1/6 Tatooine Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome man, start working on it!
Yeah actually that could be pretty helpful! I think my dad might be able to get one soon, so could be pretty amazing! Then we could mold and cast the parts! But i would say it'f funnier to make it from scratch :)

Yeah i know but having the 3d printed parts loose parts would be great. Saves a lot of searching ;). Let me know, i'll search for the 3d file. Pm me your emailadress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i know but having the 3d printed parts loose parts would be great. Saves a lot of searching ;). Let me know, i'll search for the 3d file. Pm me your emailadress.

Ahah i agree it would save us lots of time! Shoot me a pm when you got the files man!

Guys!

Today i received my first Marmit Sandtrooper!
Such a awesome piece!

So i removed as much as possible the original weathering, cut the hands and feet and built the backpack. Tomorrow weathering and then waiting for the body to arrive...

Nice looking trooper. Any idea what you are going to use for the base of the moisture vaporator? I can't find anything that look similar. I've been searching in my local hardware stores plumbing section.

Nice looking trooper. Any idea what you are going to use for the base of the moisture vaporator? I can't find anything that look similar. I've been searching in my local hardware stores plumbing section.

Thank bud! So much to do, but can't wait, i'm so pumped about costumising!

The base, i think i will find the something circle about the same size, then make the details with styrene! Going friday checking for some stuff, i'll let you know what i find.

Thank bud! So much to do, but can't wait, i'm so pumped about costumising!

The base, i think i will find the something circle about the same size, then make the details with styrene! Going friday checking for some stuff, i'll let you know what i find.

I would think Solo_bones used some drain part. In the Moisture Vaporator thread he specified what plumbing parts he used. The part numbers were for Home Depot so might not be that much help unless you have that store close by, but at least you can see what type of part it is and try to find something similar.

Since you are in Europe I guess you will maybe run into the same hurdle as I did with the plumbing pipes and parts being polypropylene which won't work that good with glue and paint. Look for outdoor pipes and parts that are made of PVC instead. Parts for swimming pools and aquariums are mostly made out of PVC as well so that is a good source.

Hey

Can't wait to see the dio. Keep us posted.

Thank's buddy, i will keep you guys updated!

They are so cool the Marmit troopers

They are amazing i agree, hard to get but amazing!

I would think Solo_bones used some drain part. In the Moisture Vaporator thread he specified what plumbing parts he used. The part numbers were for Home Depot so might not be that much help unless you have that store close by, but at least you can see what type of part it is and try to find something similar.

Since you are in Europe I guess you will maybe run into the same hurdle as I did with the plumbing pipes and parts being polypropylene which won't work that good with glue and paint. Look for outdoor pipes and parts that are made of PVC instead. Parts for swimming pools and aquariums are mostly made out of PVC as well so that is a good source.

Sadly i don't have a Home Depot as you stated, cause i live in Switzerland :)

Yeah actually i read about your post recently! You're right, i will look for PVC parts! Thank's a lot for your help, and once i find the things i need, i will post pictures of every single part! Thank's again!

Also got things in the mail today :

They are parts for my custom Jawas and Tusken, can't wait to begin!

Also started the weathering on the Marmit, damn it's way harder than on a SS Trooper...
I went full weathered style, but maybe it is too much... Let me know what you think of it.

Sorry, monologue, but couldn't stand the crappy weathering before going to bed... had to do something...

I feel better ahaha, i will take my time on this guy this week end :)

I love the way that helmet looks. :clap

Thank you buddy!

Actually i made a noobie mistake... I sanded some of the original paint, so now the paint i apply kind of soaks in and makes big patches (what happened on the previous photos) so i had to re sand that and now i will be really careful for the next step of the weathering! I might seal this before any further progress!

Hi, i've pmd you. Got the files [emoji6]

Congrats on the Marmit iSandtrooper, they are fantastic.

Nice job on.the weathering, looks great so.far. :)

Hey!

Yes they are amazing! Sorry i have been busy with life, nothing has been really updated... Tomorrow i might find time to finally properly weather this guy and finish him!

Cheers

This is where I'm at so far.

e4e0f2daa0f8b74533ccaf633e962c2f.jpg

5d20145f0a87d92f76f3ce11a30418ba.jpg

It's not screen accurate but I think it looks ok so far.

I looked more carefully, is that a clear plastic cup in the middle? That was inspired, I had big trouble finding a piece that had the tapered look that I wanted but I never would have thought about something as simple as a drinking cup. :slap

Back