1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty good to me. Not sure about the beard hair going down the neck like that. But I guess it's probably film accurate. Jacket collar will help hide some too I'm guessing.

At least they are still working on him ! Better than no news at all !

Hm, I still feel like the Blackbox version has the more accurate headsculpt, or at least captures Gosling better than. Maybe it's not final and it'll turn out better on the released version.

After thinking this over I know what's making the sculpt appear off- it's the lack of eyelids. The space between the eyes and the eyebrows is too narrow, giving him that generic / Tom Cruise-ish :)p) look. Same thing happened with HT's Ripley figure. Trevor Grove did a great mass-produced Officer K headsculpt for the NECA figure (the paintjob kind of did a disservice to it). I wish there was a 1/6 scale-up of that one available.

Jnix Head is the way to go anyway so who cares?

Many of us (including myself) can't afford custom work.
So we care what each company is offering.
From the pictures shown so far, personally I don't have a problem with the hs,
but I prefer to judge something when in hand.
I have seen much worse hs even on licensed figures.

Many of us (including myself) can't afford custom work.
So we care what each company is offering.
From the pictures shown so far, personally I don't have a problem with the hs,
but I prefer to judge something when in hand.
I have seen much worse hs even on licensed figures.

Totally agree. By the time you get a Jinx sculpt painted it'll be more than a HT figure.

This sculpt looks fine to me. Wish you could see the eyes better.

We’d all be better off if the out of the box stuff was spectacular. For me, K has to be perfect.

We’d all be better off if the out of the box stuff was spectacular. For me, K has to be perfect.

Of course we would all have preferred, if the stock hs was a perfect one.
In this case it probably isn't, but what would be the cost for upgrading?
For me if the included hs has a good/v.good likeness (8 or 9 out of 10), that isn't a problem.
Especially if in order to acquire the perfect hs, meant I would have to spend big bucks.

The delays on the Supermad K is ridiculous I’m going to cancel my PO too. I got it as a cheap holdover to my Yunsil and Robbie setup. Now they have already beat Supermad. Snooze you loose.

Yeah, have this one order from kghobby. What’s their cancellation policy? Lose your deposit I assume?
It's a percentage kept of any money spent, and with the PO on these it ends up being just about your deposit.

That being said...

I canceled my K last week and politely asked if I could transfer that deposit cost over to another purchase rather than requesting a refund due to the extremely long delay and that I no longer wanted to pursue that avenue in my collection. I finally got around to seeing the movie and honestly have no interest in figures from it, which drove it home for me. They obliged and gave me store credit for this instance. I put it towards DAM's most recent Assassin's Creed release. I suppose this is a 'your mileage may vary' situation but it couldn't hurt to try.

Yeah, when I recently cancelled my Supermad Toys Officer K pre-order with kghobby, they suggested that instead of refunding some/all of the deposit amount, I could transfer it to the Deckard figure (which I still have on pre-order). So I've done that.

Back