1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KGHobby contacted me today saying my figure was all ready to ship but because of the shipping method it may take 7-8 weeks, unless i just upgrade my shipping for $30.

So I did that and hopefully it'll start moving along.

50165876171_d70d32a229_o.jpg

50166133027_84c6739feb_o.jpg

It's not a figure you can do a lot with, since if you raise his arms it spoils the lines of the coat. Plus with both sculpts he looks bored, or dazed, or lost in deep thought. Especially so in the photograph, but on display the natural shadows help.

Looks awesome! Im glad to see the head looks good on the body, no swap needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great Asta. How does he compare to other 1/6 figures as far as size goes?

Looks great Asta. How does he compare to other 1/6 figures as far as size goes?

I did measure his height out of curiosity when I unboxed him, and he was a bit under 30 cm not counting his boot soles. He's leaning over a bit in the photo.

So he's a bit short for Ryan. The trousers are long though, so a pair of long ankle pegs should fix him.

For comparison, Deckard is exactly 30 cm not counting boot soles, which is apparently correct for Ford's current height.

EDIT:

I swapped the ankle pegs for a pair of very long ones that came with SW Ourworld's Hannibal.

He's now over 30 cm above his boot soles, and his trousers don't look too long any more.

I snapped a few photos, but none of them turned out to be level, so it gives the impression they're the same height. It could also be that Deckard has taller heels on his boots.

Attachments

• 101_0007.JPG
    101_0007.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 104
Hmm, feels to me like the coat might be a bit too short now with the longer ankle pegs. Although I'll have to see how the proportions look with the Jnix sculpt on it. I've never paid much attention to Gosling's height before, so if he has to be a bit shorter for the outfit to work than I can probably live with that.

Hmm, feels to me like the coat might be a bit too short now with the longer ankle pegs. Although I'll have to see how the proportions look with the Jnix sculpt on it. I've never paid much attention to Gosling's height before, so if he has to be a bit shorter for the outfit to work than I can probably live with that.

I forgot to consider that.

It doesn't look far off:

90801-1532336916.jpg

101_0007.JPG

The stand also messes up the coat, because the post pushes it out at the back.

I levelled up the original photo using Flickr's editing tool:

50167105558_e734c71dfd_o.jpg

Then I cropped the image and resized it to match the movie still:

Untitled.jpg

The thing that actually stands out to me now (looking at the larger original movie still) is that SuperMad's sweater is too short.

I levelled up the original photo using Flickr's editing tool:

50167105558_e734c71dfd_o.jpg

Then I cropped the image and resized it to match the movie still:

View attachment 491777

The thing that actually stands out to me now (looking at the larger original movie still) is that SuperMad's sweater is too short.

True, its a little short but close.

It almost needs a narrow shoulder body with this coat and shoulder pads. Overall height looks good.

From Facebook....

Looks amazing to me...especially for third party and the price...
fa3f0b40241567a9aa81346daa0ccb76.jpg

Another photo of the wounded sculpt:

50168555538_d96b89c407_o.jpg

And the one I didn't photograph closely before:

50169369597_5985086b00_o.jpg

For the price this set puts a lot of other companies to shame.

Looks amazing to me...especially for third party and the price...

SuperMad certainly put the effort in with paint, tailoring and weathering. They might take a long time, though some of that was completely out of their control, but they take pride in their work unlike some companies who just do enough to satisfy the orders (e.g., Blitzway's Zorro, Hot Toys' Jawa and Gonk, Toys Works' Jessica Jones).

Plus they aren't greedy, even when compared to other companies producing unlicensed figures. K only cost me 103.05 GBP including delivery, which in today's money is 134 US dollars.

For two sculpts, the intricate clothing, accurate boots (though you only see half of them) and all the accessories, it feels like a steal. But don't tell SuperMad Toys that. :lol

SuperMad certainly put the effort in with paint, tailoring and weathering. They might take a long time, though some of that was completely out of their control, but they take pride in their work unlike some companies who just do enough to satisfy the orders (e.g., Blitzway's Zorro, Hot Toys' Jawa and Gonk, Toys Works' Jessica Jones).

Plus they aren't greedy, even when compared to other companies producing unlicensed figures. K only cost me 103.05 GBP including delivery, which in today's money is 134 US dollars.

For two sculpts, the intricate clothing, accurate boots (though you only see half of them) and all the accessories, it feels like a steal. But don't tell SuperMad Toys that. :lol

You're in the UK Asta? Me too.......wonder where my K is then.

This so much.......

K will be a very sought after figure. Might be SM best effort yet. Although I have to admit the 6 million dollar man looks pretty awesome .

You're in the UK Asta? Me too.......wonder where my K is then.

Have they sent it out?

K took 12 days to arrive after reaching the Hong Kong processing centre. I think there's so few flights at the moment that parcels are just sitting waiting. K waited 8 days for a flight; HT Krennic waited 11 days. Then by chance they both boarded the same flight.

This so much.......

K will be a very sought after figure. Might be SM best effort yet. Although I have to admit the 6 million dollar man looks pretty awesome .

It's not a series that holds any special significance for me, apart from having had the original Kenner figure when I was very young. Hence I didn't buy the SuperMad figure. However, when they sold the head on its own I couldn't resist even though I had no plans for it.

A plan quickly developed though:

45784625295_025a7c7be9_c.jpg

45784625245_d308e09327_o.jpg

Screen grab from The Six Million Dollar Man movie:

32756099728_f462bd3c05_o.png

Apart from the original Kenner figure, a bit later on I did find a complete, boxed OSI Headquarters at a local privately run refuse tip. The owner rescued anything he thought was saleable before it was dumped. His on-site shed/shop was an Aladdin's cave, and it was an age when relatively recent toys were still toys, and not 'collectables', so it was all cheap. People used to chuck out all sorts of good stuff back then. I even got a boxed, complete Kenner 12" Boba Fett.

I have no idea what happened to a lot of the toys I had as a kid, such as the Denys Fisher Doctor Who Giant Robot I bought for pennies at a fete. :slap

Yeah the original series was a bit before my time, but I have really fond memories of the reunion movies they made in the 80s, and will probably pick up their Jaime figure if it turns out well.

I have fond memories of the original figure, and that bionic eye.....

This figure looks like it turned out great! It?s great that company?s like this are producing figures for people that like films outside of Star Wars, Marvel, and DC. For all of their talent Hot Toys has not got any cash from me in quite some time.

Not getting much from me either. I'm a DC guy, not Marvel and really dislike Disney Star Wars (the Mandalorian is decent). Hot toys incredible lack of variety outside those two licences means I'm spending most of my 1/6 money on other companies offering other licences.

My interest is in having a display that offers a broad range of movie characters, not just cabinet after cabinet of superheroes and disney star wars junk.

Back