1/6th Hot Toys The Last Jedi Poe Dameron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Party pooper :lol

I thought you were serious and it confirmed Poe in flight suit in TROS.

Though there hasn't been a huge amount released, to my knowledge there have been no TROS merchandsiing images that have shown Poe in flight suit.

He must be surely on the way ! He's be considered one of the new big 3 right.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd THINK. It's the thing that has never made sense to me. What is holding this figure out? Sure the proto they showed... 2 years ago now?... wasn't perfect. But I thought they could improve it. We're nearly at the end of this trilogy and still nothing.

Though there hasn't been a huge amount released, to my knowledge there have been no TROS merchandsiing images that have shown Poe in flight suit.

The Vintage Collection Poe figure depicts Poe in front of his new X-wing, as well as the Vintage Collection toy of that X-Wing. I mean, I assume it's new and not a flashback since the toy is made to fit R2 and BB8. So I'm assuming we see Poe suit up for at least part of the movie.

poepackaged.jpg

No I only meant this wallposter. There have been other pics of him like JonWes has shown. Could have been others too I think.

But I'm sure they are just waiting for the hype to build to max, Christmas etc etc. But I do agree a character like this shouldn't need much hype for sales, still I guess HT are after new customers who might see their stuff when looking for Star Wars stuff when a film comes out. ??? Dunno

You'd THINK. It's the thing that has never made sense to me. What is holding this figure out? Sure the proto they showed... 2 years ago now?... wasn't perfect. But I thought they could improve it. We're nearly at the end of this trilogy and still nothing.

The Vintage Collection Poe figure depicts Poe in front of his new X-wing, as well as the Vintage Collection toy of that X-Wing. I mean, I assume it's new and not a flashback since the toy is made to fit R2 and BB8. So I'm assuming we see Poe suit up for at least part of the movie.

View attachment 467847

Thanks! Those both look cool - and together.

The TROS logo fits pretty nicely in that logo frame - RO and TLJ just really didn't quite look right from a graphic design perspective.

Maybe his flying skills became too sophisticated to handle by a single droid.

Flying with two droids?

Maybe it just means one at a time. Or that the tooling has been altered so the x wing can fit either.
It could also mean someone else flies an X-wing with R2 in the astromech slot. Maybe Rey.
Or maybe BB8 gets destroyed and Poe gets R2, lol.

Maybe his flying skills became too sophisticated to handle by a single droid.

I'll take the more cynical approach and say JJ copped too much flak for having R2 stay under a tarp the whole Ep7. So now both BB & R2 are coming along for the ride.....literally.

Poe probably still has a slight chance but I think they would have made him by now if they were going to. Kylo and Rey being absent at Force Friday has to be a cause for concern. HT might be waiting to see how TROS is received before making any more ST figures.

Poe probably still has a slight chance but I think they would have made him by now if they were going to. Kylo and Rey being absent at Force Friday has to be a cause for concern. HT might be waiting to see how TROS is received before making any more ST figures.

Were Kylo and Rey shown before TLJ was in theatres? I can't remember. Their looks so far aren't that much of a change. Disney probably wants them made but I think I'll wait for the film to see if there are any new looks for them.

Were Kylo and Rey shown before TLJ was in theatres? I can't remember. Their looks so far aren't that much of a change. Disney probably wants them made but I think I'll wait for the film to see if there are any new looks for them.

Yeah I would still be surprised if Kylo and Rey aren't made, especially since their costumes are very similar to what has already been done as you pointed out. Still it's strange that they weren't shown on Friday for the same reasons.

Maybe headsculpts aren't ready yet and they are in no hurry since they are not much different than previous movies. Or they are holding the figures to avoid spoilers.

I can see HT waiting until the final trailer dops next month. They'll need the assistance of all the hype they can get this time around.

Right. They probably didn't want to overshadow the Mando and IG-11 so they have plenty of time still. Especially when their figures aren't coming out until most likely 1st Qtr 2021.

But it's a foregone conclusion that Rey and Kylo will be absolutely made. Anybody who thinks otherwise is just worrying themselves over nothing.

It's so surprising they never changed Rey's look from film to film - Luke had such distinctly different looks (at least five iconic looks) that often symbolized his character journey in the OT. It was always cool to see him emerge in a different look.

Rey wears slight variations of the exact same thing and never even temporarily gets into gear like pilot jumpsuit or protective suit of some kind. Maybe it has something to do with the timeframe of the ST but it to me also demonstrates uncertainty regarding her character journey on the part of the filmmakers.

I also wonder if that fighter is to scale. Doesn't look much bigger than a Jedi Starfighter...

The all new Vintage Collection T-70 is not to full 3.75" scale, but about the same length as the big T-65 (Saga, Legacy, TVC, etc.) and a good compromise size. Very few vehicles have been to actual 3.75" scale.

The box art makes it look kind of small, but it is significantly bigger than any of the Jedi Starfighter vehicles they've made.

The droid socket is cleverly designed to fit both BB and R Series droids.

It's so surprising they never changed Rey's look from film to film - Luke had such distinctly different looks (at least five iconic looks) that often symbolized his character journey in the OT. It was always cool to see him emerge in a different look.

Rey wears slight variations of the exact same thing and never even temporarily gets into gear like pilot jumpsuit or protective suit of some kind. Maybe it has something to do with the timeframe of the ST but it to me also demonstrates uncertainty regarding her character journey on the part of the filmmakers.

Pretty tough to have any sort of coherent continuation when you have no overall plan/leadership whatsoever and different directors with entirely different agendas running one film into the next.

"Let the past die, kill it if you have to"

Wait....what we really meant was...

"No ones ever really gone"

The all new Vintage Collection T-70 is not to full 3.75" scale, but about the same length as the big T-65 (Saga, Legacy, TVC, etc.) and a good compromise size. Very few vehicles have been to actual 3.75" scale.

The box art makes it look kind of small, but it is significantly bigger than any of the Jedi Starfighter vehicles they've made.

The droid socket is cleverly designed to fit both BB and R Series droids.

Apologies.
The wording of my post was not what i meant, lol.
What i meant was "I wonder if that fighter is in proportion", meaning, although the fighter might be a bit too small, it might be a decent reference if it's properly in proportion.

I think Rey's costume similarities in IX to her costume in TFA is because of them using the footage of Carrie Fisher that wasn't used in TFA. It likely made things easier editing wise to give Rey a costume similar to her Jakku costume rather than trying to tweak her costume/hair etc as well as Carrie's. It could be done, of course, but I wouldn't mind betting there was a discussion of "How can we make this cheaper/easier on ourselves?"

Back