1/6 Star Ace - Underworld Evolution - Selene Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this whole clothes material tearing discussion sounds like both sides thought it will be an 1/1 doll and intended to use it.

I'm not sure optimum look can be said about this figures clothing. Sorry but optimum look would be the latex look. After a few times posing the figure in various position the fabric they used is going to have creases, it'll look horrible.

exactly. honestly i would rather have the latex material and less articulation on this figure in particular. the costume and latex is so vital to her character's look. minus that, it's not selene. i understand why they chose to not go that route, but imo, i would have gone a different route.

I always wanted a Selene figure, Kate is one of my favorite actresses. The head sculpt looks good, but it's not perfect. I also agree that the outfit should be much more latex-like and movie accurate, even though it would mean having less articulation...

Are you just trying to hurt my eyes with that HORRIBLE head sculpt "attempt" at Julie?

Please don't post links to that figure, it is an affront to everything regarding the hobby.

That being said.. I only have Avengers I Black Widow but that outfit just needs a bit of shine and it is close to a latex look. I also have the HT Selene Catwoman and that has some latexish parts too, its the undersuit on that one that limits articulation.

Are you just trying to hurt my eyes with that HORRIBLE head sculpt "attempt" at Julie?

Please don't post links to that figure, it is an affront to everything regarding the hobby.

That being said.. I only have Avengers I Black Widow but that outfit just needs a bit of shine and it is close to a latex look. I also have the HT Selene Catwoman and that has some latexish parts too, its the undersuit on that one that limits articulation.

The HT Selina figure has a thin white undershirt, but it really doesn't affect articulation. It's actually the main suit that limits articulation more than anything else. The arms are generally good with articulation, but the legs (and torso) can only move so far because the suit's stretching back on itself.

I think this is as good in the face as the hot toys wonder woman

well done Star Ace :)

Last edited:
anyone who says latex look is not being chased cause of articulation - seems to me like a far fetched reasoning. that look has been done before with sufficient articulation. even then - if you see antman figure, most are wowed with it even with the limited articulation that suit provides. these are not figures people play with. these are supposed to be museum quality replicas and at times the "near exact" look and feel is more important than crazy articulation limits. look at the antman figure... it is all sold out almost everywhere - why? cause its super super accurate even when the articulation is probably the worst ever.

this figure cut out the base (which was the only real cool part), then the body that was horrible has not been changed, and last but not the least, the outfit is far from accurate. this figure is not cheap by anymeans and is higher than many of the hot toys. it sucks that they have months and months and cant fix the outfit. their sculpt is still fairly acceptable, and could do as is. but rest of the department clearly shows why hot toys is hot toys. (from time to time they suck too - but they do get simple outfits fairly accurate, fairly... not his far off)

Will have to see this inhand before deciding to get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aside from the material of the outfit, something Star Ace seems to have missed are the buckles at the collar

Underworld-Selene-Costume-Statue-1e.jpg

Ugh, another issue...great! Good thing she didn't have them buckled during the movie.

I believe she did in the beginning. But even so, it's little details like that (that for me) make a figure a little more special. It was a paint in the butt but I made them for my Selene custom I did a few years ago

I think this looks great. As I do with every figure, I'll wait to see in-hand photos before I place an order.
I'd love to see this figure sell well enough as to warrant the release of some other Underworld characters, especially Viktor.

You barely notice the collar in the film so im fine with the figure not having it

I want one of Rhona Mitra's Sonja :impatient:

That would be great. I really hope this could turn out to be a successful line like their Harry Potter figures seem to have been for them so that we can finally get some great Underworld figures. There's so many characters I'd love to see made and be able to collect.

they can easily make this successful by fixing a few things. looks like they dont want to. if they want to compete with hot toys, they need to hear their clients. even hot toys has managed to surprise us pleasantly by some fixes from time to time. lets hope these guys do the same.

Back