1/6 Threezero - Breaking Bad - Heisenberg Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never got the impression before from this site that people were that picky or sensitive about comparing pics.
It is normal in this forum to compare similar products, & peeps don't seem to object too much like they do in here. If a Hot Toys or Enterbay Heisenberg existed, I don't think peeps would mind as much if it was compared to those. But mention iMiniMe .....

Well my focus was much more on the sculpt itself by Trevor than the fact it's being used for a custom figure by a certain company. For me, the fact he's such a known and talented sculptor and expert at likenesses kinda overrides all that other stuff, and makes his work still worth comparing and measuring others against.

That's what my main focus is on as well really. My standards for clothing & body type don't seem to be as high as others (plus bodies can be swapped), but head sculpts, head sculpts is where I can get nitpicky. That's why I know if the production version of this portrait doesn't match what already exists, I know it's going to bug me, & I'm going to want to somehow get an upgrade from somewhere, even if I gotta pay the price of the figure to get it.

With 3Zero's Tyrion, I know that sculpt can be better, but it doesn't bother me as much, because I don't know any better out there. That's a little gem of a figure. Even the hands don't bother me as much as some. In fact, I might not have even noticed them too much had peeps not constantly pointed them out.

I guess I'm different than a lot of other collectors. I collect products, not ideals. So while I love and prefer this type of product to have high realism and uncanny resemblance to the character/actor, at the end of the day I'm generally not going to change up the product with an alternate head. That's a kitbash or custom territory and wouldn't really be an example of that particular product/toy. So I have Hasbro, Kenner and many other toys in my collection that I would never consider modifying. This will be the same.

This figure only adds to the hobby. It's a nice option for those like you Pixel, who are fine with their offering as is, & it's a nice starting point for guys like me, & even nice for peeps who already have mint Heisenberg figures, to get parted out upgrade parts. Win, win, win.

Just in case, I didn't mean to say that I'll grab something just because I'm a fan of the license/source material. I LOVED Fringe, but I skipped the Fewture/DID figures because I thought the head sculpts weren't good enough, and the Olivia one not based on Anna Torv at all.

The hands remind me of the ones that come with those Gangsters Kingdom figures. :lol I'm still down for the figure though, I don't know if I'll be able to get it through threezero unfortunately. I'd like to see the glasses a little more refined and better paint on the sculpt. I'm LOVING these $130,$150 and $160 shipped figures though. :rock

It's close to home, as to be fair, they've been making Ashley Wood's character designs for a long time.

kartel.jpg

They just need to get out of that rut completely.

If it's like the 3A figures, then they're using Truetype knockoff bodies anyway, where you can find replacement hands for around $1 a piece. So, that shouldn't be a big issue.

they are separate companies, threeA and threezero. but i have no doubt that the success of threeA has allowed Kim to branch out and do more as threezero which existed before threeA but on a smaller scale. before that threezero releases were not common and they were def not anywhere near taking licences as they are now. so to say they are in a "rut" doin threeA stuff isnt very accurate or fair IMO. we would not have the threezero that many are pleased with now w/o the success of Kim and Ash as threeA.

Kim has been friends with the Hot Toys team for a long time both being in Hk doin figures, its also been said that Kim has wanted threezero to be like HT's now for yrs. So threeA's success has allowed him to do that, thats what we are seeing now. a attempt by Kim/threezero to become another HT in the 1/6 market. And gotta respect how they are becoming the anti-HT taking licenses HT wouldnt dare touch, so grateful for that.

both companies will continue and wont effect each other i dotn think so again with due respect to say they are in rut doin threeA stuff isnt accurate at all.

If it's like the 3A figures, then they're using Truetype knockoff bodies anyway, where you can find replacement hands for around $1 a piece. So, that shouldn't be a big issue.

The 3Zero hands, as rough as they may look/be, are custom, which is a nice touch. The TT generic hands are overly scrawny and malformed fingers, even the ones Hot Toys has just shipped with their Armory set.

again with due respect to say they are in rut doin threeA stuff isnt accurate at all.

They're separate insofar as ThreeA does has own characters and designs courtesy of one half of the partnership, Ashley Wood, but as far as I'm aware, all manufacturing/production is ThreeZero and has been since the ThreeA brand was created. It doesn't matter that they're also registered as unique business entities (corporate tax, etc.) that's to be expected. ThreeA, as explained on the two sites, is an offshoot of ThreeZero - ThreeZero's partnership with Ashley Wood (a collaboration of production experience and reputed artist). If the situation is different, then both sites should be updated to reflect that.

Sooo, I wasn't implying that Ashley Wood designed the hands for these latest ThreeZero figures, but that the factory is so used to producing skeletal, blocky and robotic hands for 3A, it may as well be their signature. ;)

Last edited:
I'm rooting for threezero and I like to root for the little guy anyway, but the little guy has to be hungrier, sharper and smarter.

While Iminime technically falls in the customs category their success came from the fact that rhey took the criticism seriously and improved their product immensely. Unlisenced prodict and hand made items made it impossible for them to not charge high prices but threezero doesnt have that problem.

Enterbay is seemingly bowing out of the game. Where the hell is blitzway? The door is wide open for another major 1/6 company to get in the game in a big way.

A lisence like breaking bad has the potential to reach the casual purchaser and I think, which will undoubtably get them sales and exposure which is a good thing.

But I think the guys in this community who only buy official product because it's official is in the minority, if you can't afford or justify customs then there's a lot of Kit bash options out there that are very good and the edge of the hype for this show has died down. There's a large portion of our community who already has a walter white that's as good or better than this offering and remember our community is really not that big... If threezero is on the ball they could be sucessful. Game of thrones is wide open so they have to strike while the iron is hot. They totally are dropping the ball on walking dead and as soon as that show goes off the air that Lisence is ****ed. They already are competing with a slew of kit bashes and customs on the market.

If I were threezero I'd get on walking dead ASAP, keep rolling hard and fast with GOT until you get all the major characters done or hit a roadblock with a character who garners soft sales and go after a few major but niche untapped 1/6 lisences, like I dont know... ghostbusters or something, Tarantino movies... Or something with a loyal but small following like battle star to get the loyalty of the scifi or pop culture collecting geeks then when new lisencs come up that aren't disney affiliated that hot toys will be all over like Star Wars or marvel, they will be in a position to go for it and make major money. Pick up the omissions that hot toys missed like the new Star Trek movies (but only during a time whenone comes out so it's actually relevant)

yeah pixel i do agree in thinking that the clunky hands come from lack of experience doing realistic sculpts. even before threeA they were not doin realistic sculpts i dont think. but even if that so makes the head sculpts we are seeing now even more impressive.

lol, so in hindsight maybe i do agree in that they are in a abit of a rut doin stylized stuff, :p ha!

yeah pixel i do agree in thinking that the clunky hands come from lack of experience doing realistic sculpts.

BUT... I'm loving this new stuff and also very much loving the ThreeA stuff. It's been on my radar for a long time now, even before I joined here, and this week I finally jumped in. 3 eBay purchases and a pre-order. I'm a little disappointed the 3A thread on here doesn't get a lot of action because I don't have the time to immerse in another forum that isn't as well organized as this one. ;) Though I did just join the Kidrobot forum for the heck of it.

BUT... I'm loving this new stuff and also very much loving the ThreeA stuff. It's been on my radar for a long time now, even before I joined here, and this week I finally jumped in. 3 eBay purchases and a pre-order. I'm a little disappointed the 3A thread on here doesn't get a lot of action because I don't have the time to immerse in another forum that isn't as well organized as this one. ;) Though I did just join the Kidrobot forum for the heck of it.

cool! join the legion aka the outpost? for threeA stuff is very organized, easy to find info, pic and discussion threads etc also have sub boards for general toy talk and tv movie stuff :) all are very nice as well. good place.

cool! join the legion aka the outpost? for threeA stuff is very organized, easy to find info, pic and discussion threads etc also have sub boards for general toy talk and tv movie stuff :) all are very nice as well. good place.

I'm going to check that one out.

The big drawback to additional items is that I'm totally out of space in my office. Every open space is already reserved for specific licenses/products, with the last few shelves dedicated to ThreeZero TV licenses. The ThreeA stuff is going to have to go into my workshop and live on my R&D cabinets, a Besta and a Detolf. I suppose it's fitting for the especially weathered figure examples. ;)

I'm definitely ordering. Just not sure where from yet as I didn't realize Sideshow doesn't sell Threezero products (that I could find at least maybe I'm wrong). I'll probably go with BBTS.

I know it's early to think about variants but would anyone else want a final episode Walt? The only thing is I'm not sure what accessories he'd come with but the grown out hair and beard with the thicker frame glasses would be cool.

Back