1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd share this with you guys. Been working on a diorama display for Snake & wanted to post some pics. Not sure how complete it is; I may add some more stuff (I'd really like to make some old-school blinky computer consoles), but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

View attachment 166706
View attachment 166697
View attachment 166700
View attachment 166701
View attachment 166702
View attachment 166703
View attachment 166704
View attachment 166705

I know it's not exactly movie-accurate, but neither is the figure, so what the hell. Hope you guys dig it.

Bravo!!

Just received Snake, first impressions mixed. I agree with much of Michael Crawford's review now I have him in hand. My main disappointment is with the quality of the accessories (those that I've looked at anyway) which seem desperately cheap. The outfit I can live with, certainly the camo pants aren't as freshly washed bright as they appear in some pics. Not sure about the body yet (May try switching it out), but the hands don't match in tone and are all different shades from heavy tan to deathly white - very poor. The headsculpt looks much better in person, but damn is that hard to capture in pics. As others have pointed out, Snake is far from photogenic but have attached a few initial pics. As a fan I'm glad I picked him up, but definitely looking forward to seeing what I can do to improve him. uploadfromtaptalk1424127827728.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424127867776.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424127910848.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424128106920.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424128140674.jpg

Yup that was a favorable review insomuch as it highlights the strengths of the figure, rather than it's weaknesses--that many including myself seem to get wrapped up with. Happy to have this in my collection.

Just got mine today... 30 seconds out of the box and applying the lightest of pressure I managed to break the left arm at the elbow! And what gives with the pouches? This could have been an epic figure, but the QC and the poor quality accessories make it useful as a base for customisers only.
Sideshow, why have you foresaken us???

First of all - I like the figure. . . and I like Sideshow, of course. So, now that's clear - holy hell this figure is not up to standard. Such a shame. I'm just glad I snapped him up at a very good price and will watch this thread to get ideas for mods. I can't even bend the arms on my figure - does anyone have any advise for that? They're so stiff I think they might break with any force. So jealous of the pictures with his arms bent/angled! Ha!

Yeah, but knowing my luck he'll end up like Mr fantastic or Mr Tickle. . . I'm going to have to sit down with him once I'm in a zen like state, with all the patience in the world, and have a few hours spare!

I've just had another look = those arm joints are SOLID. Gggrrr. The shoulder joints click. . . sigh.

Like the Threezero breaking Bad argument - I personally think it's still good for the money and open to modding! Like I said - looking forward to seeing the mods, but I think I'll buy an extra jacket etc and rub it down/weather it, rather that wreck the one I have.

I will try all your advise about the joints. Cheers!

Back