1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have all convinced me, I will open and count all the fingers and toes, or just toes.

Quick question, just to prepare myself, when you first open the box are you taken breathless by its radiance like in Pulp Fiction, or does a shaft of light and a chorus of angels begin to sing when you behold it's glory?

Just got this. I love it! Figure not so heavy. Base weighs a ton.

578517_10150731016446435_504251434_9286395_1989502677_n.jpg

Great pic, it is really a great addition if you are a Star Wars fan but I think I won´t get this in a very long time :stormtroo

You have all convinced me, I will open and count all the fingers and toes, or just toes.

Quick question, just to prepare myself, when you first open the box are you taken breathless by its radiance like in Pulp Fiction, or does a shaft of light and a chorus of angels begin to sing when you behold it's glory?

I started kissing mine, right off the bat... You can't help it. :lecture

Can anyone tell me if the Sandtroopers are limited, I've got some reward points to spend but I'll have a few more in June when I've got my Joker PF. I've got a Dewback on order and obviously need the trooper to go with it I just don't want to miss out as my reward points would virtually pay for the trooper.

I don't think anyone has to worry about the Sandtrooper going away anytime soon. For one thing, they still have Dewbacks in stock, so they'll hardly get rid of the Sandie since no-one's going to buy the Dewie without one. Also, they haven't set a limit on the Sandtrooper, it's TBD, so I imagine the run will go on and on until they're no longer selling very well and then maybe they'll cap it. I could also see them just leaving it an open edition (just leaving status as TBD indefinitely), too, easy money maker for them.

Ok that's great thanks, I've never bought his scale before but that Dewback is just awesome, the wife won't be pleased but I'll just tell her to stay out of my man cave then :)

Ok that's great thanks, I've never bought his scale before but that Dewback is just awesome, the wife won't be pleased but I'll just tell her to stay out of my man cave then :)

Yeah, love that Dewback but still kinda on the fence about it because it's so large and I'm also sort of tempted at the moment by the War Machine Special Version. Definitely can't do both, so going to give it some time and decide. Dewie's such an awesome display piece, don't think you'll regret it. The wife might even come around once she sees it in all its glory!

:blissysmi

OK, so sometimes it seems it's best to leave well enough alone. As I said, I'm just packing my stuff up as I buy as I'm waiting until we move sometime next year to bother setting everything up. But heeding my own advice, I decided to pull out my Greedo and check everything (haven't since I bought him at a local hobby store).

His knees are extremely tight and I guess I must've used a bit too much force as something snapped and I can hear a piece of plastic rattling in his lower leg. I was going to take off the outfit for closer inspection, but didn't want to cut the sewing that keeps his collar tight at the back of his neck. Both knees are still as tight as ever, so don't think whatever I broke was critical but just curious if anyone else has had this kind of experience?

I guess best thing to have done would've been not to force it and use a hot hairdryer and try and loosen it that way?

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks for that link, FLOSI. I'm going to take another look at it, tomorrow (although thinking I may just grab that body as a spare, kinda takes out any worries of damaging the body in future).

I did try removing the foot and pulling up the pant leg, but Greedo's pants are super tapered and won't go up above his calf. I'll cut the stitching in his back collar, tomorrow, remove the outfit and try a blow dryer. Every other joint was great but his knees feel like they'll snap in two if I use any more force on it. Thanks again, FLOSI, really appreciate it.

Back