1/6 Star Ace - 300 / 300: Rise of an Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never bought the Hot Toys version back in the day, I was strictly Star Wars and Marvel...but now it costs too much for me...so when I saw Star Ace announced they where going to do Leonidas, I was like sweet...But after watching both reviews, Im going to pass on SA version...It looks like a figure that shouldn't be more than $125. It looks cheaply made, the body looks like a toy, the face looks fat, the helmet is too big, the shield too small, the paint apps don't seems as good as Hot Toys...simply said HT Leonidas is still 10 years ahead of anyone else...

So a pass for me, unless I find SA's version on the cheap one day.

The helmet doesn't look like it's supposed to be metal, it looks like rubbery plastic. It's certainly not an improvement over the HT one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only thing I like about this version is the screaming head because the mouth is open wider and looks more vicious than the HT version. That being said, I'm only interested in getting the head if I manage to get a HT Leonidas (it doesn't really seem cross-eyed to me).

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Quite good to be honest but the body looks like mannequin body. Lack of further details, vein or wrinkle

I never bought the Hot Toys version back in the day, I was strictly Star Wars and Marvel...but now it costs too much for me...so when I saw Star Ace announced they where going to do Leonidas, I was like sweet...But after watching both reviews, Im going to pass on SA version...It looks like a figure that shouldn't be more than $125. It looks cheaply made, the body looks like a toy, the face looks fat, the helmet is too big, the shield too small, the paint apps don't seems as good as Hot Toys...simply said HT Leonidas is still 10 years ahead of anyone else...

So a pass for me, unless I find SA's version on the cheap one day.

Yeah I think this will be a shelf warmer give it 6-9 months and see the price get slashed. Its way overpriced, there just trading on what the old HT Leo goes for on ebay.

The only thing I like about this version is the screaming head because the mouth is open wider and looks more vicious than the HT version. That being said, I'm only interested in getting the head if I manage to get a HT Leonidas (it doesn't really seem cross-eyed to me).

Might have a bit of noticeable skin tone variation between the SA sculpt and the HT body though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tehmistokles and Artemisia seems unnecessary. I'll buy 14 inch of Xerxes

The license is for both movies and a Themistokles head sculpt has already been shown. I have the 1/4 GG Artemisia but would like a 1/6. I'd get a Xerxes in a heartbeat.

Hello all! I wanted to get this but the Hot Toys version still looks a lot better to me. For those who have it, is the body holding up? I'm worried that the body will crack. Thanks!

Hello all! I wanted to get this but the Hot Toys version still looks a lot better to me. For those who have it, is the body holding up? I'm worried that the body will crack. Thanks!
I never owned it but everyone seems to have said its in great shape (I haven't seen one that is damaged yet). If you avoid very extreme poses there should be no problem at all.

It's too bad the body doesn't look as nice as the Hot Toys one, but at least there won't be any fear of keeping it in dynamic poses for extended periods. (More fun taking photos of him in heated combat!) Also, the screaming head sculpt is more impactful and the figure doesn't cost $600. May pick this one up!

i'm contemplating picking this guy up and redoing the body w/ the phicen 33... the helmet can be adjusted to look much better w/ some heat and reshape.

think that would look spot on! run about $330 or so total... better than $600 for HT

i'm contemplating picking this guy up and redoing the body w/ the phicen 33... the helmet can be adjusted to look much better w/ some heat and reshape.

think that would look spot on! run about $330 or so total... better than $600 for HT

headsculpt skin tones won't match up well though IMO. The M33 is a pale suntan if that makes sense where as the Star Ace sculpt/body have a bit more orange
to it

Whoever advised them to go with a jointed body. I can bet even if people slit their joints on the ht Leo it won't look this bad.
5-7 years later and they could not outdo - ht - what a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

headsculpt skin tones won't match up well though IMO. The M33 is a pale suntan if that makes sense where as the Star Ace sculpt/body have a bit more orange
to it

Yeah I get what you are saying. Hopefully it matches closely when it shows up in a week. I'll post some pix

Back