1:6 Vampire Hunter's Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJMacReady16

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm fascinated with these things. If you've never seen the real deal you should do a google search and check out some of the authentic ones from the 1800's that sell in auctions for $15k or more.

Regardless, I plan on bashing an old-school Vampire Slayer at some point, but I think I had the most fun making his briefcase. The case does actually close, but Sideshow made the clasps on the case completely non-functional so I'll have to use a clear rubber-band or something. Any better ideas are certainly welcomed.

Well anyway, here we go. All comments, suggestions, criticisms, etc. are welcomed.

100_3136.jpg

100_3137.jpg

Hammer, Bible, Holy Water Vial, Trophy Teeth Vial, Hunter's Journal, Stakes, Garlic Cloves.

100_3138.jpg

Crucifix, Mirror (for quick undead testing), Random Vial, Magnifying Glass, Ceremonial Silver Knife, Maps, etc.

100_3139.jpg

That's awesome!! Love the concept and the execution.

You can check the craft store for those tiny little ceramic button magnets and glue them inside the case to hold it shut.

That's awesome!! Love the concept and the execution.

You can check the craft store for those tiny little ceramic button magnets and glue them inside the case to hold it shut.

Thanks!

Yeah a guy over on the OSW recommended that as well. I think I'm going to give it a shot.

Not to mention I could find a hundred other uses for those little magnets. :whip

thats fantastic!

if your ever going to make a few to sell id be interested in a set as i have a custom figure of peter cushing has professor abraham van helsing

Ok. Where did you get the garlic or did you make it?
Thanks again for the feedback guys! :banana

The garlic is actually painter's tape. They turned out decent enough but the net bag really helps in disguising the flaws. As for making them to sell, I honestly don't know where I would nab another case (SS Dead Spokesman), but the other parts are pretty easy to find:

The Bible, journal, jars and hand-mirror were found at Hobby Lobby. I've had them lying around forever trying to think of a good use. The hammer was a full-sized sledge hammer from those Power Team toys that I trimmed down. Any companies' would work. Stakes are from the SS Buffy figures, but would be pretty easy to make from scratch. The knife is from DiD. I suppose any knife would work, but I actually do have several extras of this piece so shoot me a PM if you need one. The tiny crosses on the bottles and on the knife scabbard are actually pendants purchased in the crafts section at Wal-Mart, and so is the larger more decorative cross pendant. The magnifying glass was actually from a Mcfarlane Austin Powers figure I had ages ago. I'm sure someone makes dollhouse miniatures of them though.

Everything else was scrap leather, twine, printing, cutting, cursing, gluing and more cursing (I have giant sausage fingers---thus the excessive cursing). I hope to find something more along the lines of a suitcase, something like Medicom Henry's case (but functional) for the next go-round (any suggestions on this are more than welcomed!).

I'd love to see some more of these, as this is a concept which can be vastly improved upon. If I can help with anything else just let me know.

EDIT: Forgot to add---you can't see them very well but the teeth in the jar are painted toothpick ends. :lol

Thanks, that was alot of help. My huby (dwing) and I are currently trying to put together one of these but finding all of the pieces can be hard, you just made it a little easier, maybe I can return the favor. Found brief case similar to yours on ebay (prison break) accessory. matches nicely. Heres the link.
https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Action-Fig...1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247
With a little distressing it should work.

Thanks, that was alot of help. My huby (dwing) and I are currently trying to put together one of these but finding all of the pieces can be hard, you just made it a little easier, maybe I can return the favor. Found brief case similar to yours on ebay (prison break) accessory. matches nicely. Heres the link.
https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Action-Fig...1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247
With a little distressing it should work.

That's a fantastic find, thank you! I even like dealing the the Storerooms guy.

:bow

Back