1/6 Tatooine Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked more carefully, is that a clear plastic cup in the middle? That was inspired, I had big trouble finding a piece that had the tapered look that I wanted but I never would have thought about something as simple as a drinking cup. :slap
Great eye.

Yep it's a small plastic cup...lol. I bought some spice mix for chicken for my dinner one night and the spices came in that little cup. I washed it, cut the bottom off and stuck it on and it looked good to me.

The interior is a plastic toilet roll holder and everything just slotted over that.

1e293fd149d9ffb1236a12f2991f7220.jpg

04591f45f88a317c017d51f542869dc4.jpg

I finished mine last week.

Did you ever finish yours?

The threadstarter has gone a little cold I think, but I am doing my Vaporator version 1.5 so there is that to look forward to. :lol

There is a small possibility I may have gone off the deep end on this one but I wanted to be thorough this time around.

bild.jpg

vaporator.jpg

I had bought and received most of the parts two weeks ago and was going to do a test fitting since this is in reality a whole new build - the old one it is best not to talk about. But my cordless dremel wouldn't charge and I have a lot of grinding down pvc pipe fittings to do.

So I'm in a holding pattern now trying to find the cheapest 3.7v cells I can to solder together a new battery pack for it. I'm completely useless when it comes to soldering and electronics so we will see if I make a new battery pack or burn down the house, could go either way. I'm in no hurry, so if it takes two weeks more to save $10 I will wait.

Last edited:
Sure, here is a PDF. But it's just a sketch to check the proportions of the specific pvc parts I found, so unless you use the same exact parts..

I printed it out to see it in 100% before I ordered.

I have made a test fitting. Not that exciting but you can see something starting to take shape. Still have quite a bit of sanding to do, underestimated the effort needed there. Still waiting for a few parts as well.

Vaporator.jpg

I have made a test fitting. Not that exciting but you can see something starting to take shape. Still have quite a bit of sanding to do, underestimated the effort needed there. Still waiting for a few parts as well.

View attachment 185517

Good job guys! You really motivated to go back to this project and also to the 1/6 world...
I put aside this hobby for a long time now and TFA really made me want to go back! I bought some stuff for the Moisture but some of them aren't exactly what i need so i might have to order new tubes and stuff!

Cheers

Guys... I'm having trouble deciding exactly what i wanna build... It has to involve a moisture vaporator, two sandies, two jawahs and C3PO and R2... I like my original idea but i feel like that so much sand is a waste of my space... I'm thinking about some madeup/photos ref Mos Eisley diorama, but then it has to involve maybe more characters...

How are these moisture caps coming along. This I an awesome project. Really stoked to see the customization.

Hey guys!

I think i've finally decided which way i wanna go! Solo_bones has really inspired me with his amazing dioramas!
I made a lot of space on my Detolfs, and decided to make a 4 Detolfs long Tatooine Theme diorama!

I will soon start working on the Moisture Vaporator, which will be big! Sadly, due to the height of the ceiling, i might have to get rid of the tip... But the day i move out and will be able to display it, i'll remake the tip :)

A lovely friend of mine helped me for the scaling, so if anyone of you is interested in the files, it would be a pleasure to upload them!
Hi, I'd love to build one. Can I see the files?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back