1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've lost patience with Supermad Toys.

I've just cancelled my pre-order for their 'Hunter K' figure (the first time I've ever cancelled a pre-order). I pre-ordered the figure in February 2018. I still have a pre-order for their 'Hunter D' figure (but god knows when we'll see that).

In the meantime, I pre-ordered the Black Box Virtual Girl set and I'm considering a pre-order of the Black Box 2.0 'Replicant Hunter'.

it probably means you aren't really keen on blade runner series.

from the photos i don't get why folks would get black box version. i have 2 black box version, it ordered them before supermad announced and i regretted because the big gap. i don't see 2.0 really an upgrade over 1.0.

I've lost patience with Supermad Toys.

I've just cancelled my pre-order for their 'Hunter K' figure (the first time I've ever cancelled a pre-order). I pre-ordered the figure in February 2018. I still have a pre-order for their 'Hunter D' figure (but god knows when we'll see that).

In the meantime, I pre-ordered the Black Box Virtual Girl set and I'm considering a pre-order of the Black Box 2.0 'Replicant Hunter'.

why would you cancel?
you have been around here ten years. You know there can be delays on figures.

it probably means you aren't really keen on blade runner series.

from the photos i don't get why folks would get black box version. i have 2 black box version, it ordered them before supermad announced and i regretted because the big gap. i don't see 2.0 really an upgrade over 1.0.

Yeah the Black box figure has always looked kinda cheap to me, even after being heavily modded or after replacing the head with a Jnix sculpt. The long wait for the Supermad K has definitely been frustrating, but it still appears to be the only one really worth getting.

"it probably means you aren't really keen on blade runner series."

No, it probably means you're not in a position to know anything about my collecting habits. Just because I make choices that don't agree with yours - that doesn't define how 'keen' I am on any given series/line. If we all collected exactly the same thing and made exactly the same decisions - it would make for a very dull hobby. Someone who has a single BR figure is no less 'keen' than someone who has 500 BR figures - they simply might be limited by their income or circumstances.

"Why would you cancel? You have been around here ten years. You know there can be delays on figures."

I'd cancel because I've got free will. I pre-ordered the Hunter K figure 13 months ago (as many of us did). There have been very few updates since then. The fact that Supermadtoys have spent time developing/publicizing other figures since then - and providing few, if any, updates on the BR figures is a bit ordinary in my opinion.

I've still got a lot of respect for the Supermadtoys line - but a couple of things have irked me in recent time.

Collectors have probably forgotten this - but when images of the Black Box 'Replicant Hunter' figure were first released, Supermadtoys made a point of joking on Facebook about how bad the Black Box headsculpt was and how much better their headsculpt would be. Supermadtoys then released their initial Officer K headsculpt - and it looked nothing like Ryan Gosling. So much so, it wasn't long before Supermadtoys released black/white images of the version 2 Officer K headsculpt. This is all on Facebook.

In my opinion, the version 2 headsculpt doesn't look that great either (at least from viewing the black/white images on FB). I'm probably in a minority - but I really like the Black Box headsculpt - especially when the figure is in hand. The initial images we saw of the Black Box headsculpt weren't all that fantastic - but they put some effort into the final product. I also love the fact that Black Box are now going to release a battle-damaged version as well - which again, in my opinion, looks great. My intention is to buy the battle-damaged version - and on-sell the 'clean' version.

And no, I'm not the biggest BR collector in the world. But here's my modest BR shrine - that I am very 'keen' on. Hey, it's a work in progress. ;)

yYWltC7l.jpg

why would you cancel?
you have been around here ten years. You know there can be delays on figures.

Canceling because of a long wait makes sense if you've lost interest and don't want to spend the money anymore. What wouldn't make sense is if you're still interested, but cancel anyway. The wait is going to be as long as it will be regardless of whether you keep your order or not, so if you want the figure, then go with the option that results in you eventually owning it (i.e., keep your order). If it's never released and you didn't cancel, then you're no worse off. If it is released eventually and you did cancel, then you may have to go through the trouble of tracking down somewhere to order it again or pay higher prices for it on the secondary market if you still want it.

I'll never understand those who want a figure, but cancel their pre-order because of a long wait. "I'm so angry I don't have this thing that I want yet that I will... eliminate the means by which to get it." Huh?

Canceling because of a long wait makes sense if you've lost interest and don't want to spend the money anymore. What wouldn't make sense is if you're still interested, but cancel anyway. The wait is going to be as long as it will be regardless of whether you keep your order or not, so if you want the figure, then go with the option that results in you eventually owning it (i.e., keep your order). If it's never released and you didn't cancel, then you're no worse off. If it is released eventually and you did cancel, then you may have to go through the trouble of tracking down somewhere to order it again or pay higher prices for it on the secondary market if you still want it.

I'll never understand those who want a figure, but cancel their pre-order because of a long wait. "I'm so angry I don't have this thing that I want yet that I will... eliminate the means by which to get it." Huh?

he already explained that he prefer the Blackbox version over the yet to be released mad toys version.

Good thing I’m not a Nexus 6. I’d probably expire before these are released and long before Original Blade Runner figures are announced.

Good thing I’m not a Nexus 6. I’d probably expire before these are released and long before Original Blade Runner figures are announced.

I'm really REALLY hoping at least Supermad is already working on something from the original movie to reveal once the Hunter K & D are released. Of course, that hinges on these ones actually being released but I did see on Facebook that they have a pile of Harrison Ford heads ready to paint. So that's good news :D

I'm really REALLY hoping at least Supermad is already working on something from the original movie to reveal once the Hunter K & D are released. Of course, that hinges on these ones actually being released but I did see on Facebook that they have a pile of Harrison Ford heads ready to paint. So that's good news :D

Well, last year I was hopefull about Deckard (young). They said they’d be working on him during the summer... last year. Now, they’ve never shown anything and worked on $6mm and the Scientologist. I like both, but Deckard looks DOA.

At least they finally posted a video of the old Deckard sculpt (sans paint). Just starting Q2 now and doubt we'll see him in the next month or two. I'm sure it'll be Q3 or 4 the latest. Still no word on K.
:impatient:

Yep, good to see further images of the Deckard 2049 head sculpt - I've still got that figure on pre-order. ;)

Pre-ordered the BB Virtual Girl - now I have to start looking for a suitable body. The TBLeague S18A body is being suggested. I might wait until the BB set is in hand before I track down a body. :)

Actually I'd really love to use that for my TFA Han, since the HT sculpt has always looked way too wide to me. Although I'd obviously have to do a hair transplant first.

Back