1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been debating which figure to get. In your alls opinion, which is better? Sideshows Scum n villainy Boba or Medicoms? I know sideshows is from ESB and Medi's is from ROTJ. But overall quality which is better? Thanks

Decided to work on Fett again and give him a new pose . . . . .

Boba128.jpg
Boba222.jpg
Boba316.jpg
Boba412.jpg
Boba62.jpg
Boba59.jpg

Some work and new body required, but did you not see these? :wave

I've been debating which figure to get. In your alls opinion, which is better? Sideshows Scum n villainy Boba or Medicoms? I know sideshows is from ESB and Medi's is from ROTJ. But overall quality which is better? Thanks

I just purchased mine and don't have it in hand, nor could I compare it to the SS ESB, but from all my research and talking to folks it comes down to a few key things.

1) Can you live with small imperfections (both have them) that only hard core Boba fans know about or do you want something great out of the box? How much do you want to futz, or do you not want to futz at all?

2) What's your personal pref? ESB, ROTJ?

3) How much do details matter?

For me, I chose the ROTJ not because I believe it's superior, but because I like the ROTJ version/colors more than ESB, but love the details and quality of SS ESB. I also don't mind the small issue with SS, such as fixing chest, helmet issues with ESB, but doing another body replacement was something I am getting tired of, so it was a deal breaker.

So I chose the new body, new sized Medi ROTJ because out of box I can pose him and the paint is spectacular, along with the body used being one of the best. But it has it's small issues too. I don't like the placement of the shoulder bells, makes him look smaller and I think the quality of the vest material on SS was better, along with real belts and ammo pouches. But the pics of the ROTJ just made me want him more.

That being said I can't say that I don't regret not having the quality of ESB SS, Boba. He can look so real.....and with some work it's fabulous...i'm guessing, if you can live with the helmet issue and paint app issue some feel are too glaring to get over. For me they weren't, so maybe someday I will have both.

I liked the YouTube review of ROTJ next to SS ESB, you could really get an idea of them side by side.

^^^
I'm going to try and steal that pose for mine

Me too, will need bigger base, it's funny looking at my collection I love action poses but all my figures are posed passively ( like I don't want them to get tired :cuckoo: ) except 2 empire Luke hanging upside down and captain America, need to change that

I stole your idea, bro.....sorry. I bought a Mark3 stand yesterday on ebay for 45.00 and i am going to try and customize it and give it a different look, the whole stand.

Did you have the entire stand and do you have a Iron Man figure? BAD A$$ man, BAD A**!!

Cool! FYI, I got my Boba yesterday... Something I didn't know is that the armor is soft, not hard plastic (green only, chest crotch), but it looks better in hand than I thought it would. It looks absolutely awesome. It makes my sandtroopers look like junk...and I love my custom marmits.

Last edited:
sideshow Boba is here! bought it from a fellow freak. my first non hot toys iron man figure. I absolutely love it. I just spent the last 3 hours carefully taking him apart and rebodying it onto a hot toys narrow shoulder - not as difficult as I thought it would be but time consuming... had to shave down the forearms to fit the gauntlets! This guy just looks so bad ***.

pics to come soon...

IMG_2490_zps255b8710.jpg

IMG_2491_zps97cc1685.jpg

IMG_2497_zpsf12f08ca.jpg

IMG_2496_zpsa51504ef.jpg

IMG_2498_zps319226d8.jpg

some quick pics from my phone - my new boba, on a Hot toys true type narrow shoulder with trimmed chest plate. loving this guy

Thanks guys, really happy with him. However I am looking for most of the hands and the bent feet now - if anyone is selling please let me know! Need the relaxed hands, the balled fists, the loose grips , the thumbs up and the pointing finger.

Also you can see in a few of the pics the skin coloured hot toys wrist pegs - any ideas for a better coloured replacement?

Helmet up just a smidge and it's perfect.
I thought so too shocktrooper - the hot toys neck is a little short. Not sure of the fix yet but I think I can live with it for now - any ideas though?

Cheers,

Joey

Hi Guys,

Spent all day today futzing with Boba.

I decided to finally put him on a hot toys body . I used the body for HT red Skull as I intend to sell off the parts anyway .

I don't regret ditching the Prometheus body , the Hot Toys conversion looks and feels superb he still has a few balance issues but I blame that on the backpack etc . I added an old mattel superman jumpsuit for him to wear under the flight suit so the material feels better when holding it .
Today I also added some extra weathering and curled the ends of wookie braids more.

Over the last 12 months these are the basic mods ive done ( just took a day here and there ) .
He has had a visor resculpt ,
repainted visor with battle damage detail.
Weathering added and silver scrapes added and existing ones painted to a brighter silver for a more metallic look.
Homemade wookie braids ( thankyou to my wife for those plats) .
Cuffs tightened for a more accurate look .
The plastic thing out of the vest modification - completely removed it . The cape has added weathering detail using sand, smoke & rust.
Foam pads removed from the pockets .
The logo has been carefully painted over with blue paint . ( accurate)

heres a few shots , let me know if you like it
Cheers

734514_665088566846648_583802190_n.jpg

1520623_665092300179608_298838914_n.jpg

1521537_665096203512551_1073597924_n.jpg

hi joey ,

for mine , I am using the sideshow neck on the hot toys body , it has slightly extra length , give it a whirl .. your boba is looking great mate

Back