1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure LINK IN 1ST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The simplest way to voice your opinion is to stop buying the figures! Companies only change by the lack of cash in their pockets.

Don't get me wrong I love the SSC Star Wars line. The selection is getting interesting, but the prices are getting too high. I didn't mind when the prices were $100 - 150 a figure, but I have other bills to pay, mouths to feed. I'm not in my college days where I could starve myself so I could buy collectibles.

I really want to buy the entire bounty hunter line, but I know I can't afford it. I also know owning a $300 figure doesn't make me any better then the next guy or gal. In the end these figures deteriorate in structure and price. They aren't made to last (my boba's vest is already cracking!). I don't plan on selling them for profit, but who would be willing to pay 4x the original retail price for a displayed figure? Please send them my way and they can make me an offer.

Anyway I guess what I'm saying is... what others are warning! Make sure it's something you REALLY want. They cost a lot of money and they won't pay for your early retirement or your children's college education.

Good luck with your future endeavors Sideshow.

I understand that these are not an investment, but I do not want them to lose value like a car. If Sideshow is going to just re-release and mass produce figures it is no longer a collectable, just an expensive toy as I already stated. Why even bother with es, just make them as they get ordered then. I am glad I got my IG 88 for a good price on eBay. At least we get the nicer base if that means anything.

Yep, Sideshow shows a total disregard for the collectors. These are collectible figures and therefore have value; sorry if someone can't understand that but it's the just a fact. And when you re-release something it hurts the value of the original. I paid retail for the exclusive, so I'm not going particularly affected if I decided to sell mine later on, but anyone who paid a premium for, or was planning on selling a regular one is getting screwed.

This figure, unlike some of the others, actually had a set ES. Now Sideshow will remove the base and add $40 to the cost and pretend it's a new figure.

If it's a v2 (like Maul) that's one thing, but re-releases should never have happen. But clearly that's what Sideshow does now.

:panic: Oh no! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

But don't worry. Sideshow obviously won't include the vibro-axe or the illuminated Bespin display stand with this release so collectors who purchased the first release will still hold onto their collectible value if that's what all this chicken littling is all about. I have nothing against them doing re-releases as it gives everyone a fair shot at getting them.

I do understand how people are bothered with this, but I think it's OK they are re-releasing these. Star Wars is huge now with many new fans getting into collecting. SS is a business and this only helps them to be willing (hopefully) to take chances on newer items they may have originally been unsure about. Enough will be different to separate it from the originals. Plus the price alone will be higher than the original based on todays market. That's the only thing that bothers me. Same base figure with less accessories at a higher, or same price. Boba & IG88 losing the original bases is huge. Bossk having an improved and better newer head sculpt is interesting as seeing he didn't have any unique accessory the 1st time around other than if you had the exclusive with the alternate head which I'm sure will not be included with a re-release. If that's the only difference, those with the original could pick up a parted out head.

I never buy these expecting to ever have/want to sell them. I buy it to enjoy it. If it appreciates in value, great, if not so be it. Very few high end Star Wars collectible items ever loose value due to its ongoing popularity and meaning to people, so you'll hardly ever lose money on it if you sell it, as long as you paid the original "retail" price and not a premium on the secondary market. Those are the only people who I can see justified in being a little upset, but after all it was your decision to buy it. I have lots of stuff thats worthless now that once had high value, but thats collecting, so do it for joy and not profit. We don't "need" any of this stuff, but we do love it!

I may pick it up this time around. I missed out of the first one, because I thought it would be around a while longer, like with Probe Droid. Will depend on pricing. I'm sure it will be $200+ whereas the original was around $149 I believe. And will then need to check against secondary to see if the EX and light up base is worth it. Rereleased can be a pain depending on what side of the coin you're on, especially since they are marketed as limited edition collectibles. However I don't buy these as investments.

Rest assured I have a retirement plan wholly separate from my collectibles :lol But I do recognize they have value; so actions that devalue a collectible and go against a long standing policy of never rereleasing a sold out figure does bother me.

I'm pretty much done buying any Sideshow figures directly from them... I was interested in the Snowspeeder Luke, but no way I'd pay $270 for a figure after seeing how botched the X-Wing Luke was. And I'm no longer wanting to support them directly due to QC and them now rereleasing figures.

So if I buy Sideshow figures in the future it will be on the secondary market as I don't want to directly give them my financial support.

Damn I was hoping for a 1/4 scale IG-88. Still waiting for the 1/6 Dengar and Zuckuss also.

Oh and if Sideshow is all about re-releases (I'm for them) how about a Snowtrooper.

I have the original release IG-88 EX as well as OG Boba, but I was thinking of selling them because I missed out on Bossk and he goes for crazy money these days. So why continue with the line if I'm missing a player? But now there's a pretty good chance they'll re-release Bossk so I can complete the set eventually. Aside from Bossk I'd love a re-release of Greedo, which I also missed out on.

Agreed. Bring on the snowtrooper!!

By the way, I am not against re-releases. I could even accept the higher price point. But don't take away the acessories. That's lame.

They wil re-release Bossk for sure. They will do the same again with Boba. That screen with all of them is a clue. IG re-release made it clear.

I'm looking for IG and Greedo in the future. I own Momaw Nadon and that is one of the best figures, maybe they will do him too, but i have feeling he is a bit forgotten.

On the other hand i'm worried about 4-LOM, i can't get one from the local store couse he is SS exclusive. That makes whole releasing of BH figures kind of bitter.

I do understand how people are bothered with this, but I think it's OK they are re-releasing these. Star Wars is huge now with many new fans getting into collecting. SS is a business and this only helps them to be willing (hopefully) to take chances on newer items they may have originally been unsure about. Enough will be different to separate it from the originals. Plus the price alone will be higher than the original based on todays market. That's the only thing that bothers me. Same base figure with less accessories at a higher, or same price. Boba & IG88 losing the original bases is huge. Bossk having an improved and better newer head sculpt is interesting as seeing he didn't have any unique accessory the 1st time around other than if you had the exclusive with the alternate head which I'm sure will not be included with a re-release. If that's the only difference, those with the original could pick up a parted out head.

I never buy these expecting to ever have/want to sell them. I buy it to enjoy it. If it appreciates in value, great, if not so be it. Very few high end Star Wars collectible items ever loose value due to its ongoing popularity and meaning to people, so you'll hardly ever lose money on it if you sell it, as long as you paid the original "retail" price and not a premium on the secondary market. Those are the only people who I can see justified in being a little upset, but after all it was your decision to buy it. I have lots of stuff thats worthless now that once had high value, but thats collecting, so do it for joy and not profit. We don't "need" any of this stuff, but we do love it!
[emoji106] [emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The final two are probably ready to preview as we speak. This is what they call a build up!

Maybe to SDCC?

Do they have the reissue bossk already up?

The nuisance is that the Bossk head is different, no doubt more accurate. But it's probably the only enhancement over the original release.

It'll probably command a high part out price.

I still prefer my EX roaring head, accurate or not.

I still prefer my EX roaring head, accurate or not.

Yup, EX Bossk was the last EX that was a must-buy.

12677377_1896569600569337_1718462723_n.jpg

I'm very excited for Dengar though. How there's *6+ years between IG-88 and him though is crazy to think about.

Yup, EX Bossk was the last EX that was a must-buy.

12677377_1896569600569337_1718462723_n.jpg

I'm very excited for Dengar though. How there's *6+ years between IG-88 and him though is crazy to think about.

Yeah it's a long wait for all Bounty Hunters. Hopefully the last 3 will be released in quick succession.

That EX head rocks!

The fact that SSC has ZERO TFA stuff in the works or hinted at leads me to believe the "Deal has been altered". Maybe they can only produce figures that were in the works at the time of the HT license deal and what they have done in the past. So now we see the Bounty Hunters which were discussed years ago at SDCC as well as the Jawas that were previewed quite a while ago as well. They also had their hands in the "Pilots" line with Tie Fighter and Luke debuting several SDCC's ago as proto-type.

Just speculation but I would have thought they would at least take a crack at some aliens/robots from Maz's place by now if they could. Also, their proto to production schedule seems to have hit an all time slow. We saw Jango and X wing Luke years ago and then they stalled and finally released (with major FUBAR design ideas and implementation).

Their latest 1/6th lines are non Disney I think aside from the remnants of some Comic book Marvel characters.

I love seeing other fans being able to get a figure when they weren't able to do in the first run, whether they had personal money issues, family, children, mortgage, rent, car payments, not a great job, etc, etc
To, me this is what a real community is about, also being happy for other fans.

And I collect items not for invest, its limited or regular release. I collect these pieces cause I personally like them, whether products from Hasbro to Anovos.

oh yeah one other thing for you self entitled people.

Disney bought Star Wars for $4 billions dollars! And since then many other companies have SW license to make products from Hot wheels, to BanDai, to Hot Toys, to Anovos.
So, expect Disney to milk the hell out of the SW license, and expect tons more reissues from Sideshow, Hot Toys, Hasbro, Hot Wheels, etc
especially since they need to make back their $4 Billion dollar investment for SW.

Back