1/6th Scale Celebration VI Exclusive - Commander Ganch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only this one must have been taken off his helmet alot, he looks black?

Ya I thought he looked a little darker than usual. I chalked it up to the lighting. But who knows maybe we will get a clone tanning kit so they dont ever have to be embarrassed by tan lines :rotfl

loving all the behind the scenes talk to a figure regardless of who and when.we NEED that sort of stuff in these threads.gives connection to the figures we all buy.
Due to the Exclusiveness and the small amount being made-this is a must not miss figure or regret and pay double later.
cant wait to see more pics!!
the box art tom mentioned has me curious to see what is coming due to the character only seen in webcomics.

Any questions you have about Ganch, feel free to ask, I can tell you about the character and some back story... etc...

Is this from the CW or just made up?

OK... lots to cover...

1. I'm Tom Hodges, I co-created/Designed Ganch.

2. He appeared in Two Web Comics for starwars.com They ran concurrently with Season 2 and Season 3. Essentially, Ganch was Bolla Ropal's Clone Commander. Ropal was captured and murdered by Cad Bane in the beginning of Season 2 (which is where the web comic begins). He then became the Clone Commander to Keelyvine Reus (another co-creation between myself and Pablo Hidalgo)

Season 1 was collected in a Trade Paperback (published jointly by DHC and Dreams & Visions Press) and sold at CV, Season 2/3 are hopefully going to be collected soon together. So I get why some folks haven't seen or heard of him before. But with that said, the #1 feature on SW.com for 3 years was the Comic. 200K readers per week when posted. The web site went through a bunch of changes and has been put on hold. While popular, it was free to the public and not cost effective. Season 4 would have debuted the Phase II helmet.Sideshow requested it for the Figure.

3. Ganch's name is the form of torture in the Middle East. It's not pretty. Pablo came up with the name. If you'd like to see more images as well as the initial design George approved, I'll post it.

4. I'm COMPLETELY cool with people who don't dig the figure.But he does have a fan base. I'm seeing him pop up all over Google in everything from 501st members making the armor to customs (3 3/4 figures to Legos). So the "exclusive" will be low numbered but should also be available in limited numbers to Non-attendees.

Lastly, IrishJedi, dude, I have NO idea what I did to wrong you and to have you call me a "bad human being" but you really should contact me about it. I haven't a clue what it's about. drop me an email, [email protected] so we can clear this up.

There you go

After Bolla Ropal's death, Ganch was transferred to Jedi Master Keelyvine Reus (also designed/co-created by me). This was a SWG6 Base card for Topps.

topps_sw_galaxy_6_base_card_by_hodges_art-d3a41yh.jpg

I might have to get two of these. Looking at my Phase I crew, he'd look perfect next to Cody, Rex and Bly. Since I'm starting off the Phase II with Bacara, I think when I nab another Cody, Bly and the eventual Phase II Rex, he'd look great in there.

Decisions. I hate them.

I might have to get two of these. Looking at my Phase I crew, he'd look perfect next to Cody, Rex and Bly. Since I'm starting off the Phase II with Bacara, I think when I nab another Cody, Bly and the eventual Phase II Rex, he'd look great in there.

Decisions. I hate them.

I change my Clones about every other month or so. Face on, Phase 1, Phase 2 (if they have them). Why not just move them around like that? Saves money and room.

He needs troopers as well, now.

Get on that, Tom!

:)

LOL, Yea, I thought about that. There was a couple of distinct Clones he had with him in Season 2 in the beginning of the Story. Season 3, his story revolved around what was happening inside of an RSO club on Coruscant (Rex and Cody were there as well).

I've decided to get one of these clones to support Tom. I really dig his unhelmeted portrait and the way his guns are on his chest.

LOL, Yea, I thought about that. There was a couple of distinct Clones he had with him in Season 2 in the beginning of the Story. Season 3, his story revolved around what was happening inside of an RSO club on Coruscant (Rex and Cody were there as well).

Hescommander of like the 612th? Is this a division you were fleshing out as well, or did they tell you that was where he was from? Basically , got any info on his troops, their specialties, etc...

Not a bad design and the portrait looks pretty good. I'm afraid this one will be a pain to get at a reasonnable price overseas though.

Back