1/6 1/6 Tusken Raider Hot Toys [The Mandalorian]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Tusken Raider Hot Toys The Mandalorian

YES !!! Have been waiting for this for a LOOOONG time !!!!

I'm glad I have a SS version as they are not all the same. So a Hot Toys version which is a bit different will add some variety to a pair on display,

giphy.gif

That's because between ANH and now, they learnt tailor fit.

Mando Tusken's don't look menacing because of the bandages going right up to their elbows.

They've obviously done it for the sign language thing, but unlike the Ep4 version that has their outer cloak go all the way to the wrist, these guys now just look like cosplayers.

The original iterations were more hidden, more mystery, less human.

Happy to keep my SSC.

Hmm... might be time to upgrade my Kenner...

Tusken Raider Hot Toys The Mandalorian

You can never have enough Tuskens. So I?ll get one of these. But I do prefer the ANH originals and the Tusken is one of SS best efforts. But I?ll need one of these anyways - it?s sure to have other qualities.
A big difference between the ANH tuskens and the ROTS versions is the size of the head. The original was a helmet and bigger. The Mando version seems like an in between and HT tends to make helmets too small... but we?ll see.

A bit gutted it isn't an ANH version, but I'll take it. If HT were smart they would have released a standard ANH version first, then released a Mando version with 'dog' later on as a deluxe.

How about a massif as well ?

Last edited:

Up for one of these but would have preferred a ANH version. Mando Tuskens have a PT vibe to me, sort of skinnier, too tailored (their Gwyneth Paltrow coats look like they belong in a health spa) and not as scary looking, but the differences aren't huge.

A bit gutted it isn't an ANH version, but I'll take it. If HT were smart they would have released a standard ANH version first, then released a Mando version with 'dog' later on as a deluxe.

I agree. Something is off with the mando tuskens. I really wish this was the anh version. I will get it because who knows if we will ever see the hot toys anh, but they need to dirty him up.
Also, maybe bespin han, c3po, lobot, the Death Star trooper, snow trooper commander, and hoth rebels will appear on the show? Then they will have a chance to get made😜

I think 2 packs from HT are rare these days. They make less $ doing that so they just let collectors buy multiples of the same figure.

Guess I have SSC's Jawas stuck in my head - and still kicking myself for not getting a second set. IMO excellent costuming tho there's a lot of discussion in that thread. IMO HT's Jawa offering was way overpriced.

Hope the Tuskens are not too bad$$$; definitely need two!

Up for one of these but would have preferred a ANH version. Mando Tuskens have a PT vibe to me, sort of skinnier, too tailored (their Gwyneth Paltrow coats look like they belong in a health spa) and not as scary looking, but the differences aren't huge.

I have the Sideshow Tusken and think it holds up really well. Might pick up one of these to stand alongside the ANH SS version though.

I think we're going to see Greedo in the Kenobi series, so a Hot Toys version could happen.
Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike has been exchanged for Mando on swoop.

So yeah, no ANH Tusken Raider.... this one will have to do.

I hope Mando comes across Greedo's identical twin brother, Greedi.

How about a massif as well ?

Yes! This 100%. Ideally one standard and one deluxe with Massif (Tusken Dog). They did the Tracker Predator with Hound, so you never know.

On a side note I've always been a massive fan of the Tusken females (very creepy looking), although I doubt they'll ever make them.

TUS FEMALE.jpgTusken_family_FF42.jpg

Back