1/6th Hot Toys The Last Jedi Poe Dameron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is Rian Johnson's writing. Pretty sure Disney has nothing to do with such "insignificant" plot details.

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

But they're all such "Huge" Star Wars fans ! They know what they're doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely they had the last say on how the story was told / written? But agreed, Johnson is just as guilty.

Nope. The Lucasfilm entity, like the Marvel entity, is run separate from Disney. Disney's only say is on really major "hey this is really bad for the brand" stuff. Anything people don't like about the new Star Wars movies is all down to the writers, directors, and executives of Lucasfilm - not Disney, as much as people like to blame them.

Surely they had the last say on how the story was told / written? But agreed, Johnson is just as guilty.
Yeah, for the main story. But killing Ackbar was a small detail. The kind of detail Disney doesn't care about.

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

Nope. The Lucasfilm entity, like the Marvel entity, is run separate from Disney. Disney's only say is on really major "hey this is really bad for the brand" stuff. Anything people don't like about the new Star Wars movies is all down to the writers, directors, and executives of Lucasfilm - not Disney, as much as people like to blame them.

Who do they have in charge of making the “hey this is really bad for the brand” stuff??? 😂 Because whoever it is they need to be fired like 5 years ago!

I don’t understand why people don’t get this concept. There are so many “hate Disney” posts and it’s all directed at the wrong people. Disney’s main involvement has been to give us the opportunity for new Star Wars material.
The content and structure of that material lies solely at Lucasfilm’s door, and in particular the story group and KK.

The way Ackbars character was just snuffed out like that was lodricous and insulting to say the least. Mickey Mouse really did show the finger to us SW fans numerous times in TLJ.
Disney has nothing to do the writing of Star Wars, Lucasfilm is a separate entity that Disney really doesn't get any creative say in. As for Ackbar he really was only in TFA as a small nod to fans and because of his meme status. He was not "snuffed out" at all. The film is about failure and loss and showing how actions such as Poe's plan to keep fighting, has consequences. Regardless I don't know how a thread over a figure from The Force Awakens became yet another toxic lake of complaints (probably because its Star Wars and fans always have to complain) Also what is "lodicrous"?

Disney has nothing to do the writing of Star Wars, Lucasfilm is a separate entity that Disney really doesn't get any creative say in. As for Ackbar he really was only in TFA as a small nod to fans and because of his meme status. He was not "snuffed out" at all. The film is about failure and loss and showing how actions such as Poe's plan to keep fighting, has consequences. Regardless I don't know how a thread over a figure from The Force Awakens became yet another toxic lake of complaints (probably because its Star Wars and fans always have to complain) Also what is "lodicrous"?

In fairness Ackbar really is more a meme than a character...he is really not an essential character...are we supposed to care about General Madine's noble death or Nien Numb's death, or all of the other background Generals who have action figures too...the only difference between Ackbar and the other background characters is that he has a funny meme...nothing to do with the actual role that the background character plays in the few minutes of screen time that he gets in ROTJ.

Ackbar is a massive part of Star Wars. A hero of the rebellion who millions of kids grew up acting out numerous adventures with.

None of these new ST characters will get near to his level of fan devotion.

Ackbar is a massive part of Star Wars. A hero of the rebellion who millions of kids grew up acting out numerous adventures with.

None of these new ST characters will get near to his level of fan devotion.

Lmao what? Ackbar has always basically just been known for the "It's a trap!" line which became a joke/meme. He was never a big character, nor did I ever heard anyone once say "Ackbar is my one of my favorite characters" while growing up. He was essentially put into the ST as a nod by JJ. And if you're one of the people who thinks he should have been the one to do the suicide, take 10 seconds to think about the scene in question and his name. That would not blow over well.

You don't have to like the ST or the characters, but acting like Ackbar was ever actually a popular character or anything more than a joke is pretty silly. The lengths some of you guys will go is hilarious.

Lmao what? Ackbar has always basically just been known for the "It's a trap!" line which became a joke/meme. He was never a big character, nor did I ever heard anyone once say "Ackbar is my one of my favorite characters" while growing up. He was essentially put into the ST as a nod by JJ. And if you're one of the people who thinks he should have been the one to do the suicide, take 10 seconds to think about the scene in question and his name. That would not blow over well.

You don't have to like the ST or the characters, but acting like Ackbar was ever actually a popular character or anything more than a joke is pretty silly. The lengths some of you guys will go is hilarious.

How old are you?

Not a slur or anything, just wondering if you fall into the 40-50 age catagory.

I would rate Squid Head, Weequay, Cloud Car Pilot and 2-1B ahead of any sequal trilogy character if that helps.

I always thought Ackbar was fantastic as a kid. Nothing to do with the trap line.

Entertaining banter, what I'll add is that Sideshow did do a life size bust of Akbar, which I'd pay handsomely for if I could ever find one on the secondary market....

Ackbar is a hero...a legend really. He deserves his own spinoff series....

He was disrespected and humiliated by Disney. Honestly anyone can see this was a clear case of anti crustacean racism.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

My friends and I spent every afternoon in the summer playing our backyard adventures taking turns being Ree Yees, Lobot, 4-Lom, and most importantly the greatest hero of the Rebellion of all...General Madine! As a result of our detailed backyard storylines and the fact that these were all our favorite Kenner figures growing up these are factually the most important and essential characters in the Star Wars Universe...the fact that JJ and Ruin Johnson did not read my 6 year old mind, figure this out, and then build the sequel trilogy around these characters shows how much they hate the fans.

My friends and I spent every afternoon in the summer playing our backyard adventures taking turns being Ree Yees, Lobot, 4-Lom, and most importantly the greatest hero of the Rebellion of all...General Madine! As a result of our detailed backyard storylines and the fact that these were all our favorite Kenner figures growing up these are factually the most important and essential characters in the Star Wars Universe...the fact that JJ and Ruin Johnson did not read my 6 year old mind, figure this out, and then build the sequel trilogy around these characters shows how much they hate the fans.

:rotfl This almost made me spit out my tea from laughing so hard.

Back