1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cutie Honey?

cutey_honey_41497.jpg

Back on topic:

Dewback02.jpg

dewback.jpg

star-wars-sideshow-dewback-12-inch-related-figure.jpg

Now that I've posted these pics, I noticed something new. Has anyone discussed the fur around the Dewback's head? I originally thought it was part of the saddle, but looking at the above pics, the fur frames the Dewback's head. I bet it was added there to hide the puppet's neck seam?

Last edited:
looks as if was cast into the ssc dewback instead of adding the real fur. though it doesnt look as if it's painted to match the real fur color or nearly as prominent as the original prop.

Its definitely sculpted fur going up the neck and down the tail, but seems to be painted the same as the scales, at least similar enough I can't tell the difference in these photos.

I'm still debating on whether or not go get this. Its cool, but the price tag with the new sandy is a bit much.

there was no way i could pass this up. for me sandtroopers & dewbacks were the coolest thing about the first movie. and as cool as vader was he got edged out. yea ya'll can say it....i'm..:cuckoo:

:lol

I agree with Barryo, Sandtroopers were my favourite part of the OT. I loved the Stormtrooper but there is just something cooler about the Sandtrooper. Maybe it's the back pack and different colour pauldrons. They just rock.

Hey SS, sorry to be off topic, but what's the piece in your sig, the chick with the pinkish hair? That looks pretty sweet. :)

Yep, that's the Volks 1/4 scale resin kit of Soroyama Hajime's Cutey Honey artwork. I hated the original Cutey colors though, so I did my own thing.

looks as if was cast into the ssc dewback instead of adding the real fur. though it doesnt look as if it's painted to match the real fur color or nearly as prominent as the original prop.

Yep, I see SS sculpted the fur along the Dewback's spine and tail, but what about the brown fur I see in the pics around its neck?

I friggin want this thing too, but the price is keeping me away, and sad.....

Yep, I see SS sculpted the fur along the Dewback's spine and tail, but what about the brown fur I see in the pics around its neck?
I friggin want this thing too, but the price is keeping me away, and sad.....

well i think sideshow borrowed from the look of the actual prop, a look from the special editions, and possibly other sources and came up with this. we never really saw the dewback up close in the original movies & the SE didn't really have the fur around him either that i recall. i'm just glad that the head looks more like the original prop real fur or not. this beauty will be more competition as a centerpiece for jabba's throne & yodas hut..........:lol

I know! Its a real beauty! I want one to put one of my Marmit Sandies onto. :monkey2

How is your Troop transport going????

I know! Its a real beauty! I want one to put one of my Marmit Sandies onto. :monkey2

How is your Troop transport going????

yea i may trade a marmit sandy for the ssc one myself.....or it least try it out.

and the transport..........well all i really need to do to it is add wheels, a few buttons (red ones like the voice buttons), and the prisoner collars. i decided to scap r/c'ing it for now, but maybe down the road i will look at it again. seems i have less and less time these days....:monkey2

No, just pics new to me from a google search.

Ah cool I found them after I looked on the Rebel Scum SDCC11 coverage photo archive.

I was told by Mike at Sideshow that the Dewback will definitely be after Christmas so no hope of the scaly one before Santa arrives.

Boo-urns!

Last edited:
Ah cool I found them after I looked on the Rebel Scum SDCC11 coverage photo archive.

I was told by Mike at Sideshow that the Dewback will definitely be after Christmas so no hope of the scaly one before Santa arrives.

Boo-urns!

That's odd. I received an email saying that processing would begin on 12/12. Did something change?

Back