1/6 Wrasslin' Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 WWF Wrasslin' customs - Rob Van Dam

ECW was so awesome, late Saturday nights or Sunday mornings I guess on my couch watching on channel 10. ( I don't know how I remembered that?) That ruled so much!

Yeah, it came on our local TV channel, I think on Wednesday nights though? The first match I recall watching (and taping) was 2 Cold Scorpio and Dean Malenko against Taz and Eddie Guerrero. I knew I was watching something special with Malenko and Guerrero. I got the entire Triple Threat's (Bigalow, Candido, and Shane Douglas) signature on a t-shirt a few years later when ECW had a PPV in New Orleans. 2 of those guys are gone now :(

Yeah, it came on our local TV channel, I think on Wednesday nights though? The first match I recall watching (and taping) was 2 Cold Scorpio and Dean Malenko against Taz and Eddie Guerrero. I knew I was watching something special with Malenko and Guerrero. I got the entire Triple Threat's (Bigalow, Candido, and Shane Douglas) signature on a t-shirt a few years later when ECW had a PPV in New Orleans. 2 of those guys are gone now :(

It was on at 1:00am for me on Sunday but when I watched it, it might of been a repeat or something.

It was never live, and appeared to be sold to local TV affiliates, so I don't think there was any coordinated effort to show it at the same time in different places. It came on at 9 or 10 PM where I lived.

I'll surely let you know if I decide to commit to it, thanks. Where did that sculpt come from? One of the tricky things with Macho Man would be the robe (which is essential IMO). To do it right would take some skill.

Arsyn did the Bret sculpt. He actually based it on the wrestling with shadows documentary, that's why he has that somber-ish look.

Yes, that robe would be tough. If I go through with it (probably not till next year with all the projects I have lined up) I might go with the purple shirt/orange trunks. If I can't get the sculpt modded I'll just go with a late 90's nwo savage which is what the sculpt is based on.

ECW was so awesome, late Saturday nights or Sunday mornings I guess on my couch watching on channel 10. ( I don't know how I remembered that?) That ruled so much!

E-C-W, E-C-W, E-C-W, I'm hearing the chants right now in my head:lol

Thanks brother.

I've seen some really nice ring giants customs (the heads are 1/4 scale and the bodies are 13 inches), but no 1/6 warriors.

Are you planning on putting one together?

Yes i want to try it. I have a spare hottoys t800 body lying around and i've been thinking of using it for an ultimate warrior custom.

Re: 1/6 WWF Wrasslin' customs - Goldberg WIP

Here's a pic of the Hulksters and Austin, painted by Silentsurfer. These are my favorite figures in my collection.

1ehy.jpg

I also love PROTEUS360's work. Here's the pics he sent me pics of the Goldberg he painted up for me. I have the boots, gloves, tights (the one's in the pic will be covered by the tights) and elbow/knee pads ready to go. Can't wait to get this figure in hand:panic:

Now I wish Goldberg would come back to the WWE and spear the living dookie out of Ryback at Wrestlemania:pray:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

So Bret Hart isn't your favorite figure in your collection?? *gasp*

That Hollywood Hogan is too. . .sweeeet ;)

I'm not a Goldberg fan, but no denying that's a great looking figure. Gonna do a Gillberg, too? :D

So Bret Hart isn't your favorite figure in your collection?? *gasp*

That Hollywood Hogan is too. . .sweeeet ;)

I'm not a Goldberg fan, but no denying that's a great looking figure. Gonna do a Gillberg, too? :D

I categorize that Hitman figure as my grail figure, he's the only one that gets that designation :rotfl but Silentsurfer just hit the paintjobs on these guys out of the park that they're real close even though Bret's my all time favorite character in any genre.

@ hogan: Once you're NWO, you're NWO 4 life!

The original head I was thinking of using kinda looked like Gillberg:lol, glad I found this one instead. Did Goldberg actually face off with Gillberg when he got to the WWE?

LOVE this! Bret was was one of my fave wrestlers in the 80s era when i was growing up watching WWF!!

Id love to see your other bret version with the pink tights and black top.

in 1/6 id love to see:

jim neidhart
big boss man
davey boy smith/bulldog
brutus the barber
ulitmate warrior
macho man
sid vicious
bushwackers
legion of doom/road warriors
demonlition
doink the clown
texas tornado
undertaker classic
shawn michaels (white and red pants)
the rockers
papa shango
tatanka
mr perfect
million dollar man
razor ramon

so many, i picked these though because they were among my faves and were colourful characters and woul made great customs i think.

A lot of board artists helped me with this Hitman custom so I thought I'd post it here along with other wrestling bashes I've been working on in case there were other freaks that wanted to exchange ideas.

Headsculpt: Arsyn
Bootsculpt: Rocco
Head and boots paint: Silentsurfer
Stand Decal: Evilface
Tights logos heat transfers: Corrose

This is just version one as I need to reapply the transfers as I screwed up the application royally. I plan to do three Bret's total: the second will have sculpted sunglasses and another will be different colored tights (I'm considering commissioning Rocco for the third figure).

Those figures are fantastic! Where are the boots you have on Hogan and Bret from? They look great!

LOVE this! Bret was was one of my fave wrestlers in the 80s era when i was growing up watching WWF!!

Id love to see your other bret version with the pink tights and black top.

in 1/6 id love to see:

jim neidhart
big boss man
davey boy smith/bulldog
brutus the barber
ulitmate warrior
macho man
sid vicious
bushwackers
legion of doom/road warriors
demonlition
doink the clown
texas tornado
undertaker classic
shawn michaels (white and red pants)
the rockers
papa shango
tatanka
mr perfect
million dollar man
razor ramon

so many, i picked these though because they were among my faves and were colourful characters and woul made great customs i think.

Thanks man, great to meet another fan of the Hitman :hi5:

Love the list you came up with, love all the guys on that list but particularly would love a Bulldog, Neidhart and a Macho Man figure.

Rey Mysterio and another Bret are up next for me, then probably Ric Flair or Owen Hart.

where did you get that Goldberg headsculpt from?

It's from this handheld game, another weird piece of merchandise from the late 90's wrestling boom:

4.jpeg

Here's a closeup of the head before the repaint:

img0686wt.jpg

Those figures are fantastic! Where are the boots you have on Hogan and Bret from? They look great!

Thanks brotherrrr! They're actually a private commission from Rocco. Silentsurfer did an amazing job on both Hulkster boots, so much detail on those boots. He also had to mod the boots to remove the star that's etched in on the sides (they were sculpted to look like Bret's boots).

What sort of body would be best to use for a roddy piper custom? i missed him off my list and he was awesome.

nasty boys too :)

Here's a pic of the Hulksters and Austin, painted by Silentsurfer. These are my favorite figures in my collection.

1ehy.jpg

I also love PROTEUS360's work. Here's the pics he sent me pics of the Goldberg he painted up for me. I have the boots, gloves, tights (the one's in the pic will be covered by the tights) and elbow/knee pads ready to go. Can't wait to get this figure in hand:panic:

Now I wish Goldberg would come back to the WWE and spear the living dookie out of Ryback at Wrestlemania:pray:

Impressive! :thud::hi5: :goodpost:

1ehy.jpg

This is gold Ted! :hi5:

Nathan was the supreme choice to have these completed.

This is gold Ted! :hi5:

Nathan was the supreme choice to have these completed.

Thanks Mago! The guy is super-talented as we all know. I believe Stone Cold is his favorite wrestler of all time so he told me he enjoyed working on this project and it shows!

Impressive! :thud::hi5: :goodpost:

Thanks! I wish I could take credit for it, but the artists that worked on these guys are just phenomenal.

What sort of body would be best to use for a roddy piper custom? i missed him off my list and he was awesome.

nasty boys too :)

I think you can go with the KP muscle body for an early piper. Maybe the new KP athletik or the for a long hair era Piper as he seemed to be a little more lean. I can't remember the name of that rubber muscle body, but I think it would work good for Piper as the chest isn't as big as the KP.

So are you moving forward with a Piper custom?

Love the Nasty Boys (such a great look to those guys), but I was heartbroken as a kid when the stole the belts from my beloved Hart Foundation :monkey2

I don't think so. Would have loved to have seen Gillberg wipe the floor with Goldberg, though.

:lol in the ring, probably wouldn't ever happen (unless he just completely pissed off Vince), but behind the scenes Gillberg may have been able to take Goldberg based on accounts I've read of the infamous Jericho/Goldberg brawl.

Wish I didn't hear about that real life story as it really took the luster off the legend of Goldberg for me :monkey4.:lol

That really doesn't surprise me at all. No matter how big you are, if you run across a professional athlete that really knows how to fight, and maybe more importantly, knows how to legitimately hurt guys through the use of submission moves, then size alone is not going to be very helpful. Goldberg was a football player haphazardly converted into a pro wrestler because of his look and size. Jericho was a well traveled pro wrestler who trained in Stu Hart's Dungeon. No real contest there. Of course, a stiff, careless kick to the side of the head beats all the extensive training and experience in the world I guess.

That really doesn't surprise me at all. No matter how big you are, if you run across a professional athlete that really knows how to fight, and maybe more importantly, knows how to legitimately hurt guys through the use of submission moves, then size alone is not going to be very helpful. Goldberg was a football player haphazardly converted into a pro wrestler because of his look and size. Jericho was a well traveled pro wrestler who trained in Stu Hart's Dungeon. No real contest there. Of course, a stiff, careless kick to the side of the head beats all the extensive training and experience in the world I guess.

The Dungeon guys are always tough:clap

Yeah, unfortunately Goldberg did a lot of legit damage in the ring :slap

That mule kick he gave Bret effectively ended his career, but I believe Bret said in his book that Goldberg dropped him on his head earlier during a figure four spot which gave him his initial concussion. The kick just put things over the top.

Back