1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking back on all Boba Fett-related threads I must say I feel really stupid. I mean, people go on and on about so many details that are somehow absurdly wrong but I always fail to see what they're talking about. Seriously, I'm not criticizing these guys or anything, but I just can't see what's wrong with most of the stuff they point out. Do you use any good reference material or something? Could you please share?

First, you have to care. But to care, I think you need some kind of special gift. Most of us don't have it.

All I know is that I get vomitting-blood-sick of listening to it.

That could be acid reflux. You should get it checked out...

I agree with everything you've said. I think Fett's design (in itself) makes almost any variation look bad ass, even if not accurate. But with the rising costs of collectables galore, I think it's fair to say that we should get something that reminds us of what was on-screen. Body language and shape has all to do with that. My Fett still has a lot of work ahead of it but anytime I customize something, I go for shape/fit first. All the detailing and additions/subtractions come next. I also make me customs so they're just as durable as the factory releases...so it is possible to improve upon these things.
So far I love Sideshow's blaster, the shape of the pouches (one pouch flap is the wrong way still) and the direction the belt and sash are going.
I think Indiana Jones fans are facing the same thing and it will only be the swap out of parts and futzing (sometimes to the extreme) that will make the 'perfect' figure.
I hate to pick on the guy who put lots of work into the Indy below (left) but you can see what I mean about shape/fit being key.
Compare.jpg

In progress Fett:
MediFett007.jpg
mayjune2011094.jpg

mayjune2011005.jpg

I agree wholeheartedly guys - you've both nailed what I've been thinking & wanting to say.

McHaleyArt - your custom Boba is absolutely phenomenal - my hat truly goes off to you sir!!! :thud: :clap:clap:clap

Now THAT Boba I would buy..

Honestly I think SSC will really milk Boba for all he's got. We'll see ROTJ, probably the Animated debut but what I'm really interested in is if they'll go through the McQuarrie concepts. A while ago they did express interest in visiting those designs and I wonder if Fett will be one of the first. Hopefully with both helmets.

ConceptFettReview+001.jpg

I think we'll get those. He's popular enough with different looks to garner these figures getting made, and for most of them it would be the first time figures this awesome would be made. Fett was a very impressive looking figure in person.

I doubt it, Marmit Fett has a much more narrow looking helmet.

Then he made the helmet wider then.
the helmet is made of soft vinyl. The way Marmit stored the helmet in the plastic pushed it into a thinner shape. Heat it up with a hair dryer and it softens as well as pops back into the original, wider shape...you can even widen it a bit more it you want. Run it under cold water to stiffen it up again and you've got the shape you want. I also replaced the rangefinder so it's more in scale (used Medi).
You can visit the custom thread if you want to talk about it some more. I hate to derail a thread.

Last edited:
Still ain't as accurate as mine:

2ahs9c2.jpg

Will probably buy this and make it even better than my Medi mod though. IF I can somehow get the money together. <3

Actually, it is.

Helmet 'ears' are still wrong. Plus no rifle strap and spats.

Other than that, looks great!!

Actually, it is.

Helmet 'ears' are still wrong. Plus no rifle strap and spats.

Other than that, looks great!!

I know bro, I know. Talking about the paint apps mostly. Mine are litterally spot-on, in the way they are applied AND in the details.

I started with a base coat of silver, and painted the colours on top of that, leaving the marks silver, whereas I suspect Sideshow will just paint the scratches on it I think.

It's truly a difference in hand. Wish I had ____ing earpieces <_<

I know bro, I know. Talking about the paint apps mostly. Mine are litterally spot-on, in the way they are applied AND in the details.

I started with a base coat of silver, and painted the colours on top of that, leaving the marks silver, whereas I suspect Sideshow will just paint the scratches on it I think.

It's truly a difference in hand. Wish I had ____ing earpieces <_<

Didn't mean to come off as nitpicky. It looks great!

Back