1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ oscorp - you are mistaken when you say that I have never owned a Medicom figure. I have owned about 30 of them. And my complaints about the figures is very well documented on these forums and is based solely with my own experience with them.

As with everything else I do, I may take in to account other people's experiences and advice. But at the end of the day, I let my own experience form my opinions and dictate my actions.

And for my own priorities, Medicom and Hot Toys both got crossed off the list. Sideshow is, so far, the only high-end 1:6 scale action figure maker that has achieved what I, personally, prioritize in a figure.

Lets see some pics of those 30 medicom figures? What were they? Obviously not all SW figs! It's not that i don't believe ya, BUT 30???? Who buys 30 of anything Medicom? Kubricks don't count :) (And also i say that that about boba cause he is different than their old shyyt, quality wise aka new better body etc.)

SS over HT?

:cuckoo:

J/K whatever floats your boat!

:peace

Actually i'm not kidding HT > everyone else

:lecture

Last edited:
People can have that many medicom figures. Remember when you questioned me about it years ago when I had a ton of them (granted I've sold them all off but still).

People can have that many medicom figures. Remember when you questioned me about it years ago when I had a ton of them (granted I've sold them all off but still).

No i don't cause i always knew you had medi. You never shut up about how you liked SS more!
I don't think you had anywhere near 30. 30 seems high for a US medi collector unless your heavily into anime.

I know it's possible, just seems strange to me. But he likes SS as the best/his fave 1/6 maker, so were kinda different in the 1/6 world. Anyways it's gonna suck when this is released and compared to the medicom. I really don't even want to hear it. (but it's necessary i guess?) I just hope the SS fig is so far and above anything else the debate is killed.

30 isn't very many.

30 of medicom is a lot IMO, unless you into Kamen Riders or Anime.

I mean how many SW figs are there? 10-ish to date? Various other licenses only put out a few here and there max. Like i said i know it's possible, but in the US you just don't see big medi collections too often unless they include the above.

I know it's possible, just seems strange to me. But he likes SS as the best/his fave 1/6 maker, so were kinda different in the 1/6 world. Anyways it's gonna suck when this is released and compared to the medicom. I really don't even want to hear it. (but it's necessary i guess?) I just hope the SS fig is so far and above anything else the debate is killed.

Irony. :slap

It won't suck at all. I know that you of all people (like me) will be able to FULLY appreciate both figures. I'm totally prepared for the 'this is so much better than the Medicom', but you have both, just like me, and we know that the best Sideshow can hope for is a tie. It will be interesting though...

It won't suck at all. I know that you of all people (like me) will be able to FULLY appreciate both figures. I'm totally prepared for the 'this is so much better than the Medicom', but you have both, just like me, and we know that the best Sideshow can hope for is a tie. It will be interesting though...

Best it can end up for YOU. Just sayin......:peace

Pretty much!

Although i do think if SS's comes out like the proto, they will be the clear winner.

We'll see.

I can't wait for this Boba Fett figure. I've been looking forward to it's announcement and subsequent release ever since Sideshow first announced their Star Wars license. I'm kind of glad they waited until now to release it as it looks so much better than what they would have put out five or six years ago.

Stoked for this figure. He'll go on the shelf with my Attakus, Marmit, and Medi.

I had the Medicom, but sold him since this one was coming and I figured I should stick to one company. He'll be proudly placed next to Hammerhead and Greedo.

This one isn't on Josh at all imo. Pretty sure most folks reading this thread would agree too. You went OTT on a pretty innocuous comment. That's some pretty thin skin you got goin' on there.

:goodpost::exactly:

Its pretty easy to see this was the post that started the ____ rolling and it wasn't posted by The Josh.

There is no doubt the Medicom ROTJ Boba Fett is better than what Sideshow will release. It is the definitive Boba to own at this point.

A couple people laughed at someone predicting that their toy will be better before they even se what the production model is and the medi squad acted like we should debate medi differences, like it hasn't been hashed out and is pretty much common knowledge.

...we know that the best Sideshow can hope for is a tie.

Best it can end up for YOU. Just sayin......:peace

So Josh calling you out on your pretence to being the artbiter of all things good and proper with 1/6 Boba Fett is somehow being a smartass? He was simply highlighting that your opinion isn't necessarily the be-all-and-end-all re: this figure. And you somehow read this as being uncivil. Oh well, there's all types I guess.

Back