1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- First 3 Done & Weathered Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress): Now w/Claws!!!

The SE Wampa is different and, honestly, not very animal-like. The original was lanky like a Wookie, at least in the concept art. This one is pretty close to the original Empire one. Unfortunately we never see it in full form in the original movie because they couldn't get it quite right. Besides being an arm and a puppet head it was just a guy in an suit but it never looked right so they never show his full form until the SE. Unfortunately the SE version really doesn't look like it and the one in the original are the same animal.

Yep, the SE one is definitely a broader design and (at least to my eye) has more human like proportions (length of arms and legs) than what was supposed to be the Wampa suit.

He needs to be bigger

Thanks for your opinion... however, its not really accurate or needed. I'm not sure why you feel the need to be lone the voice of discontent (maybe it has to do with you bugging me regularly about wanting to be off the waitlist, but then suddenly not having any money once a figure was available)... but as someone who has spent a year working on the figure I can assure you I considered height very seriously.

According to starwars.com the height of the Wampa is 2.5m, according to the 501st the Wampa has a range of 2.2m (7.21ft) to 3m (9.84ft). In 1/6 That works out to a range of 14.42in to 19.68in; with the 2.5m (8.2ft) equaling 16.4 in.

This Wampa's height is just a few hairs over 17"; which puts him solidly in the middle of the ranges.

Nope got off the wait list because Ed Twist is making me a better one that's all

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

According to starwars.com the height of the Wampa is 2.5m, according to the 501st the Wampa has a range of 2.2m (7.21ft) to 3m (9.84ft). In 1/6 That works out to a range of 14.42in to 19.68in; with the 2.5m (8.2ft) equaling 16.4 in.

This Wampa's height is just a few hairs over 17"; which puts him solidly in the middle of the ranges.

Pfffttt...StarWars.com. What do they know about Wampas? :rolleyes2:rolleyes2

Well good for you Darnell :lol

The cave exit is to your right, don't let the Wampa hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Wow! Didn't expect to cause a **** storm. Just wanted to ask a question as I don't always know the specifics in the finer details. I'm glad to have gotten on this and it's gonna be a badass custom.

Nope got off the wait list because Ed Twist is making me a better one that's all

Cool! Post a pic here whenever you get it so we can all tell you it's way too big.

Wow! Didn't expect to cause a **** storm. Just wanted to ask a question as I don't always know the specifics in the finer details. I'm glad to have gotten on this and it's gonna be a badass custom.

Nah, that wasn't you, it's all Darnell.

As long as the girth is just right, the Wampa can be any height it wants to be.

I often hear it's more about girth than length... neither case really helps me though :monkey2

:lol............wtf?
I honestly believe you made the perfect wampa........:lecture
There I said it.......:pfft:

Darnell never has a good word to say about anyone or anything! Such a bell-end!!

1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress): Now w/Claws!!!

I often hear it's more about girth than length... neither case really helps me though :monkey2

Once you go Wampa you never go back :lol

I'm kicking myself everyday that I had to get off the list for this.

Baron Von Doosh. Stay classy.

Good luck getting anybody to do any commission work for you in the future, looks like you have pissed everybody off.

I doubt you have the talent to do any of this stuff yourself. I also doubt you would have the stones to post your work and offer it up for criticism.

Keep up the amazing work Joseph.

Like I care

Back