1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have an intention of keeping the ex base, but given how quickly it sold out I suspect I could easily sell it for more than I'd save buying from a retailer.

Sell outs like this are very rare with Star Wars Sideshow figures. And Boba is probably in the top 5 figures wanted by Star Wars fans, so I think I'll keep my EX order.

This is just a shake-out by SS to see if they can minimize any last minute cancelations when this ships. Must mean its shipping soon then, like at the end of this month.

Though the base seemed silly, and still does, as an EX I really should have bit the bullet and ordered that instead of going with the regular version through AE.

Yeah, it's kind of funny in that I can't see ever displaying Boba Fett on the EX base as opposed to the standard one, and yet I still kind of want it. :/ :'(

Out of the exclusives I've seen, though, only one I'll really regret not getting is IG-88's vibro ax. Even though it's not movie accurate (and he looks a little ridiculous holding it as a weapon) it really does add something to figure when worn on his back. Guess I would've liked Hammerhead's staff, too, but that was way before I got hooked on this line.

This is just a shake-out by SS to see if they can minimize any last minute cancelations when this ships. Must mean its shipping soon then, like at the end of this month.

Hope so, that would be great to get Boba a bit early.

Last edited:
but they are giving you $10 off if you order the reg version....wow...way to make up for it SS....should offer free shipping as well..

Well, that was a waitlist cancellation, not an order cancellation. I think getting $10 off is pretty good. They could have just said, waitlists aren't guaranteed, and this time you didn't get one. Anything more than that is a bonus.

Yeah, it's kind of funny in that I can't see ever displaying Boba Fett on the EX base as opposed to the standard one, and yet I still kind of want it. :/ :'(

Out of the exclusives I've seen, though, only one I'll really regret not getting is IG-88's vibro ax. Even though it's not movie accurate (and he looks a little ridiculous holding it as a weapon) it really does add something to figure when worn on his back. Guess I would've liked Hammerhead's staff, too, but that was way before I got hooked on this line.

My general rule is to pass on any bases or paper good exclusives as I never use them. But if its an actual accessory or 2nd head I always buy.

My general rule is to pass on any bases or paper good exclusives as I never use them. But if its an actual accessory or 2nd head I always buy.

I definitely don't need and won't use this base...but I feel compelled to keep the EX simply because of the apparent lack of cancellations. Silly, I know. But $10 ain't much and if I'm gonna cancel it will be to get it through a retailer for a substantial savings -- BUT I'm real tired of this whole delay/split shipment stuff so for a high-demand figure like this I'm just gonna pay top dollar and get it when I'm excited about it.

But someone made a good point: the base might be worth more down the line then the $10 now.

I prefer the regular stand anyway, so I never even attempted the EX. I am often pleased when the EX item is something I don't care for. Some goes for the Clones. I don't like the white stands.

Yeah, I'll be doing the same, especially as I found out after ordering a couple figures that there are quite a few really good SSC distributors where I live (Calgary, AB). It definitely won't be worth my while to pay shipping, brokerage and duties just for a base that I might look at once in a while.

Pretty sure Bossk exclusive will be another base (that symbol on his uniform, in keeping with Boba Fett) but looking forward to what they offer with Vader, once he's announced. Although I can't think of anything in particular I want, should be lots there to come up with something a bit more creative.

I prefer the regular stand anyway, so I never even attempted the EX. I am often pleased when the EX item is something I don't care for. Some goes for the Clones. I don't like the white stands.

Agreed. The lamer it is the more I'll save on shipping/duty, etc. Glad I'm getting the Bespin Luke exclusive, though. That Vader/Luke head is great.

Don't the exclusives generally ship ahead of the regs?

If so, reg-holders could be waiting another month for their piece. Is that worth $10?

No, not with this figure... Still, my order is already in with AE, and I'm not about to add a cancellation fee on top of everything else.

What's the release date on this? I thought I remember it being delayed till June, but I could be crazy. :panic:

Hope so, that would be great to get Boba a bit early.

I think the Emperor EX might just be the best EX to date.

I think the Emperor EX might just be the best EX to date.

That is probably the most necessary one... I've never used the standard head as I just don't like it as much as the pissed off exclusive.

Some my other favorite exclusives:
Bespin Han: Mynock
Kit Fisto: Battle Droid Head
Yoda- Kenner throwback orange snake
Bib Fotuna- Kenner throwback staff
Bubo Creature Pack- Scratching Womprat

Back