1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing they didn't want to shock everyone with a figure over $200. Probably why he won't have a fancy base like some of the others.

I wonder if he'll even come with a base. Might be awkward to try and get a crotch grabbing stand on him.

I'm good with that price... I was fearing more, so $200 is not bad considering all that must have gone into him.

I wonder if he'll even come with a base. Might be awkward to try and get a crotch grabbing stand on him.

I think some kind of base will be necessary... at the very least I will put him on one as I don't want a figure with that many parts to topple off a shelf :lol

I'm good with that price... I was fearing more, so $200 is not bad considering all that must have gone into him.

It definitely makes Jake Sully's price a little sillier though (and no I'm not hating, I'm leaning toward pulling the trigger on Bazooka Smurf.) All the arguments of "But its a giant new body, fully painted, from a really popular movie..." kind of go out the window when you look at a $200 Grievous (who may even have swappable arms for all we know.)

I think some kind of base will be necessary... at the very least I will put him on one as I don't want a figure with that many parts to topple off a shelf :lol

I'm more concerned about the Battle Droids supposedly not having them. Such tiny feet!

Agreed about the Avatar figure... but he is still bigger (should be about 4" taller :lol) and HT pricetags have always been 25-35% higher for similarly produced figures.

Just look at the complexity of Grievous next to Superman. Supes should be more like $125-$150 by comparison. But pricing is definitely not equal between the companies... and Medicom is even more on the ridiculous side. Their Sully would have been 14" tall and cost $500 :lol

One thing I will say for HT though is know the production piece will be the same or better than the proto... who knows what a nightmare the production piece of Grievous could turn out to be :huh

Wow ! I was expecting $250.00 or more! Pleasantly surprised indeed. At that price I will be purchasing one. I predicted $150.00
for Boba and its $160.00 so not to far off . My wallet is definatly relieved .

Ma-a-a-a-n i'm so pised if he won't have articulation in this area on the legs, i mean by the looks his legs can only go up and down not 360 degres.Because without it it ain't grievous at all, cause he would have walked like a stupid droid in the film.That would be the dumbest thing from sideshow EVER! :monkey2 :gah: :cuckoo: :dunno

P1080808.jpg

Yeah, I must say I'm a little disappointed by the legs and arms, which don't seem to be able to give Grievous his full range of motion. Same with the battle droids, actually. They too had more movable legs.

Otherwise, he's awesome, and none of this is a deal breaker. The price is right, too, so...I shall buy! :D

Ma-a-a-a-n i'm so pised if he won't have articulation in this area on the legs, i mean by the looks his legs can only go up and down not 360 degres.Because without it it ain't grievous at all, cause he would have walked like a stupid droid in the film.That would be the dumbest thing from sideshow EVER! :monkey2 :gah: :cuckoo: :dunno

P1080808.jpg

So from a tiny image you are making that assumption :slap

Check this picture... looks like ball joints to me which should mean up and down as well as outward movement. Even the pose suggests outward movement.

STU_6232_resize.JPG

Lets see he is CG and they can make him do anything, now you want a plastic figure to have all the same movement? But you would be pissed it it broke due to this or cost to much?

You people do realize its easier to make an animated drawing do whatever the hell the animator wants it to on a screen than to make an actual working toy do it, right?

Yeah, I must say I'm a little disappointed by the legs and arms, which don't seem to be able to give Grievous his full range of motion.

So he definitely can't move like a spider like in this scene?
spider-pig.jpg

Oops, I mean like in this scene?
griev.jpg

Love the additional pics, and the price is great and right around what I expected. I was thinking perhaps $225 at the max.

Also good to hear on the Fett price. $160 is definitely doable and hoping to use my Rewards Points to knock down the price.

That price is better than what I thought it would come in at!

Still not sure it's an instant purchase for me yet, as I really would have preferred the split arms, but still, this one looks fantastic!

Has there been info yet whether he does have arms the split or not? Ot even removable arms to switch out with split ones?

Not that I've read recently, but you would think they would pose him with split arms if that was a possible exclusive or something.

That's true, but it would seem really strange to make this figure and then omit a pretty central aspect of his design.

I think if they could show it off they would.

P1080808.jpg

Yeah, I must say I'm a little disappointed by the legs and arms, which don't seem to be able to give Grievous his full range of motion. Same with the battle droids, actually. They too had more movable legs.

Otherwise, he's awesome, and none of this is a deal breaker. The price is right, too, so...I shall buy! :D

Silent surfer commented on this earlier in the thread. that we are seeing is an Early prototype Grievous figure. and that sideshow is still working on the engineering for the arms. and that he expects the final version to have the ability to have 4 arms.

As he works there, I'll takes his word for it, and LAUGH at the projected release date.

Back