1/6th Figure Costs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has eliminated the "completist" in me. I've passed on figure offerings from every line except for The Dead whose prices have been more stable, even though you can find posts of mine that claim to be a completist no matter what.

Yeah the Completist in me has definitely died. Good thing too, I'm much happy with keeping the figures I want in the line and not just collecting anything and everything... More room on the shelf too. But the price keeps going up all the time, with every release which is the big concern for me.

Almost dying and currently being raped by the health care system has caused me to cut back dramatically. That coupled with the rising costs is doing me no favors. I have plans to stay collecting but only time will tell.

I thought doctors were supposed to relieve pain, not help to inflict it. No wonder they call it the hypercritic oath. :lol Okay, it wasn't that funny.

So we still want to pay less but receive more. We like to think we have control over our environment, but we know we never have, never will. The only thing we are able to control is our will, our want, and our wont. Most people here have a considerable lack of wont practice. It's something we shy away from, hoping it will never be needed. Comes a time when the power of wont has to be exercised, as opposed to exorcised. Without proper training, we are likely to have a bumpy ride, and we just ran out of bitumen. (asphalt)

Truth of the matter for me is, it has never made any impact on me whatsoever, the state of the economy. Whether it be good or bad economic times, nothing changes for me. I have a budget. I stay within it's limits. If figures are cheap, I buy more. When they become expensive, I buy less.

Seeing how the rising costs of gas, groceries, and clothes have been recently has seriously forced me to cut back on my collecting, even to the point of just giving up on a few lines. I already sold my Dead collection in order to have room for more of my other favorite lines, such as SW, LOTR, and now the upcoming Indy line.

As far as PF's, I've already come to terms that I will have to pick and choose what I want and not get every single PF in the line-- except Marvel. Every PF produced in that line has been a masterpiece, and I would gladly give up any SW or LOTR PF in order for me to obtain another Marvel PF.

Do you guys think the higher retail costs of more recent SW figures will be reflected in their aftermarket prices?

You can get a lot of the older 12" figures for about $25-30 if you look. Will the newer figs go all the way down to $25-30 or will they go down to a similar percentage? Ie, 50% like the older ones. about $35-40?

I personally am reaching the end of the line. It's getting too expensive and I really want to shrink down my collection.
I'm just waiting for the following and then I'm done...at least for a while

SS Indy
SS Henry Jones Sr. (or maybe Medicom's)
SS Vader
SS R2 and 3PO (or Medicom's)
SS Chewie
HT Joker
HT Dutch P1
HT Pred 1
Medi Royal Guards
Enterbay Bruce Lee (ETD Version A)

maybe: