1/6th Greedo and Cantina set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should. As in sitting on Hastings, waiting for them to post it up for sale.

Yup the green guy is a prime figure for hastings goodness, I don't see him selling as well as other figures in this line. Hastings will have him for $60 - $45 in a year... unless you cannot live without that awesome Solo poster. :lol

Apparently he should have asked for some clarification because he obviously can't read what I posted. I called B.S. to it being on Gift Card status, I didn't call anyone a liar though there are certain members of this forum that are.

Apparently he should have asked for some clarification because he obviously can't read what I posted. I called B.S. to it being on Gift Card status, I didn't call anyone a liar though there are certain members of this forum that are.

Nobody said it was. :lol :exactly:

still don't see why the environment shipping before the figure is a grounds for mass cancellations, but yeah.:rolleyes:

It is not. I don't pretend to know for sure, but the only thing I can figure is that those who are cancelling and blaming it on Greedo not shipping with or before it just have some other reason for not being able to get it and are too embarrassed to admit the truth.

Like, maybe they are not very good money managers and maxed out ther credit cards or they don't have jobs and their moms kicked them out of the house and stopped paying for their Sideshow stuff for them.

I don't know for sure, but some of these other things just seem to be a lot more reasonable than "Greedo didn't ship first".(Does anyone see what I did there?)

I dunno (ignoring the gaggy joke). Seeing as how the set is supposed to enhance the display, it's kinda less appealing without the figure. I can see why people would cancel with it coming first, vs. it being an impulse buy for people who already have both Greedo and Han who'd want to pose the shootout. There's no pressure to own it. Like Palpatine's throne, Sideshow should've held onto this until after Greedo shipped. This is a sad trend that will continue to push these things to the GC list.

In some cases its probably an excuse and in others its smart shopping. 90% this is going on GC so why pay full price to have it with no one to sit in but solo Han?

see. that's starting to be a problem. too many people are waiting for everything to go on gift card list or gohastings. the GC list is essentially Sideshow giving stuff for free or taking a loss. i wonder how much that affects these price increases we keep seeing on everything. i like free stuff as much as the next guy but i think sideshow gives out too much free stuff throughout the year. and then every time they unveil a new product, it's $5 more than last time.

see. that's starting to be a problem. too many people are waiting for everything to go on gift card list or gohastings. the GC list is essentially Sideshow giving stuff for free or taking a loss. i wonder how much that affects these price increases we keep seeing on everything. i like free stuff as much as the next guy but i think sideshow gives out too much free stuff throughout the year. and then every time they unveil a new product, it's $5 more than last time.

The GC list is still a profit considering most GCs are in the $10-$25 range and Sideshow still gets wholesale payment for Hastings stuff. That said, I get what you're saying. But making decisions like releasing a throne before the emperor, cantina set before Greedo and the new Mummy PF don't help matters either.

Maybe that should tell them something, that they are charging too much for this stuff. Back when figures were in the $50-$60 range they sold more, had higher edition sizes, collectors were more completionists and more likely to pick up expansion packs to go with them. Figures are twice that now and environments are soaring. Elitists love to brag about their opulence but the simple fact is most people here probably can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars a month on toys when they have other financial obligations like their families to support. It does pay to shop for good bargains on this stuff. If you wait you can usually get them for significantly less and still have more money to spend on other things. Only impulsive fools are going to pay full price for most of this stuff when the value depreciates they will sell for a loss. See it happen all the time on this board, Freaks selling off their new stuff only a few months later to pay for their newest purchase.

Maybe that should tell them something, that they are charging too much for this stuff. Back when figures were in the $50-$60 range they sold more, had higher edition sizes, collectors were more completionists and more likely to pick up expansion packs to go with them. Figures are twice that now and environments are soaring. Elitists love to brag about their opulence but the simple fact is most people here probably can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars a month on toys when they have other financial obligations like their families to support. It does pay to shop for good bargains on this stuff. If you wait you can usually get them for significantly less and still have more money to spend on other things. Only impulsive fools are going to pay full price for most of this stuff when the value depreciates they will sell for a loss. See it happen all the time on this board, Freaks selling off their new stuff only a few months later to pay for their newest purchase.
yes and sideshow should be doing what they can to keep prices down. unfortantely they are way too quick to GC an item so people have come to expect that as the norm. i still can't believe they are charging more for the new Joe environment when they haven't sold out the last one and it's essentially the exact same environment. i'm surprised the Hammerhead Nook didn't get a price increase as well.

Paying $50 for figures was awesome. But then you had people comparing $50 figure to $150 Medicom figures and then $150 Hot Toys figures and that is where we are today.

The thing is, if Sideshow kept charging $50 for their figures, I'm pretty sure that they'd only be able to afford to keep giving us $50 figures. Since the prices have begun to rise, we've seen a notable increase in complexity -- from the introduction of the Prometheus and armored figure bodies, to the recent revelation of special bodies developed for the likes of Yoda, Hammerhead, Gammy, IG-88, and, soon enough, Battle Droids, Artoo and Threepio, etc., etc., ad (I hope) infinitum.

I choose to see the money I spend on Sideshow's Star Wars figs as a sort of symbiotic business agreement. I may occasionally spend what some would consider to be too much for a certain figure. But I'm fairly confident that Sideshow is taking my money and using it to develop even more outstanding figures for the future of my collection. So I'm okay with it.

If that translates to me being an "impulsive fool" in someone's book, I can live with that. I'll console myself with the knowledge that my money is contributing to the eventual development of characters I've anticipated since the line was announced.

When they're finally released, maybe those who choose to wait for the prices to drop rather than supporting Sideshow's growth might consider thanking people like myself for our foolhardy expenditures. :wave

The GC list is still a profit considering most GCs are in the $10-$25 range and Sideshow still gets wholesale payment for Hastings stuff. That said, I get what you're saying. But making decisions like releasing a throne before the emperor, cantina set before Greedo and the new Mummy PF don't help matters either.

:goodpost::exactly:

Maybe they should look closer at the items that go on GC and that people wait for and sto making those items?? Just a thought

And on that polystone stuff I think their margin is enormous, the regular sales are gravy and they count on the GC prices

Back