1/6th Dengar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chakaman

Super Freak
Reaction score
Some very rough, early work in progress pictures of Dengar. This one is going to be a challenge. I didnt like the Hasbro head, so I made my own. I am not sure I like that one either. :D I am still painting the face, just applied some dark washes to give it a base. I probably will do some more face touch ups with some sculpy. Lots of work left on this guy.

I was thinking of maybe using some Stormtrooper armor for the legs, but not sure if it would work. Please, feel free to post any suggestions.

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
personally my biggest problem with the Hasbro is that it doesn't incorporate cloth for the turban.

Looks good Chaka!

And yes I'm pretty sure he uses stormtrooper leg armor, so that should work. Here's a nice pic

250px-Dengar2.JPG

you can see the thighs are definitely stormtrooper, and the shins look like they're 2 left stormtrooper shinplates...

I've had Dengar on my "to do " list for some time now , yours looks like it's coming together nicely . The head wrappings look good and I agree , the head is the area that needs doing from scratch as the Hasbro is far from satisfactory . I plan on using a Dragon head which is a pretty good starting point ( U.S Force Recon "Perry" ). As for the leg armour , had you considered slicing out a section of the Hasbro armour , thus slimming it down ? That's how I plan on doing it .

Shouldn't need to slim down the legs to much, Dengar seemed a little just a little overweight in the films anyhow.

:rotfl

true, very true! He's a cyborg or something, so much of his movement may be mechanical, so he probably doesn't use up a lot of his calories... thus he gets Post-Mechanization Syndrome...

symptoms include, but are not limited to:

-overeating
-mood swings
-irritability

I think he's definitely irritable, he doesn't look so happy in most pictures... you can see he's overating...

Thanks guys. The head-wrappings has been my major focus so far. Next up is the head/face, lots of work to do on that yet.

As I mentioned earlier, he is going to be a challenge.

His armor is a combination of Snowtrooper and stormtrooper armor. I go with those rather than using the stuff the Hasbro 12" came with. Maybe an armored prometheus with stormtrooper armor except for the chest, go with Hasbro Snowtrooper. My 2 cents.

Last edited:
He is looking good, great job on the head wrap, I need to get to that on mine.

I know you said you didn't like the face on the Hasbro version but I did a repaint on mine and I was really happy with it. If you are interested you can see him in my albums on my profile page.

Again great job!

Well, I took the dremmel to Mr. Dengar this afternoon. I really cut down on the size and bulk of all the Hasbro armor. I still need to work on the forearms a bit, they are still too bulky for my tastes.

I seperated the bulky chest armor from the cod piece, I think it looks better. I also cut the back of the shin armor, dremmeled off the plastic looking leg wraps and detached the armor from the rubber feet.

As you can see, nothing really painted. I am just adding bits as I go,

Last edited:
Thanks. When looking up all the info on the costumes for these guys, I think it is funny how many characters use the same armor/pieces.

All these guys I am working on use Hoth Stormtrooper armor, man those Hasbro Hoth troopers sure do come in handy!! :D

Last edited:
Thanks. When looking up all the info on the costumes for these guys, I think it is funny how many characters use the same armor/pieces.

All these guys I am working on use Hoth Stormtrooper armor, man those Hasbro Hoth troopers sure do come in handy!! :D

Yeah, wish I had one, they seem to be pretty expensive these days... on eBay I saw one for $70 BIN... :confused: IMO Hasbro figures are useful, but not "$70" useful!

Maybe I'll find one for cheap someday, or maybe SS will make 'em! C'mon Sideshow, we need more armored figures that aren't just repaints of the EpIII trooper! (212th Utapau, Shocktrooper, 41st Elite Coruscant, apparently 501st now too...:rolleyes:)

I remember reading this on wookiepedia some time back.Seeing your dengar WIP made me think about it since you where redoing the head wrap.I thought I'ld throw this out there on the table as a little suggestion.maybe have a loose piece that could be used as a veil of sorts.

...His facial wrappings served to cover and hide his cybernetic implants and scar tissue. During an assassination he would often cover his mouth and nose, hiding his identity and adding to his intimidating demeanor.

...I see a nice progress there Chris.
Yeah,I feel you when you say that he is going to be a challenge!!!
I do own him and took him apart already,but those Hasbro pieces just wont do it for me....I´ll just have to but him further back on my "to do" list.
I hope that Sideshow will release him or a Snowtrooper,so I can use parts for him that way!!!
Nontheless...I am looking forward how your Dengar turns out!!!

....I think I just took a huge step in starting my Dengar project.....I was able to score some Stormtrooper Armor parts....:D

Back