1/6th bossk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryo

Dealer of Death
Reaction score
okay, new thread with some previous posted pics from waxmurder's thread.
first props to said murderer of wax as for his great casts. although i did re-engineer his take on the ankles that was due to my heavy hands i suppose. you will notice it goes from a pin & slot configuration to a ball & joint set up. but i digress. bossk is a character i just think is badass all the way around and couldn't wait to do my take on him.
breakdown:
waxmurderer's - sculpts of head, arms, shins/feet, gun (fixed gun wm)
body - marmit..........very modified to fit neck reciever & chopped arms & mounted ball joints.
outfit - hasbro bossk, repainted hoses & modified existing vest......(i liked the material) added some front shoulder buckles as well.
belt - gi joe dusty (i think) added a narrow strip of elastic to make a ammo holder & painted, then added some kind of spent casings from a ww2 soldier ammo set that i painted with a silverleaf pen.
arm rings - cut down sprinkler part so i could accommodate the ball joint in the cut down forearms. i didn't originally take pics of this process but willing to do if needed as it is a pretty simple task & works great.
boss1.jpg

boss2.jpg

boss3.jpg

boss4.jpg

boss5.jpg

boss6.jpg

boss7.jpg

boss8.jpg

boss9.jpg

so there he is. anyone thinking of doing a bossk def contact waxmurderer for the sculpts. pretty simple bash honestly, but if you need any help at all with this definitely contact me & i'll help you as best i can.

thanks guys, it was a fun project, slow but fun. props must go to my mama for helping with the modding of the vest. her sewing machine & abilities helped me tons to make it happen so....:woo mom.............:lol

Now I see what you were doing with the ankles. Great solution. I offer a tip of my spiritual hat...PS

That looks amazing Barryo! Props to Wax Murder for the work he put into this, and you did a brilliant job of putting it all together.

What did you do with the vest? I sadly trimmed mine, but threw out the edge pieces before realizing how crappy it looked w/o edges. I really need a vest just like yours.

awsome job!great looking figure
thank ya sir
:rock on Barryo!!!

Awesome job!
thank you too
That looks amazing Barryo! Props to Wax Murder for the work he put into this, and you did a brilliant job of putting it all together.

What did you do with the vest? I sadly trimmed mine, but threw out the edge pieces before realizing how crappy it looked w/o edges. I really need a vest just like yours.

thank you too too......:wink1:

joseph, the vest is the original cut down with a cloth edging trim sewed on. it's trim specifically made for edges like that to hide the ragged edge. i'm sure a fabric shop has them as my mom said they sell it & the one she used came out of a package. but you could do the same thing with an alike material. the nice thing about the store kind is that is doubled up & creased already. that help?

Sweet Barryo, thanks for that. Hopefully my Bossk won't have to continue looking so unsightly :lol

Wish I hadn't wasted so much creative juice on the Hasbro pieces though... what you have just look so much better.

hit up waxm...............i'm sure he still has some or make a set.

Back