1/6th imperial troop transport

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HPIM0754.jpg

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

:lol...................thanks everyone

running into a bit of a pod painting problem...........(triple play on letter.....:panic:)

the paint i used is putting pinholes into the paint & frankly...........looks like ____....:mad:

so now im having to go back & strip/sand some of them...........:cuss:cuss:cuss

it's just so humid here where i live & thats the only thing i can think of thats causing this because its the same paint i used before..........:dunno

I can't remember if you're U.K based barryo , but if you are , check out Halfords "Filler Primer " spray can . I got some for my Emperors Throne project and although it wasn't suitable for that particular job , it's an excellent base coat .( It sounds like it could be a reaction with the actual resin that was used in the casting , I experienced similar problems when I used to build resin kits ).

I can't remember if you're U.K based barryo , but if you are , check out Halfords "Filler Primer " spray can . I got some for my Emperors Throne project and although it wasn't suitable for that particular job , it's an excellent base coat .( It sounds like it could be a reaction with the actual resin that was used in the casting , I experienced similar problems when I used to build resin kits ).

hey TG........no im in the U.S. but the thing is the gray primer i used had no problems at all............it was just the gray paint that had the problem. whatever is in the resin wouldnt leech through the primer would it?.....:horror........(i dont believe this to be so but........:dunno).......im going to wait for a relative low humidity day & try again.........but i live in florida......:gah:...........and we are getting hammered by rain right now...........:gah::gah:

It certainly could be the humidity. Paint will fisheye and pinhole not only when there are contaminants on the surface, but also if the surface is not prepped.
It could simply be the humidity, causing small moisture pockets on the surface
These anomalies are usually worse and more persistent the larger the item being sprayed.
Doing fiberglass work, we use a heat lamp on smaller projects to warm the parts up and hinder moisture collection. I try to do this if I am painting small parts, too. Paint just flows better when it is warm and dry.

You probably already knew all of this, but I felt chatty today, LOL.

It certainly could be the humidity. Paint will fisheye and pinhole not only when there are contaminants on the surface, but also if the surface is not prepped.It could simply be the humidity, causing small moisture pockets on the surface
These anomalies are usually worse and more persistent the larger the item being sprayed.
Doing fiberglass work, we use a heat lamp on smaller projects to warm the parts up and hinder moisture collection. I try to do this if I am painting small parts, too. Paint just flows better when it is warm and dry.

You probably already knew all of this, but I felt chatty today, LOL.

yea i sanded the original primer, took a compressor nozzle to it to blow off the dust & then cleaned/wiped it with actenone on a rag..........let sit for 30 minutes & painted..............:dunno

i might build me a cheap painter's box with an exhaust fan on one end & a heat source on the other.

:lol..........chat away, never hurts to throw out ideas & sharing knowledge...:)

Man I can't wait to see your next update pics.The pods just in place like that alone make the whole vehicle pop out at you.

It looks so damn good and pristine. Will you keep it like that or weather it like its seen combat?

:tap

Still waiting..... Morning Barry.... :wave
believe it or not i have been working on it. hoping to get the doors mounted & the pods glued in place this weekend........:panic:
It looks so damn good and pristine. Will you keep it like that or weather it like its seen combat?

andy i'm going to keep it new for a while and eventually weather it up like its been desert battles.........:yess:

No rush! Just giving you grief. :D This just happens to be the custom I enjoy following the most at the moment. :yess:

well thank you for the grief sir.........:1-1:

hey wait a minute........why you........:cuss

:lol........im actually looking forward to this damn thing being done. it's been a PITA........:lecture

yea i have thought about that too but the only real place i have to paint is outside............my wife frowns upon me spray painting in the kitchen......(damn her....:mad:)........j/k.....:lol

but i did redo the paint that got pitted. i just waited for a dryer day & bought a new can of paint just in case the other was bad & it turned out fine.

and thanks swsqueakquels it's been a trip..........but im in the home stretch now. doors & pods are on.....:yess:
just need to put the rear door on, touch up some paintwork, & put some decals from evilface on once they get here.
a few more shots..........look.......no tape.........:panic:
HPIM0847.jpg

HPIM0848.jpg

HPIM0849.jpg

Haha - looks like Lincoln Burrows from Prison Break is headed back to the slammer (impersonating an officer added to his sentence.)

Absolutely stunning work, and the best part is - YOU FINISHED IT! A rare feat in the world of customizers.

:lol..........i liked his mean look for an imp.

well not quite finished but almost....:thud:

Back