1/6th Greedo and Cantina set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, Star Wars is all about Aliens and SS has delivered again with Greedo. Unlike the Stormtroopers and Clones which suffer from the floppy body syndrome, I think Greedo should be okay in that department because it will definitely not be using the armored body as a base! Even then, floppy body or not, I got to have this figure. At most, I will use the Medicom "transparent" figure stand.

100% on board with the figure and the environment. When it comes to SS 1/6, I'm a completist and to quote Queen:

"I want it all and I want it now!":woo

Even then, floppy body or not, I got to have this figure.

Depending on what scene you want to recreate the floppy body might work just fine. :gun

Greedos_demise.jpg

Depending on what scene you want to recreate the floppy body might work just fine. :gun

Greedos_demise.jpg

:lol:rotfl:lol Funny...

The 1/6 environments might take up space but they add sooooooooooooooo much to a 1/6 displayed collection. Love the direction that SSC is going with each announcement and I hope that they keep it up.

I would love if they started to do more environmental bases like they did with Darth Anakin and Hot Toys has been doing more and more with their figures. Not every figure needs it as the environments tied to them aren't anything special, like a Star Destroyer floor for Piett wouldn't be all the big a deal, but like Dagobah swamp for a Yoda or any sort of terrain for figures that interacting with interesting environments would be cool, even like Lando if they had a grated floor with an orange glow painted between the slits, that could have looked really neat.

I would love if they started to do more environmental bases like they did with Darth Anakin and Hot Toys has been doing more and more with their figures. Not every figure needs it as the environments tied to them aren't anything special, like a Star Destroyer floor for Piett wouldn't be all the big a deal, but like Dagobah swamp for a Yoda or any sort of terrain for figures that interacting with interesting environments would be cool, even like Lando if they had a grated floor with an orange glow painted between the slits, that could have looked really neat.

Couldn't agree more. I LOVE the base that came with Anakin. I hope they do more bases as you've described!

100% on board with the figure and the environment. When it comes to SS 1/6, I'm a completist and to quote Queen:

"I want it all and I want it now!":woo

The Environments are where I pretty much draw the line. I own every SW 1:6 figure SS has put out thus far for SW and Indy but with already investing in 12-14 1:6 figures a year this is enough strain on the wallet . I do think the environments are pretty sweet and will break down and get one depending on funds and what it is but I'm not going for the environment is the exclusive for this peice like they did iwth Thrawn , Belloq and Toht, as cool as they were I wasn't dropping another 75-150
dollars

Don't get me worng as a said before I think they are cool and there are a few I plunked down $$$ for like Jabbas Thrown, and Palpys Throne which I feel are part of the Character but the Idol Chamber, Arc , fridge , Thrawns command chair and the Greedo environment are just fluff too me . I even passed on the Carbonite Block last year and Thrawn was the first SS Exclusive that I missed . Ona day I may get the Carbonit Block and the Thrawn looks awsome with the chair but It becomes overkill when you have Palpy and I just don't have the room.

The Environments are where I pretty much draw the line. I own every SW 1:6 figure SS has put out thus far for SW and Indy but with already investing in 12-14 1:6 figures a year this is enough strain on the wallet . I do think the environments are pretty sweet and will break down and get one depending on funds and what it is but I'm not going for the environment is the exclusive for this peice like they did iwth Thrawn , Belloq and Toht, as cool as they were I wasn't dropping another 75-150
dollars

Don't get me worng as a said before I think they are cool and there are a few I plunked down $$$ for like Jabbas Thrown, and Palpys Throne which I feel are part of the Character but the Idol Chamber, Arc , fridge , Thrawns command chair and the Greedo environment are just fluff too me . I even passed on the Carbonite Block last year and Thrawn was the first SS Exclusive that I missed . Ona day I may get the Carbonit Block and the Thrawn looks awsome with the chair but It becomes overkill when you have Palpy and I just don't have the room.

If I collected other lines, I'd probably be in the same boat but just limiting myself to Star Wars 1:6 allows for me to get those environments. I hate saying no...lol

If the environments were plastic and inexpensive, I would love them. But they're made of expensive, fragile polystone. In the case of Jabba's throne, $200 was a little expensive, but it's huge and impressive looking, so it didn't seem that bad. But $85 for Indy's refrigerator? $140 for the Emperor's throne? It's outrageous IMHO.

If the environments were plastic and inexpensive, I would love them. But they're made of expensive, fragile polystone. In the case of Jabba's throne, $200 was a little expensive, but it's huge and impressive looking, so it didn't seem that bad. But $85 for Indy's refrigerator? $140 for the Emperor's throne? It's outrageous IMHO.

I cancelled the KOTCS fridge for that very reason-- However, most are quite impressive and add a great deal to any 1/6 display. I love the Han in carbonite to go along with Jabba's throne-- and I even have to admit that the Alpha Station Reactor impressed me despite my earlier concerns...

I'd love for multiple parts of the cantina to be released as environments, and obviously my greatest wish for this SSC SW 1/6 line is for there to eventually be a 1/6 MF c_ockpit (a la phenomenal work by Dorgs....).

I kept my Thrawn Exc. (through flexpay so he hasn't arrived yet) and I can't wait to use that in my Empire display... When the Emperor finally ships I'll just have to make sure that I have two Empire displays. :emperor:D

I like seeing the environments, but I'm being selective and only buying personal "must haves".

This doesn't quite do it for me, but Greedo is a definite purchase :rock

I like seeing the environments, but I'm being selective and only buying personal "must haves".

This doesn't quite do it for me, but Greedo is a definite purchase :rock

Same here ! It looks like they are handling Greedo the same way as Palpy with a Ex and Reg Greedo and the Evironment seperate. I want the EX version of Greedo whatever the EX is as long as its not a Jabba turd or soemthing along those lines.

Back