1/6 Star Ace - 300 / 300: Rise of an Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I get what you are saying. Hopefully it matches closely when it shows up in a week. I'll post some pix

looking forward to seeing the pics. It's a great seamless body with awesome articulation. I'm using one for my Pangaea Achilles figure. Going to have to repaint the head though once I finish hairing it to match the body.

looking forward to seeing the pics. It's a great seamless body with awesome articulation. I'm using one for my Pangaea Achilles figure. Going to have to repaint the head though once I finish hairing it to match the body.

Yeah hoping it all matches up without having to do much touch up

i'm contemplating picking this guy up and redoing the body w/ the phicen 33... the helmet can be adjusted to look much better w/ some heat and reshape.

think that would look spot on! run about $330 or so total... better than $600 for HT

How would you solve the panties on the M33? As far as I can tell, the panties on the Star Ace are solid piece of plastic connecting the upper body and the legs.

How would you solve the panties on the M33? As far as I can tell, the panties on the Star Ace are solid piece of plastic connecting the upper body and the legs.

i'm assuming the undies are just a plastic part that is slid on... can't see them integrating it into the body.

Here's a quick iPhone pic out of the box with a bit more dramatic lighting. A seamless body would have been nice, and Hot Toys admittedly still has a more realistic impression based on the photos I've seen (I don't own the Hot Toys one), but I'm actually very impressed with what Star Ace has done with the paint app on this figure, from head to shin (the feet are a bit sloppy).

I've collected several of their Harry Potter figures, and I have to say that Leonidas is one of their best paint-wise. In hand, the sculpted parts look like actual soft skin and transition well to the silicone (?) torso. The exposed joints didn't bother me as much as I expected since the paint app somehow makes the body look more "whole". And I guess a benefit of exposed joints is being able to pose him however I want to without fear of skin tearing. Once I add the shoulder straps and cloak, the joints will be even less bothersome.

Based on my experience with Star Ace, their figures really do not photograph well. The age old "better in hand" is very much true for them. I'm quite satisfied with Leonidas, and I hope they improve for Cers--I mean Queen Gorgo and the others.

IMG_8092.JPG

Here's a quick iPhone pic out of the box with a bit more dramatic lighting. A seamless body would have been nice, and Hot Toys admittedly still has a more realistic impression based on the photos I've seen (I don't own the Hot Toys one), but I'm actually very impressed with what Star Ace has done with the paint app on this figure, from head to shin (the feet are a bit sloppy).

I've collected several of their Harry Potter figures, and I have to say that Leonidas is one of their best paint-wise. In hand, the sculpted parts look like actual soft skin and transition well to the silicone (?) torso. The exposed joints didn't bother me as much as I expected since the paint app somehow makes the body look more "whole". And I guess a benefit of exposed joints is being able to pose him however I want to without fear of skin tearing. Once I add the shoulder straps and cloak, the joints will be even less bothersome.

Based on my experience with Star Ace, their figures really do not photograph well. The age old "better in hand" is very much true for them. I'm quite satisfied with Leonidas, and I hope they improve for Cers--I mean Queen Gorgo and the others.

looks good!

curious as we've been talking about it... are the pant a separate piece?

The arms and legs look fine but that torso. The muscles are just too sharp, dug in and defined. He was muscular, but not chiseled. That is why it looks like a old Hasbro or Mattel body.

How dare you make me google Butlers nipples Star Ace .....

Are they not painted? Or is it simply not showing up properly in pics?

300_king_leonidas.jpg

Based on this photo, it would seem that Star Ace came closer to matching the abs than Hot Toys.

About the Star Ace nipples, they're not dark enough. They're actually the same color as the body, from what I can tell.

Man, this figure is making us examine Gerard Butler REALLY closely. Guess it comes with the hobby XD

The body doesn't glisten very well either. Star Ace should have included a a bottle of baby oil with this.

I think this looks pretty good from the pics. If I didn't have the HT version I'd definitely pick it up. I may pick one up down the road regardless. Right now I'm really mostly waiting for Themistocles, Artemisia, Gorgo and Xerxes.

Just got this in the other day and I'm really liking it. Paint looks great. Joints are super tight, almost too tight. I don't know why they have a waist grabber instead of a crotch grabber and it could use a couple more hands options but overall really nice!

d680cce2cfe9c70a127285de15099598.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got this in the other day and I'm really liking it. Paint looks great. Joints are super tight, almost too tight. I don't know why they have a waist grabber instead of a crotch grabber and it could use a couple more hands options but overall really nice!

d680cce2cfe9c70a127285de15099598.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great looking pic!!

i honestly don't have an issue with the stock body. mine showed up over the weekend and once put together... the thing looks great in hand! really impressed with the whole figure. great paint apps, the sculpts always seem to look off a tad or crosseyed on the screaming one in pics. in hand, it's not the case. have no complaints at all with it on anything other than could use another set or 2 of hands... and maybe be $15-20 cheaper... but that's it.

and those that were interested in the body swap. as someone mentioned the color of the phicen is too light to match up. it would look good having the full seamless body, but it's def too light in the color department and misses any paint detail... which there is a good job on the stocker. so i'll be sticking w/ the stock as it looks perfectly fine in hand.

Fantastic pic Comatoast! :clap:

great looking pic!!

i honestly don't have an issue with the stock body. mine showed up over the weekend and once put together... the thing looks great in hand! really impressed with the whole figure. great paint apps, the sculpts always seem to look off a tad or crosseyed on the screaming one in pics. in hand, it's not the case. have no complaints at all with it on anything other than could use another set or 2 of hands... and maybe be $15-20 cheaper... but that's it.

Glad to hear you like it. I saw it at a local toy shop and am highly considering it.

Back