to better vest for Fett and undersuit for Vader. I was always hiding those parts of the figures. And with Fett, the colours pop much more and look so much better so the figure is more eye catching. They both simply have more to them and look way more at place among my other Hot Toys and Sideshow collectibles.

Anyways...overall a great figure and highly recommend!

8bf843f68198ce513e6bfe88bb04d9f8.jpg

7d128f55ff0f2ad9335f8bcd9a8b39c3.jpg

3b2fda3fb4894a8f71d5a29eab6c0a1d.jpg

Here are a few comparison pictures to the ESB Boba Fett film stills.

There is definately room to improve the helmet. It is just a tad bit too long it seems, doesn't flare out enough. The colouring is on point I think. Many thought it was too blue, like the pre ESB suit.

PS I have the worst luck with the bent range finder. I have it on my 1/4 Fett too. Ah well.

If there was a way to shorten the visor on the helmet and make the top of the T more squinted, the T is just way too long at the bottom and too thick at the top. It's like.. impossible to mod this unless you have the skills to completely repaint it. But that would SURELY be the key to completely changing how this figure looks and bringing it much closer to something we can be proud of.

If there was a way to shorten the helmet, the T is just way too long at the bottom of the overall helmet/visor. Too bad it's like impossible to shorten it. But that would SURELY be the key to completely changing how this figure looks and perhaps making it a LOT better.

Yes! Exactly. It kinda needs to be squished...flare out and shorter height wise.

When Hot Toys gets to the ESB Fett I'm hoping they do a great effort in getting the helmet correct. Seems to be quite difficult. Even hot toys had trouble with the T-visor for both of their releases. If anything, the SS looks more like the ROTJ helmet dimension wise:

22e719961b63e819955f540486ed4f3c.jpg

TBH, the HT ROTJ Fett looks almost exactly like the SSC ESB Fett helmet size/shape, especially the T-Visor area. Not sure how that could happen unless they directly referenced or used parts from that mold. You would think they would design their own Fett helmet from scratch, so I don't understand how they landed on a helmet very similar to the SSC ESB. In any case, with that in mind, I would be surprised if they came back with an ESB Fett whose helmet was far superior, knowing this is the type of helmet we are already getting from them. I mean, look at the HT Quarte rscale fett... same thing. T Visor way too long. *shrug*

The figure still looks good.. don't get me wrong, love these guys. But yeah... not sure why this is happening

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm probably the minority here but I still love my V1, even with his puffy vest, nappy wookie braids, short flight suit and t-rex arms lol

Last edited:
I love mine too. Not enough improvements on V2, to be worth the trade up for me, and I prefer ESB Boba to ROTJ. He died ingloriously in ROTJ (I don't care what comics or books afterwards suggest). He died in ROTJ. Pretty clear that's what the movie suggested.

My Boba Fett was definitely V1.5 - no discernible changes to the figure at all, it even came with the Bespin light up base.
If I was forced to give one change, then maybe the paint app was a better colour match between helmet and chest armour this time round.
I had to wait a year after the initial run of 1.1 to get it from a SS dealer here in the UK.
I've since sold it and I'm currently trying to decide if I want the HT ROTJ version to display with Jabba or the SSC V2 figure for display with the new Bespin Han In Carbonite.
BOBA FETT SSC.jpgDSC00013.jpgBOBA FETT.jpg

I love mine too. Not enough improvements on V2, to be worth the trade up for me, and I prefer ESB Boba to ROTJ. He died ingloriously in ROTJ (I don't care what comics or books afterwards suggest). He died in ROTJ. Pretty clear that's what the movie suggested.

You ever here the theory that Fett used clones in similar armor to keep presence throughout the galaxy, such is how he was able to handle so many bounties and be regarded as one of the best, because he had a team of clones helping him. Also why so many variants in armor, though the true Fett was the ESB version, as he could not trust a clone to work directly with Vader when his services were called, though a lesser talented clone was the one who worked directly with Jabba and his little deals and is why he was so easily taken down.

OR did you ever hear the theory that Fett uses different armor/gauntlets depending on the type of job at hand, thus why the changes in armor. Though specifically in ROTJ his demise was actually part of the plan. He was paid a higher price by the Rebellion to "take a dive" so the Rebels could escape. That it was him who let Lando into the palace and it was him who helped organize the break to save his old friend Han. "He's no good to me dead". He later escapes the sarlacc and uses his money to start a haberdashery.

LOL

You ever here the theory that Fett used clones in similar armor to keep presence throughout the galaxy, such is how he was able to handle so many bounties and be regarded as one of the best, because he had a team of clones helping him. Also why so many variants in armor, though the true Fett was the ESB version, as he could not trust a clone to work directly with Vader when his services were called, though a lesser talented clone was the one who worked directly with Jabba and his little deals and is why he was so easily taken down.

OR did you ever hear the theory that Fett uses different armor/gauntlets depending on the type of job at hand, thus why the changes in armor. Though specifically in ROTJ his demise was actually part of the plan. He was paid a higher price by the Rebellion to "take a dive" so the Rebels could escape. That it was him who let Lando into the palace and it was him who helped organize the break to save his old friend Han. "He's no good to me dead". He later escapes the sarlacc and uses his money to start a haberdashery.

LOL

Love it!

I'm probably the minority here but I still love my V1, even with his puffy vest, nappy wookie braids, short flight suit and t-rex arms lol

Im on the same boat as you. It was all planned to take MY V1 SS FETT trade it in, add some cash and walk out with HT ROTJ. But when I saw HT on display I had second thoughts. Loved the contrasts of colours from SS ESB as opposed to the darker tones ROTJ. Anyways a few more of my v1 with HT pouch and backpack.

[/URL[URL=https://s966.photobucket.com/user/BoShrek/media/IMG_9902_zpsx1peog6l.jpg.html] [/URL[URL=https://s966.photobucket.com/user/BoShrek/media/IMG_9899_zps43qgmr6p.jpg.html] [/URL[URL=https://s966.photobucket.com/user/BoShrek/media/IMG_9898_zpsqk9yvm6a.jpg.html] [/URL[URL=https://s966.photobucket.com/user/BoShrek/media/IMG_9897_zpsxzqd3lon.jpg.html]

Back