1/6th Dengar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....I think I just took a huge step in starting my Dengar project.....I was able to score some Stormtrooper Armor parts....:D

Hey Danny, same here. The reason for no updates this week is because I was able to score some armor from Toy Anxiety. I was able to secure leg, arm and cod pieces.

Looking forward to seeing some of your pics once you get going on yours.

Chris

...Yepp they (Toy Anxiety) did it for me too....:rotfl
The prices were pretty good aswell....almost took more then I would need...LOL

Well, I never was happy with the Hasbro armor. I was able to score som parts from Toy Anxiety, and I began to assemble Dengar again. I pretty much have started over.

I am trying to get the armor to look like this:

dengar.jpg

Here is what its going to look like...
dengar21.jpg

dengar20.jpg

I am going to chop off more of the arm armor to make it work with the gloves.

I also need to dremmel the lower leg armor and add the "diamond" knee guards. I also need to add ankle wraps. The problem I am seeing is going to be how to do the shoes.

And after seeing bidufarewell's Dengar, I am redoing the head.

Chris

Chris, your armour is putting my hasbro stuff to shame!! It looks class. I covered the the original hasbro boots with a very thin suede material and I'm in the process of sewing them up now and I'm going to add a sole. I'll let you know how they turn out! Keep up the great work!

I've had a Dengar on the bench for a couple of years , not really ready to " commit" , but after seeing how you are doing , I think it's time to jump in ! ( Especially as Toy Anxiety are selling Trooper armour ). Keep up the good work , ( then I can nick all your best ideas!) :D

I did some work on Dengar today. I painted all the armor and then gave it a black wash. I had to dremel down the forearm armor to get it to fit inside the gloves, I still need to paint the gloves.

The shin armor was bashed. I took a dremmel to the tops of the Stormy armor and then glued the knee guards from the Hasbro armor to the Stormy armor.

dengar32.jpg

dengar31.jpg

dengar30.jpg

The bodysuit is pretty thick. I had to cut out and slim up the bodysuit in the lower legs and wrist areas.

Next will be shin straps, belt and holster pouches.

I am almost embarrased at my first attempt of Dengar, glad you guys gave me some good ideas and motivated me to do better. Thanks!! :D

Last edited:
Well, I never was happy with the Hasbro armor. I was able to score som parts from Toy Anxiety, and I began to assemble Dengar again. I pretty much have started over.

One thing that will help is trimming the shoulder armour, since the shape is off to make room to tie it on, I did is on my Storm trooper mod I was working on before you you got me all distracted with your skiff guards.:lol

I copied the shape from movie shots and SS parts but should point out this looks better if the figure has narrower shoulders than a Hasbro figure, though for Dengar it shouldn't matter as much as a Stormtrooper..

dscf4670u.jpg

dscf4678.jpg

Thanks Mark.

Well, maybe someday I can get all of these guys done. As for now...

bounty.jpg

Those look great together... I especially like Bossk and Dengar

only it seems that Vader was a little too "disturbed by their lack of faith"... :lol

nice work Chaka, can't wait to see more

uhhhhh YEAH...I really want them all together one day...basically missing in my collection is Mr. Fett!!!
I reworked Zuckuss,4-LOM and IG-88....Now I need to work on rest of the scum.
Hmmmmmmmmmmm I am wondering what you have planned for the backpack???

The reason I started with Zuckuss and 4-LOm was that I believe that they dont get enough love....BTW...both of them were pretty easy to rework and Hasbro did a great Job with these Figures.

Dengar and especially Bossk are a challenge...but one day I will start reworking them....

..and I really need to get me a Fett,and I hope Sideshow will release one!!!

Lookin' good Chakaman ! Toy Anxiety didn't have any Stormey arm or shin armour , so I thought I'd experiment with slimming down the original Hasbro armour and so far so good . For the forearms I simply removed a section ( about 7mm ) and added a strip of styrene to cover the join . No pics yet as I'm not 100% decided which body I'm using .:D

Yeah TG, I think TA had a run on stormy armor this week. :D

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your Dengar!

I am hoping to work on Dengar some more tonight/this weekend. Hopefully the wife's "to-do" list is not too long.

Small update today. I added belt, holster, side pouch and shin armor straps today. Made all the belts and straps out of leather strips and then painted them off grey/beige. The brownish pouch is from Hasbro's Snowtrooper. The holster was hand made from leather and the blaster is from Hasbro's Ponda Baba. I plan on weathering lower leg armor and shoes soon then I will start working on the head.

dengar41-1.jpg

Chris

Looks fantastic Chakaman, pouch and holster just fit perfect and the lower leg armour is shaping up great. Strangely my wife's "to-do" list has got longer since I showed her Dorgs website.......she said she doesn't want me to come round here any more :confused:

Back