1/6th Scale Phase I Clone Lieutenant - SDCC Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Phase I Clone Lieutenant - SDCC Exclusive 1/6th

I can seriously see Sideshow having a MUCH smaller booth and physical presence at SDCC in a year or two. That's where these latest approaches to the con are pointing.

Not gonna happen. This is the biggest event of the year for this industry. No way a company is gonna give up the exposure they can get with the awesome booth they have every year.

Just to play devil's advocate I remember when people used to say "There is no way a company would skip Toy Fair especially with all of the exposure to their new products" yet Sideshow never goes and it doesn't seem to hurt them.

Not gonna happen. This is the biggest event of the year for this industry.

... except Sideshow is focusing less and less energy on the actual physical event in San Diego with this new all-month, online focus and shipping the "Exclusive" items out to Non-Attendees BEFORE the show even starts.

We'll see how much "buzz" their booth generates this year, as opposed to the past when there was always 2 or 3 things that had people talking that you "just have to see".

Tom's analogy that this is like showing everyone their Christmas presents throughout December and then expecting the same amount of excitement on Christmas morning as there was when everything was a surprise is spot-on.

My hope is that they're actually saving 1 or 2 big surprises for the show floor itself.

Just to play devil's advocate I remember when people used to say "There is no way a company would skip Toy Fair especially with all of the exposure to their new products" yet Sideshow never goes and it doesn't seem to hurt them.
Yep. And Sideshow's SDCC floor space is very, very costly.

That event is in NYC totally on the otherside of the USA. Much easier to trek things down a few hours I'm sure.

... except Sideshow is focusing less and less energy on the actual physical event in San Diego with this new all-month, online focus and shipping the "Exclusive" items out to Non-Attendees BEFORE the show even starts.

They're taking some of the pressure off of the CS folks and the Web Folks by letting some items go earlier. Thats a good thing though as it lets more of them be able to converse with Con folks. They've been doing the shipping of Con Ex the last couple of years. Its not something new and really isn't an issue. They're not even getting them till the show starts on Wed/Thurs which is when we'll have them.

We'll see how much "buzz" their booth generates this year, as opposed to the past when there was always 2 or 3 things that had people talking that you "just have to see".

That will be interesting. The thing is they still have several days of their online event left. So we'll still have plenty of items that we won't know about online wise till Tuesday if they show the booth listings like before. Plus ordering at the show should be like normal in that regard.

Tom's analogy that this is like showing everyone their Christmas presents throughout December and then expecting the same amount of excitement on Christmas morning as there was when everything was a surprise is spot-on.

Its sort of right. Like I said if they have everything there we're going to see this month it only is an issue for the items we've seen up to the point of the show starting. Not really changing anything.

My hope is that they're actually saving 1 or 2 big surprises for the show floor itself.

I would guarantee they are.

Yep. And Sideshow's SDCC floor space is very, very costly.

I'm sure it is.

Hey, if they actually have NEW reveals at the show (and allow us to place pre-orders there) it's all good. I certainly hope so. :duff

Hey, if they actually have NEW reveals at the show (and allow us to place pre-orders there) it's all good. I certainly hope so. :duff

I don't see why they wouldn't. Would make no sense to have items there that we can't order. Forcing everyone to find a computer or use a phone wouldn't be a good idea.

I don't see why they wouldn't. Would make no sense to have items there that we can't order. Forcing everyone to find a computer or use a phone wouldn't be a good idea.

I could be totally wrong, but I seem to remember someone (Dusty?) saying that they're not taking orders at the show as in the past and that was part of this new online approach.

Also, they will have some SDCC items there that no one can order... because some have already sold-out. Whereas before ANY item on display in their boot could be pre-ordered by Attendees without fear of it selling out.

I can't recall exactly what was said. I'd have to go searching but I don't recall that being said we couldn't just going off memory.

There will be some yes that folks won't be able to that sold out before. That's where there could be an issue.

Yeah, we'll see...

Regardless, SDCC is now only a few short days away and I'm stoked. :rock :rock :rock

That we shall.

Yup, just a mere 4 days away. :rock

Just got this. Wasn't going to order it, but I'm a sucker sometimes for exclusives.:pow
First impression is it's a very nice figure. Like the weathering. He come with what other clones have come with as expected. Joints are tight, although it is still some work to get him to stand in certain poses. Don't know if previous clones have this body suit. The suit has raised ribbing; although it doesn't show up in my pics.
15d28hz.jpg

Last edited:

Man! SSC charged my card last month for this guy and it still hasn't shipped yet:impatient: I'm getting a little ticked:mad::mad::mad:

very much confirms to me how even though i am attending the con, ordering the exclusive would have been a nice appetizer...

very much confirms to me how even though i am attending the con, ordering the exclusive would have been a nice appetizer...

yup, saves you from having to lug around boxes too. I'm not sure how I would handle it because with taxes and shipping it would add to the cost. However, it would alleviate the extra hassle. I mean I can get them before the con and open them up and enjoy them then attend the con. If you're out of state you'll probably not get them until you're at the con.
t9jyw3.jpg

i am in LA, so that wouldn't be a prob... on the bright side, judging by the photos, i think this may be may favorite exclusive yet (i wonder if sith eyes anakin would cut it with today's exclusive expectations?)

i am in LA, so that wouldn't be a prob... on the bright side, judging by the photos, i think this may be may favorite exclusive yet (i wonder if sith eyes anakin would cut it with today's exclusive expectations?)

It's a nice figure, but after playing around with it it still has loose joints as previous clones. The body suit looks like it's prone to tearing at the seam. It should be fine in a static pose.

It's a nice figure, but after playing around with it it still has loose joints as previous clones. The body suit looks like it's prone to tearing at the seam. It should be fine in a static pose.

Nice pics......but loose joints and possible cheaply made body suit :gah:

Right... there is still a lot that we don't know about the new suit. I hope the new material wouldn't deteriorate over time. My Anakin's "leather" outfit is already cracking.

Nice... Mine's still at processing. :gah:

Back