1/6 ZCWO x Iminime: Tom Cruise as Maverick from Top Gun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intothevoid

Batmod
Reaction score
https://toyhaven.blogspot.ca/2012/06/incoming-zcwo-iminime-16th-air-force.html

topgun1.jpg

topgun8.jpg

topgun11.jpg

topgun12.jpg

topgun14.jpg

topgun15.jpg

topgun10.jpg

topgun16.jpg

topgun17.jpg

topgun18.jpg

Top Gun was one of my favourite films growing up - will definitely pick this one up!

The head looks a bit old for Tom Cruise from Top Gun though, but that's mostly covered up when posing with the raybans i think.

Was this the project axe was referring to in the Matrix thread? Not really digging the likeness. Maybe like Void says he's just too old looking. Seems like getting the sunglasses to fit well is pretty important for this character.

WELL...after a long time,..I can FINALLY say something that i did not expect to say in an Iminime thread....

"easy PASS"

for me...the movie was cool but not one of those characters that made me say...."wow"....it was just another movie to me....

NOW...if they start going by way of 80's nostaligic characters...then start making CONAN...i'm sure people will come out the woodworks for that one...

we grew up in an era of alot of fantasy movies...i know i did...so my buying habits are closely related to alot of these type movie characters....

i could see people trying to bash this tom cruise headsculpt to use for their own "Jack" from Legend...being that Oscar is making a kick ass 1/6 Darkness already...but OK...enough of my rambling...:)

No no this is not the next iminime project that has been referred to elsewhere

In this project it's just the head provided by iminime, the rest of it and production is ZCWO

Should be cheaper than iminime figures too

:wave

Don't appear to be any plans to change it - it's all in the hands of ZCWO, iminime have simply provided their Tom Cruise sculpt for them to use as they require.

Yes I get that. It is a surprise they went the top gun route rather than the MI:3 route considering the sculpt.

What about that old HT stock body head, wasn't it based on Cruise in Top Gun, hows that look?

I wouldn't mind this figure, use to watch the movie all the time when I was getting my pilot's license. My friend bought it on dvd after I showed it to him on HBO and he watched it like everyday. :lol But yea that head, it's too old and a little rough.

Also anyone know if the bike he rides is available in 1/6?

I think this would have been a must buy for me if say Rainaman had tackled it and gone for pilot outfit with helmet. As it stands the sculpt is nice but wrong era. This movie holds a special place for me as I remember it being one of the very first films I watched with my father.

I think this would have been a must buy for me if say Rainaman had tackled it and gone for pilot outfit with helmet. As it stands the sculpt is nice but wrong era. This movie holds a special place for me as I remember it being one of the very first films I watched with my father.

The thing is this isn't a character I'd ever even consider at a $900-1000 price tag. But for $120, if I can swap the head out it's great.

Ideally I'll probably buy a RM Jack, Travis, and Duke, and that'll be it, the very best most interesting and favorite characters/actors. I just can't keep shelling out a thousand dollars for a figure time and again.

Back